Sign in to follow this  
mustang84

Edmunds forecasts Ford up 26% for August

If that estimate is right about Hyundai, wow. I guess having a $10,000 car really pays off when customers are getting half of it paid by the government.

I really wish we could put this whole C4C thing behind us...

One day it's: "Ford and Hyundai win big" The next day it's: "Toyota dominates C4C program. Then it's: "GM sold the most cars under C4C"

*shakes head*

Kudos to Ford though!

It seems that last year Ford had a horrible August with only a 12.2 %market share and this year it is more normal. It also looks like GM had a good August last year at 24.7 % market share.

This article was stupid anyway. It says GM wasn't helped by C4C, even though they had the 2nd highest C4C sales.

I have a feeling that GM will end up being hurt in August and September due to super low inventory. Our local Chevy dealers don't even have 1 week supply of anything, except Aveos. There are no Tahoes, Suburbans, Avalanches, 09 Malibus, Cobalts, HHRs . . . at a couple of the dealers locally. Loren Berg Chevrolet only had 2 Silverados on the lot as of Saturday, and that is normally their big seller.

Local Chevy dealer has about 12 2010 Malibus... only '09 Malibu left is a hybrid. About 6 Impalas. 2 Corvettes, about 8 Silverados. 6 Traverses. NO Suburbans, Tahoes, Cobalts, Avalanches or Colorados that I saw. Two yellow/black stripe SS/RS Camaros, parked inside. Two pathetic Aveos. They are way down on inventory.

Ford dealer has about 5 2010 Focus coupes (I think they're sharp), a couple of 2010 Focus sedans, about 5 2010 Fusions, one 2010 Taurus (badass SEL in metallic black/black leather), a couple of Super Duties and about 6 2010 F-150s. Again, WAY down on inventory... I saw no Rangers, Edges, Escapes, Explorers, Flexes, or Expeditions. One black/black leather 2010 Mustang GT.

Edited by ocnblu

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook