NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Review: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon eats up cargo, swallows open road

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: Wagon, Cadillac, GM, Reviews, Luxury

ctssportwagon---01_opta.jpg
2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon - Click above for high-res image gallery

In Europe, the humble station wagon holds a big-time slice of the family driver demographic, partly because ridiculous petrol prices make big SUVs and crossovers far too uneconomical. Americans, on the other hand, have a fundamental problem with the station wagon. We're not sure if the wagon is uncool because it was our parents' preferred family vehicle or if the aesthetics of it are just too boxy for our fashion forward culture. The only subset of the American public who has consistently called for more wagons are automotive enthusiasts, though even we seldom seem to vote for the Griswald Family Truckster with our pocketbooks.

Cadillac is all too aware of America's disdain for the wagon, as evidenced by the fact that General Motors' luxury brand has never built a squat two box for the U.S. market. That changes for 2010 as the Wreath and Crest begins production of its 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon. This Caddy begins life with hot-to-trot sheetmetal and the underpinnings of the excellent CTS sedan, but does it have the chutzpah to change our less than flattering opinions about the station wagon? We gave the CTS Sportwagon some time in the Autoblog Garage to see if the first-ever U.S.-market Caddy wagon has the goods to make Americans stop their loathing and get to loading. Click on the jump to find out.

Photos copyright ©2009 Chris Shunk / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Review: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon eats up cargo, swallows open road

Review: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon eats up cargo, swallows open road originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 03 Sep 2009 11:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=TeaTfx3pUTE:ouGvqW0XwKw:wF9xT autoblog?i=TeaTfx3pUTE:ouGvqW0XwKw:V_sGL
TeaTfx3pUTE

View the full article

'Fashion forward?' I think North America is quite the opposite, otherwise we wouldn't be buying monstrosities like these:

2008-Toyota-Sequoia-SR5-08.jpg

This car looks excellent. I think it can do as well as any wagon in this country.

hopefully so?... but if the magmum was a sales target, hopefully it blows it away for the same period it was on sale.. 3-4 years?

hopefully magnum = thunderbird ....just ahead of it's time in bringing a trend back.

Frankly I love it. If I were to get a Cadillac it would be ahead of the DTS or STS on my list, and that is really saying something because I love BIG Caddies! If its possible it is better looking than the sedan. I had the money and was interested in a crossover/SUV this would get my vote. The nice thing is you can take it to Lowes load it up and then take it to the Country Club and not feel out of place.

Frankly I love it. If I were to get a Cadillac it would be ahead of the DTS or STS on my list, and that is really saying something because I love BIG Caddies! If its possible it is better looking than the sedan. I had the money and was interested in a crossover/SUV this would get my vote. The nice thing is you can take it to Lowes load it up and then take it to the Country Club and not feel out of place.

I like it very much if money was rt. I'd even get get the Sport/Wagon before the coupe. I know This would be asking TOO much but if this takes off Gm may give us a nomad off the CTS (sportcoupewagon) :P

I believe that this will do better than many folks think.

I would agree-Think it will find plenty of happy owners.

Chris

Wouldn't sell. These guys tried it already.

Problem identified : too slow, lackluster / bland / old man design.

Wouldn't sell. These guys tried it already.

IIRC they've been special-order only... and AMGs aren't supposed to be big sellers anyway, sedan, wagon, coupe, SUV, etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room