Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BREAKING: Nissan and Chrysler end collaboration, Ram-based Titan dead

3 posts in this topic

Filed under: Truck, Chrysler, Nissan

nissanchryslersplit_opt.jpg
It's been a year of ups and mostly downs for Chrysler, and you just can't expect every partner to hang on for the ride. As such, Nissan and Chrysler released a joint statement today announcing a mutual end to their agreement to jointly produce three vehicles. The vehicles were to include a new Titan full-size pickup truck for Nissan based on the Dodge Ram, a new small car for Chrysler based on the Nissan Tiida (Versa in the U.S.), and another compact sedan from Nissan for Chrysler to sell in South American markets. The joint release blames "significant changes in business conditions" as the reason for the breakup, though we suspect it has more to do with the condition of Chrysler than anything else.

[source: Nissan, Chrysler]

Continue reading BREAKING: Nissan and Chrysler end collaboration, Ram-based Titan dead

BREAKING: Nissan and Chrysler end collaboration, Ram-based Titan dead originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:07:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=r1_u5EePv54:A0Ahja-Yyvk:wF9xT autoblog?i=r1_u5EePv54:A0Ahja-Yyvk:V_sGL
r1_u5EePv54

View the full article

It made no sense for Chrysler to continue this anyway, now that they have access to Fiats's portfolio. Let Nissan leech off someone else for their next pickup.

It made no sense for Chrysler to continue this anyway, now that they have access to Fiats's portfolio. Let Nissan leech off someone else for their next pickup.

Or NOT when GM was sleeping with Honda the very idea of sm. blk. Chevy's in Honda's made me wanna :puke: