Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Review: 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport is a mid-size segment buster

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Europe, Volkswagen, Reviews

volkswagenccreview_03_opt.jpg
2009 Volkswagen CC Sport - Click above for high-res image gallery

We still cringe upon hearing marketing types utter the phrase "four-door coupe." It's inherently a lie, a scam. Who are they trying to fool? It's not a four-door coupe, it's a sedan with a sloping roof - generally one that's missing a middle rear-seat. And there's nothing wrong with that. But, just like automakers the world 'round bend over backwards corrupting the language to avoid calling a station wagon anything but a station wagon (Sportback, Avant, Sportcombi, etc.), the oxymoronic four-door coupe appears to be here to stay. Where's George Carlin when you need him? With that rant out of the way, the 2009 Volkswagen CC is the best four-door coupe we've ever driven - at least this side of a Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG, which is three times the price.

Photos copyright ©2009 Drew Phillips / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Review: 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport is a mid-size segment buster

Review: 2009 Volkswagen CC Sport is a mid-size segment buster originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=80qu0FJp-z4:sTp5GxvOWoI:wF9xT autoblog?i=80qu0FJp-z4:sTp5GxvOWoI:V_sGL
80qu0FJp-z4

View the full article

I love this car. Not only does the LH-esque greenhouse appeal to me, but I love the way the car looks inside and out. That interior is one of my favorites, it and he LaCrosse. I want one. I'd just opt for the bigger wheels.

I saw a black one w/ tinted windows in traffic yesterday...certainly is a strikingly good looking car.

Meh. It's too awkward to me. For a few thousand more you can get an A4 with infinitely better styling and more head room. Probably more standard luxury amenities as well.

LOVE it.

Meh. It's too awkward to me. For a few thousand more you can get an A4 with infinitely better styling and more head room. Probably more standard luxury amenities as well.

That's all a matter of opinion.

A4 is dowdy. A CC with base options and the stick is a TREMENDOUS value. why is the passat so BLEH and the CC so cool?

Like the CC much better than the A4 myself...

Chris

i sat in an 010 CC today again. love this car. sat in the rear. the headroom issue is not valid. i am 6-1 and had at least 3 inches above my head when seated. to clear the ear slicing door you have to bend a bit, but after owning the diamante, i learned how to duck and stay away from the glass guillotine. the malibu's door head is just as low as the CC practically.. i am not sitting in the back typically anyways.

the CC is way more stylish than the now stale looking a4. audi's design aesthetic is seriously tired. same thing for 3 decades. something new by now! PLEASE!

CC BLOWS AWAY the new lacrosse in terms of interior BTW....IMHO....even with leatherette. the VW leatherette is more attractive than buicks leather. why the hell do we have to keep suffering with GM cheap interior materials?????????????

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0