Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Look Ma, no B-pillar!

I'd like to see a '60 Edsel Corsair photographed in front of it's namesake:

Posted Image

I know it was too litle too late by 1960 but these Edsels are actually nice imo.

Posted Image

Oh, I'm afraid to check links. I might see nekkid girls. :AH-HA_wink:

Of course, you're right, Enzora. I remember now, my uncle's '69 Mach was red with black stripes down there. His car didn't have a spoiler, maybe that's what stupified me. And on the Super Cobra Jet thing, I guess I'm showing how much I know about old Fords...
:blush: Edited by ocnblu

Well, for starters, it is a '69 Mach 1.  A simple check of the link could've shown that.  But the stripes are also a giveaway.  The Boss 429 didn't have any stripes, just a little "Boss 429" logo behind the front fender, and its hood scoop was much larger.  This particular one has the Magnum 500s and rear deck spoiler from the Boss 302.

Second, there was no Boss 429 SCJ.  The Boss 429 was available from '69-'70 and the 429 SCJ was offered in '71.  This one might be a 428 Cobra Jet, can't really tell from this pic.

So, did I forget anything?  Hmm, given my own dorky obsession over classic Mustangs, I really should be more forviging to Sixty8 and his neverending hardtop threads, shouldn't I?  Anyway, how about we all step back and bask in the awe of how cool it is to have a Mustang photographed in front of a Mustang.  In matching colors, no less.

[post="63047"][/post]

here's a Boss 429: :wub:

Posted Image

My uncle, the one who is a Chevy man through and through, who has a gorgeous triple black 1962 Corvette that he restored himself (except for bodywork and paint) told me last night he'd buy a new Mustang in a second. I told him I would too. There are so many of us enthusiasts just searching for authenticity... and Ford has nailed it with the new Mustang. HOWEVER.... that evil, hot, sexy 1969 Boss 429 takes the cake. BOING!!!! :o :P ^_^

Ash Gold 1968 Camaro. This is how my Camaro left the factory. Except it had a 327 and no SS stripe.

Sorry to be a wet blanket Turbo but if you're going to post Hardtops all the windows have to be DOWN for the full effect. The two '69s were photographed wiht the rear windows up. :( :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And last but not least a rare animal: the station wagon hardtop...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

64 is NOT my year for Caddys but for those of you who said you like them:

Posted Image

Razor: the 5 Mopar divisions did a great job wiht hardtops... GM did just as well...

it's ford IMHO that managed to make ugly cars even in the golden age (like say 58-65)

Posted Image

Sorry to be a wet blanket Turbo but if you're going to post Hardtops all the windows have to be DOWN for the full effect. The two '69s were photographed wiht the rear windows up. :(  :P

[post="63414"][/post]

:D :D :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
not only are the windows down, but the hood and trunk are open, LT-1 in all her glory :bowdown: :chevy:

Posted Image
hey...how'd that get in there?

Balthazar: That photo is absolutely delicious. :wub: WMJ: you da man!

Ladies & Gentleman, I submit for your approval:

Nineteen-hundred & Sixty-nine Cadillac Sedan Deville

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Still love those '61-63 Contis but as I said earlier in this thread the fact that they are not hardtops is a bummer. Now this new concept is sharp. I loved it fomr day one... if produced it could be made a true hardtop but not like the concept. I mean this thing does not even have a hardtop style B-post. THere's nothign there. I mean not even any kind of latches or strikers for the doors. A little over the top even for a concept, no? Eh whatever... that '66 is sharp. :wub:

No arguments there Fly.... Buick & Cadillac are the two brands I'm goign to stick with for a while. I've had a couple Chevys & a few Pontiacs and I'll ahve more in the future but right now I'd love to have 1996 Fleetwood Brougham for a daily driver and a '59 Invicta hardtop for a toy.

A few more Mopars... the Pentastar was where it was at in the mid-50s for crazy 4dr hardtops.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another '70 Imperial. No RR styling cues ANYWHERE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Happy New Year everyone!

Here's wishing everyone's automotive fantasies get fulfilled in 2006. Hopefully this will include a four door hardtop 1959 Buick Invicta for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Some four door ardtops from Datsun Nissan... just for shits and giggles. :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I can not beleive I have not posted this particular photo in this thread yet. It's one of my favorite pictures of the '61 Caddy. :wub:

Posted Image

Gorgeous Dodge!

Posted Image

3 Pontiacs...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a '67 Caddy

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

I think the '59 Pontiac is one of the most underrated old cars of all time. It was gorgeous AND well-engineered. The 389 V8 really put Pontiac on the performance map (though even the '57 341 and '58 370 V8s were pretty strong). First of the "wide track" Pontiacs too. I love 'em.

Agreed Neon. The '59 GM lineup was amazing all around.

Here's a couple of sweet Buick four door hardtops. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

In all honestly, the dim spot in the '59 GM lineup was Cadillac. Yeah, they were glitzy but they lacked the well-proportioned and balanced class of the '58s and the toned-down elegance and jetlike fins of the '60s, especially in roundtop coupe form.

When you come to the USA at age eight and you see a car as amazing as a 1959 Coupe Deville those quad bullet tail lights forever become the standars by which coolness is judged.

My tastes have evolved and my favorite Cadilacs are now 1961/2, 1967 & 1970 but some small part of me still thinks a '59 Biaritz is the tip of the iceberg for finned cars. The only problem I have wihtt he '59 Caddy lineup is that the Vista Roof cars do not work stylistically. The horizontal roof clashes wiht the vertical fins.

and now for more 4-door hardtops

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rectangular Sealed Beams and hardtops coexisted for but a brief moment in time.

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

I liked the "six window" style of 4-door hardtops GM used in the late 1950s and early 1960s as well. The Buick Electras in the photos above are what I'm talking about. You get the "formality" of a six window design with a hardtop style. Electras and 98s of this period looked especially good. The '61 98 was probably the best, in my view ('course, I couldn't find a picture of one on the web).

That's a handsome looking dog. I remember when our husky used to look like that.

[post="81291"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Did he get a nose-job? Tummy-tuck? Botox? Why does he NOT still look like that? "P

Oaky but seriously I'm off to go buy a scratch ticket. Ever since I saw this Gorgeous LeSabre Flying Wing Delta Fin I've been itching to take a roadtrip out to Texas. :D

Did he get a nose-job? Tummy-tuck? Botox? Why does he NOT still look like that? "P

[post="85035"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because he's old as dirt that's why; he's 12 years old. he's lost most of his hair, he's deaf, he's blind in one eye, has hip dysplasia, and he smells foooon-kay.
anyways he was more of a beige-on-white Husky, but he was still a very good looking dog in his youth. Wish I had a picture...

Sorry... not so funny any more. Hip dysplasia sucks. :(

Posted Image

This makes every other hardtop or whatever just plain suck in comparison.

[post="64953"][/post]

I remember when I first came to LA in hte 80's, I drove down Sunset from Beverly Hills to the ocean, and in front of a big place in Bel-Air was parked one of these, in a dark blue. It was gorgeous

Sorry... not so funny any more. Hip dysplasia sucks. :(

[post="85039"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yeah. poor guy's been falling down a lot lately, my parents are thinking of getting him a wheelchair.
Still a good dog, though. Still guards the fence gate like a hawk and scares off all the alley cats and squirrels with out even having to bark. Edited by Turbojett