1. 1. How do you start your day

• Coffee
    • tea
    • energy Drinks WIN
    • Water/flavored water
    • Soda
    • depends
    • other/neither

I am a natural morning person, so I don't usually need something to get me going in the a.m., but lately I've been having some cold, home-brewed green tea in the morning, along with my cereal and yogurt. Less sugar than fruit juice.

1) Water in the AM.

2) Water with lunch.

3) Coffee & Water post lunch.

4) Water after work.

5) Water with dinner.

6) Water post dinner.

7) Green tea before bed.

Oatmeal, plain, with cut-up strawberries or packaged cran-raisins or boxed tropical fruit mix

Banana

Pomegranate or cherry juice (to ward off gout...it's been documented to work)

Tea at work during the day, except during summer

i've been on an oatmeal binge for breakfast lately (or similar 'bobs red mill' whitey whole foods freak cereal concoctions).

generally i have a set target of getting full and getting about 300 calories. the flatulence comes with it, but as long as no women are around....

i start with either 1, 1.5 or 2 servings of the oatmeal cooked with water in the nuker.

one recipe is to add 1/4 cup of the target archer farms blueberry fruit syrup and then some fresh blueberries and splenda packets. gonna try the same with their raspberry syrup soon.

another is to add 1/4 cup of a sugar free pancake syrup and some splenda packets.

another is to add a 50 cal to go package of applesauce and some cinnamon and some splenda packets.

very tasty and lean way to get full on some hot cereal. doing the same with a bobs red mill mix will yield sim results.

i might take some of my kids banana puree and try that next.

jut bought grape nuts again for the first time after a long time. thats a flatulent b'fast also and you cant have much of it because its got way more cals than oatmeal.

CLIF bars or peanut butter sandwiches are also a popular breakfast for me lately as well.

back in the day, i used to do a 20 oz mountain dew, and a couple sausage biscuits from a FF joint. chase it down with a mid morning candy bar and then pizza or chinese buffet lunch.

oooooo, new idea! add a little grape nuts for texture to the oatmeal. mmmmmm or, mix one packet of cream of wheat with one packet of oatmeal, hmmmmmm

Edited by regfootball

Unless you hate cigarettes. :P

I will admit, it's a habit that you don't want to have, especially when funds are running a little on the tight side.

But I've managed to cut back from a pack a day to half a pack or less. I'd quit all together, but I like the taste.

Edited by whiteknight

During the week, I usually drink a bottle of cold Starbucks iced coffee (Vanilla, Coffee, or Mocha) or one of their doubleshots w/ a bowl of cereal or bagel, and a glass of pomengrate juice or OJ. Then at work another 1-2 cups of hot coffee. Occasionally, I skip breakfast at home and go to Einstein Bagel or get a breakfast burrito at the office or a local taqueria.

On the weekends, I either brew up some coffee or go to the Starbucks drive thru.

If I skip breakfast, I get a headache and hungry by 10am...if I skip caffiene, I get a headache.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A piss, a cigarette and either iced tea or soda in that order. I don't eat breakfast normally.

Yes...and no. Very Bronx :lol:

Like moltie said, for me, no breakfast = big headache.

Edited by trinacriabob

Sounds like an extraordinarily healthy breakfast regimen there.

reg-imen, LOL! a bluism!

i am relearning consumption, yes. this morning is was the bobs red mill 10 grain cereal with the raspberry. not as good as the blueberry. i need to try putting some semi sweet choc chips melted into the oatmeal one of these days.....yes chocolate is good for you!

this whole grain goodness causes a bit too much flatulence however. might have to do peanut butter sandwich tomorrow. even the clif bars make me gassy. gonna try makin a bobs red mill muffin recipe soon. its got like 4 of the whole grain and bran products in it, bound to be a whole foods bangers delight.

the low carb / diet juices are pretty good now.

one thing that has helped a lot is lunch too. subway 6 inchers light on condiments no cheese if you eat out. eating at home like i do now.....i found the new sara lee low sodium lunch meats and find some lower cal bread and buns. horseradish and mustard as condiments. 2% cheese slice, let, tom, onion.....add a can of campbells select harvest soup (most are 60-80 calories and 20% sodium x 2 servings). Some lunch days are a burger bare or a veggie burger with some stuff on it.

pacing your intake of calories and all that other jazz during the day lets you occassionally have nice big dinners. just make sure you intake something every 4 hours. tonight was taco night. 1 pound of lean beef (i recently discovered trader joes 96% tastes wonderful and is not pricey), 1 1/2 tsp of each onion and garlic powder. maybe 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of cumin. a few chopped onions, 1/2 tsp of lite salt, and a can of chopped green chiles approximates the chic chis taco seasoning mix darn closely. with far less salt. lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, gauc, lite sour cream, chopped jalapenos fresh, and la tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas warmed up in the oven. (50 calories per tortilla and they taste awesome). i split that batch and its not a huge penalty on either calories or salt and let me tell you its lean and fills you up too.

sorry, my mouth waters with all this food thoughts.....hehe.

if you ever need a quick colon cleanse just inhale 4 or 5 of the general mills fiber one granola bars. like drano on a clog.........works just as fast too......

i really miss pizza and chinese buffets.....but the price of those is just too high to keep doing it so much.

