Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Official Honda Crosstour Facebook page all lit up with early negativity [w/POLL]

17 posts in this topic

Filed under: Wagon, Etc., Crossover, Hatchback, Honda

crosstour_lead.jpg
2010 Honda Crosstour - click above image for hi-res gallery

Ruh roh. Looks like Honda's "friends" aren't so happy about the upcoming Crosstour. And rather than us tell you why that might be, we'll let the people speak for themselves. And we'll let Honda's marketing types speak back to the people. Here's the first three comments on the page, warts and all:
Was really hoping this car was going to look like the JDM or the Tourer...but we got neither. Very dissapointed!!! --
Ciamaris R.

The bad move here was teasing a wagon and delivering this Aztec/Venza, why? They don't appeal to the same people (wagons appeal to existing Honda, Subaru & VW owners and CUV's to people who buy cars solely for their street presence (it... helps if they aren't ugly btw)). Through inept PR you've set yourselves up for an instant backlash that is going to dominate the press narrative for this car's launch...and you deserve it. Were you trying to keep a lid on the new Venza competitor? To what purpose? Did you really think that Toyota didn't know this was coming down the pipe? You've dissapointed and angered existing, money in hand customers by raising their expectations and then showing them a product you must know they would consider a betrayal of your brand heritage. If you had announced the CUV aspect of this ahead of time all those buyers would have tuned out this release and just kept on waiting for the wagon, faith in brand intact... --
Ted G

Excellent another hideous car from Honda. This should be a real sales leader in the Early 40's Soccer Mom demographic. How about a legitimate replacement for the S2000 or NSX instead more garbage like this? --
Andrew C

Ouch! But Honda's not going to take this kinda smack talk lying down, no sir. Read the official defense and vote in our poll after the jump.

Continue reading Official Honda Crosstour Facebook page all lit up with early negativity [w/POLL]

Official Honda Crosstour Facebook page all lit up with early negativity [w/POLL] originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=PeOHLM18Vjo:QHmCLB70uyg:wF9xT autoblog?i=PeOHLM18Vjo:QHmCLB70uyg:V_sGL
PeOHLM18Vjo

View the full article

I literally LOL'd when I read this:

If I had a wallpaper of this car I would have to find a way to clean VOMIT outta my keyboard. -- Matt Q.

We hear you bud. You made your point. Some people will enjoy this car and this is for them -- Honda

Blind people can't drive... Matt Q.

I literally LOL'd when I read this:

If I had a wallpaper of this car I would have to find a way to clean VOMIT outta my keyboard. -- Matt Q.

We hear you bud. You made your point. Some people will enjoy this car and this is for them -- Honda

Blind people can't drive... Matt Q.

If the internet gave out annual prizes for epicness and 'win' , this gentleman would certainly be a top contender.

:rotflmao:

I was an early, vocal critic on these very boards of the newest CR-V... and look what happened. It became the best selling small crossover in the USA. So I am not going to criticize this CrossTour because I will be wasting my breath.

I think it is better looking than the CR-V and the Ridgeline.

This is awesome. I hope it flops. Maybe it will teach Honda not to design hideous cars.

Can I make a guess as to what those people who "will enjoy this car" currently own?

7777_5239_thumb.jpg

hdCV-Mt_4.jpg

img_0016.jpg

IMAG0014.JPG

eagle83.jpg

And do those people look something like this?

redneck-wedding.jpg

Wow.. Makes the Venza which mostly just suffers from a bad grille look like a beauty queen.

Honda needed to hire that Audi guy that Kia snapped up.

Why does it look like a platypus? Are they aerodynamic or something? - Benjamin Beacock

platypus.jpg

To answer this correctly, it's because God, from time to time, needs to prove to mankind He has a sense of humor ... a cruel sense of humor.

Benjamin BeaCOCK stole my line... and it's the CR-V that looks like a platypus!

I was an early, vocal critic on these very boards of the newest CR-V... and look what happened. It became the best selling small crossover in the USA. So I am not going to criticize this CrossTour because I will be wasting my breath.

I think it is better looking than the CR-V and the Ridgeline.

Yes, the CR-V was hated by everyone when it was first released. Looking at it now, and I think the styling looks just fine for what it is. And I do think Honda pretty well nailed the styling on it.

As with the CR-V, I think this Crosstour is quite disproportionate and ungainly, at least from the picture, but it may end up growing on me.

I'm sure this will be a sales success just like the RL has been!

honda has the market exemption from having to make attractive vehicles in order to sell. why? who knows. it certainly isn't their torque rich motors.

Hondas are certainly not my thing, but they always looked respectable - until recently.

Who decided to hit them all with the ugly stick?

Something about the greenhouse and side creases reminds me of the Azera. Front would have looked better had they used the regular Accord fascia unchanged.