Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

TCC: HUMMER Considering More Models

From TCC: Look for still more products to expand the lineup at HUMMER, General Motors' off-road brand, said division general manager Susan Docherty. The addition of the smaller H3 model has resulted in a 93-percent increase in sales this year, she noted, despite the run-up in fuel prices and the overall decline in the SUV market. "There is room for this brand to expand beyond the segments we're competing in now," Docherty said. "But we have to be very sure that as we grow into other segments, it needs to be segments in which the proposition of iconic design and unparalleled off-road capabilities resonate." That would rule out sports cars and minivans, HUMMER's general manager emphasized. But, "I could definitely see people who are pickup drivers needing off-road capabilities. But we want to be very careful and plan what that growth will be."

• 5 weeks later...
I wonder if a full size regular cab Hummer pickup truck based off the 2008 GMT900 could be a posibility? would it just steal sales from Chevy and GMC pickups? any thoughts? really the only thing to add to Hummer would be a pickup truck and maybe a smaller Hummer, a two door simular to the jeep wrangler..

• 4 months later...
I think Hummer would do well with a pickup but it depends on how it would be priced. You want it to compete as less as possible against other GMT900s but you actually want it to sell more than a few thousand units.

I think Hummer would do well with a pickup but it depends on how it would be priced.  You want it to compete as less as possible against other GMT900s but you actually want it to sell more than a few thousand units.

[post="152210"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would aim for an H2/Tahoe level of differentiation.

Oh boy... what do you want to bet that in a couple years Hummer will introduce two new vehicles which are front wheel drive biased with an AWD option and based off of the Epsilon II Frame. Both models will not be able to tackle the terrain that Hummer is known for. However, GM states that the more rugged looking model will offer a little more off road capability... :rolleyes:

The H4 is indeed back on, but since when was Ford planning a Bronco?

[post="152401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i thought they had a concept bronco w/ a desiel..... right? it might've been last year?

What Hummer needs is a product that puts the Wrangler to shame. Meaning: equal or better off-roading capability...more importantly better powertrains, roomier interior, quality/more durable materials, and more "toughness." The new Wrangler is a great product - especially the 4-door - but it has some inherent weaknesses that Hummer and GM could easily capitalize upon. That being said, it has been discussed here that GM is not capable of doing this, as they feel the need to resort to a beefed-up Theta vehicle. I hope they do not pursue that route, for if they do, they are better spending their time and money on upgrading the H2 & H3 to keep them competitive on this SUV downturn trend.

A road-oriented sport crossover might work... think Range Rover Sport.

[post="152370"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was thinking similarly, but more along the lines of what Jeep was considering making the Compass originally... a small tough all terrain sedain/coupe. They've since turned it into a Jeep Neon :Barf:

If they did a truck, something like the Dodge M80 concept would be a definite winner.

What Hummer needs to do is put the duramax in the H2 along with an all new interior, bring out the H3T and an H4.

[post="152585"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

8) Here are two companies that sell H2's with the Duramax HO and Allison 6 speed tranny. You can also get the smaller original Duramax and 5 speed allison.

Pretty cool and at 22MPG way better than anything else out there. :P

Predator H2 Duramax Hummers

Stallion Customs Duramax H2 Conversions.

Enjoy, I for one am looking forward to an H4 Pickup Truck :D

:truck:

8) Here are two companies that sell H2's with the Duramax HO and Allison 6 speed tranny.  You can also get the smaller original Duramax and 5 speed allison.

Pretty cool and at 22MPG  way better than anything else out there.  :P

Predator H2 Duramax Hummers

Stallion Customs Duramax H2 Conversions.

Enjoy, I for one am looking forward to an H4 Pickup Truck :D
:truck:

[post="153296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

any conversions for the H3?

Hummer detroit is advertising an H3 maximizer. up to 25 MPG. i was more than curious so i called the service guys. for $189. they fill the tires with nitrogen and put in a vortex valve. doesn't void the warranty and the DEALER says you'll get up to 25 MPG and 10% more horse power. the local ABC affiliate did something on that little turbine deal you put into your air cleaner. final analysis was it didn't work. this can't be what the dealer is selling? anyone have any ideas?

• 7 months later...