Edited by regfootball

Right when I get up, it's usually a cup of soymilk. Then an hour or so later I have breakfast - lately it's been warmed leftovers - with which I have water, milk, OJ, or POM.

I'm usually parched by morning, and soymilk works well cause it's essentially water, but filling enough to stave off hunger for a while. When I start school, usually I have Naked juice smoothies, which is insanely expensive but I need it to use up my meal plan money anyway...

How are those breasts coming, pow? No soymilk for me since I read from several sources that it causes men to turn into women.:unsure:

If you're concerned about estrogen, then avoid any dairy products from pregnant cows:

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

Meanwhile, the phytoestrogens in soy block excessive levels of the body's own estrogen:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletters/...en-and-soy-milk

The most important thing with any food is moderation. I happen to enjoy eating a bit of everything. All foods have unseen benefits and side effects... so just don't overdo one ingredient.

And for the record, all the people I know with man boobs are ravenous carnivores. :P For lunch I think I'll have some mapo doufu with ground pork and extra Sichuan peppercorns...

Edited by pow

How are those breasts coming, pow? No soymilk for me since I read from several sources that it causes men to turn into women. :unsure:

It wasn't so bad that I grew breasts when I drank it...but it tasted like $h!.

Just wish guys would stop staring at my chest...

Chris

I require at least 24 ozs. of Wawa dark roast - the rest is flexible.

Morning isn't my thing.

24 is a dead minumum for me...84 Oz. will usually be running through me by about nine thirty...

Chris

I still think "What doesn't Kill you Makes you stronger" Thats why I eat natural foods of our ancestors like eggs bacon and grease! Seriously i remember when i was a kid my great grandpa would eat 4 eggs and a pound of bacon every day for breakfast before going to the farm fields and he lived to be 98 years old. Last year a health nut granola and soy guy across the street died of a heart attack at 34.

We all have to die sometime. if the salt and sugar doesnt get you the pesticides will. And if by some miricle you make it trough that the E-coli will finish you off. Back to the subject, Do you all really want to know the answer to this?

I still think "What doesn't Kill you Makes you stronger" Thats why I eat natural foods of our ancestors like eggs bacon and grease! Seriously i remember when i was a kid my great grandpa would eat 4 eggs and a pound of bacon every day for breakfast before going to the farm fields and he lived to be 98 years old. Last year a health nut granola and soy guy across the street died of a heart attack at 34.

One of my all-time favorite comedians with a routine very pertinent to the topic here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXFUaqMl3fc

If it sounds familiar, then it should. Denis Leary ripped off the complete version of this skit for his "No Cure For Cancer" tour. (Apparently, if you want to grow up and do television commercials for Ford trucks, DirecTV, Castrol motor oil, and have a completely uninteresting show on FX and become the very person that Bill Hicks hated, I suppose you have to rip him off first and base your whole career on lies in order to do it. Now, I'm not sure, but this might -- and I said might -- just be a textbook example of irony here.)

Edited by whiteknight

There was this guy that did a cereal commercial for Post for one its healthier cereal concoctions several decades ago. I think his name was Ewell Gibbons. He was supposed to be the picture of health. He died at 64. That's not even standard Social Security retirement age. I'll have to look up the cause on google/wiki.

I see some others have included pomegranate juice. It's not that tasty. I drink it for its antioxidants. And others drink it because...?

I see some others have included pomegranate juice. It's not that tasty. I drink it for its antioxidants. And others drink it because...?

I drink it for the taste...Tropicana Pure Pomegranate Blueberry juice..love the taste..alternate it with OJ in the mornings.

I still think "What doesn't Kill you Makes you stronger" Thats why I eat natural foods of our ancestors like eggs bacon and grease!

I heard a variation on that recently (in a movie, maybe, don't recall the source)---'What doesn't kill you makes you stranger'..I like that.

I do love bacon and scrambled eggs at least once a week...w/ pancakes, biscuits, or toast. Once in a while, I go out and have a huge weekend breakfast at Cracker Barrel (love the country ham), Original Pancake House (bacon pancakes--delectible), or local places...love crepes once in a while also.

There really is no rhyme or reason to what I start my day with. Since I no longer buy soda for home, it'll usually either be juice or water. But usually I don't eat or drink anything before I'm off to work, so at work it will be either water or soda, with an energy drink thrown in here or there if I've stayed up late the night before. More often than not, it's water.