New Cadillac Ad

Very classy. Excellent visuals and with the 'Re-ignition' concept. It has a great deal of intrigue that left me wondering what was next with each rocket stage. I especially appreciate that it wasn't over-the-top with a cheesy, used-car salesman voice-over.

That last shot with the logo and the dust trail was absolutely beautiful.

I say this was a fantastic job!

Stupid ad.......really stupid ad.....

.....but damn what a gorgeous new Coupe!!!!!

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this ad is stupid.

That coupe will make a nice addition to the lineup though...Looks good.

Geezer DTS. don't you think you're ever going to get old, you won't always be young and one day that geezer DTS will seem very comfortable. I rented a CTS and drove it to Iowa from Oklahoma and it was very uncomfortable and way too small. I prefer a larger car with more room.

Geezer DTS. don't you think you're ever going to get old, you won't always be young and one day that geezer DTS will seem very comfortable. I rented a CTS and drove it to Iowa from Oklahoma and it was very uncomfortable and way too small. I prefer a larger car with more room.

I totally agree. I sat in the CTS too. I like the looks of CTS, but I thought it was a nice car, but like all the other cars out there the bucket seats are a turn off, the consoles are too wide and take up too much space and there is not any interior room. I do not like all that stuff around me or coming at me. It is nice to stretch out. I wish GM and these other car companies realize not everyone wants to look or feel sporty. There are those of us who want a huge front seat, a huge back seat, and a 20 cubic foot trunk. The car can still handle well and be large and efficient on fuel.

Freakin banal as hell. Jeez. Rockets and desert test bases? Are they marketing to grownups or children?

And everytime I heard the prefix "Re" I thought of Saturn and "Rethink." How'd that work out? Not good. Just like when they tried to reinvent Oldsmobile before that. Has GM not yet learned that apologizing for the past will not increase sales? Who wants to shell out $40 or $50K for a luxury car that has a name that needs an apology?

Don't they get it? Not good. Not a good sign.

BTW, they came close with the "Moments" spot back in the earlier part of the decade. There was a whiff of apology there too but the imagery, music and iron made up for it. There was emotion. Of course, the LeMans program and XLR in the ad are both dead. At least there's the CTS Coupe which will be old news by the time we see them out on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyYq4_3fw2s

• 4 weeks later...

guess what he drives.... go on guess!

He drives an AURORA!!!

guess what he drives.... go on guess!

He drives an AURORA!!!

At least the Aurora doesn't have a bench seat or column shifter, and the center console is angled toward the driver to make it a little more of a driver's car. I've yet to see an Aurora with one of those canvas or vinyl fake convertible tops or white wall tires also. The Aurora's suspension is stiffer than a DTS or the Seville SLS was, and it handles better than those two. I want a smaller car next time, and rear wheel drive; size and front weight bias are shortcomings of the Aurora.

At least the Aurora doesn't have a bench seat or column shifter, and the center console is angled toward the driver to make it a little more of a driver's car. I've yet to see an Aurora with one of those canvas or vinyl fake convertible tops or white wall tires also. The Aurora's suspension is stiffer than a DTS or the Seville SLS was, and it handles better than those two. I want a smaller car next time, and rear wheel drive; size and front weight bias are shortcomings of the Aurora.

DTSes can have bucket seats and console shift and magnetic ride control if the buyer so chooses. Just because you haven't seen an Aurora with a vinyl top doesn't mean they aren't out there.

and... uh... exactly what is wrong with that? i bet my bench seat column shifter with a vinyl top has got more than enough to handle what an aurora can throw at it. piss my old fart family car without air is more appealing to me than half the stuff new on a lot right now.

DTSes can have bucket seats and console shift and magnetic ride control if the buyer so chooses. Just because you haven't seen an Aurora with a vinyl top doesn't mean they aren't out there.

There could be one out there, but it would be extremely rare, where as cars that look like this are rather common.

1G6KD57Y46U181856-1.jpg

24612670026_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...