NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Sprinter Divorces Dodge, Moving Back In With Mercedes [New Cars]

13 posts in this topic

What happened to the Freightliner version?

Edit: I guess that's one way for Mercedes to increase it's market share. SMK are you going to count these sales to MB as an advantage over Cadillac?

Kinda shuts Dodge out of the segment.

Somehow I doubt they will build a new Ram Van to replace it.

transit connect will take some van share, and this also underscores how GM has neglected to update their product line for this segment. They have a ripe opportunity to take back share. No way mercedes dealers pander to sprinter customers like dodge would have here in the US.

They're just now announcing this? I already saw Mercedes-badged Sprinters on the street last week. Yep, the actual name was Mercedes Sprinter.

Hey, this ain't the 70s. The need of a full-size van to look anyways handsome for consumers and customizing has ceded to pure utility for businesses.

So, will there now be kits selling all over e-Bay to convert your M-B into a Dodge? :AH-HA_wink:

Mabye GM will do the same with the Savana/Express and have an Escalade VAN. :nono:

They're just now announcing this? I already saw Mercedes-badged Sprinters on the street last week. Yep, the actual name was Mercedes Sprinter.

Those have been around for quite a while, they've been sold under Mercedes, Dodge, and Freightliner brands. Now it will just be Mercedes and Freightliner.