Sign in to follow this  
KaliRover

Interetesting...

Interetesting..., Seeing the route that Mercury has gone they'll be dead and burried in less than a decade. Saddly.

Interetesting..., Seeing the route that Mercury has gone they'll be dead and burried in less than a decade. Saddly.

[post="61404"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

In a word, NO!

The Fusion triplets will be a huge hit for Ford, I've finally seen all three up close and they're very attractive cars. Mercury has a future being uplevel Fords, hopefully we'll get a Cougar. Lincoln needs to return to the true luxury field, quit with this wannabe ghetto-cruiser stuff.

Mercury has mostly been an uplevel Ford since 1939. Where do some get the idea that they were and should be one unique car company? They were never like GM's divisions with their own engines. Even the 'classic" 1967 Cougar shared many Mustang parts. Edited by Chicagoland

Holla Back? Sweet Jesus...

[post="61456"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw that and cringed. It's one thing to tap into different communities...it's another to make yourself look like a fool trying to hop on some bandwagon.

And the Magic Johnson commentary was just plain annoying. Edited by mustang84

Maybe this was on purpose to further degrade Lincoln's status to further position it between Mercury and Volvo, and with the new look of jag, better the public perception of the Ford hierarchy: Aston, Jag/Land Rover, Volvo, Lincoln, Mercury, Ford/Mazda... :rolleyes:

Oh well, I did my part to support this brand, but at the rate that their digging themselves a grave, don't know how much longer... I smell a merger of some sort in the air...

ok, Im a little upset about that "old school" timeline. 60's, 70's, 90's, 2005. what about the 80s? what about the mark VII, the first car from america with flush lights, standard 4 wheel ABS and discs(big ones at that, 12.1 on all corners), and options that STILL arent common in cars? It's comforting to see that a company is too EMBARASSED by a decade to remember it. seriously, even the fox conti's werent THAT bad. I kinda feel like one of the bastard children, now. Edited by ltm_awake

ok, Im a little upset about that "old school" timeline. 60's, 70's, 90's, 2005.
what about the 80s?
what about the mark VII, the first car from america with flush lights, standard 4 wheel ABS and discs(big ones at that, 12.1 on all corners), and options that STILL arent common in cars? It's comforting to see that a company is too EMBARASSED by a decade to remember it. seriously, even the fox conti's werent THAT bad. I kinda feel like one of the bastard children, now.

[post="61726"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I noticed the timeline too. They completely botched Lincoln history...there is hardly any content. What happened to everything before the 1961 Continental? Where is the original Zephyr? Why did they leave out the Mark VIII as well?

Also, if you look at the Old School pictures, why in earth's name did they choose to put in that last picture of the Mark V with a middle portion of the bumper missing, droopy trim pieces, and crooked license plate? Did they not have any better photos than that one??

I noticed the timeline too.  They completely botched Lincoln history...there is hardly any content.  What happened to everything before the 1961 Continental?  Where is the original Zephyr?  Why did they leave out the Mark VIII as well?

Also, if you look at the Old School pictures, why in earth's name did they choose to put in that last picture of the Mark V with a middle portion of the bumper missing, droopy trim pieces, and crooked license plate?  Did they not have any better photos than that one??

[post="61798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They where showcasing all of the car's that their intended target might consider "hip" ... as the Chevy Impala, Elderado, and Deville have been amongst the urban hip crowd... and maybe those names might end up in a rap song or two... sad.

And what I ment by mercury was it's new face, ultra hip, sexy, savvy, outgoing, fun, self-consious, fashion oriented....

It's so different... and I'm not a huge fan of it's new face. Here are some pic's of the new mercury that Ford is Banking on, I don't recognize this Mercury... but then again, I see this is a sort of a positive thing, after all, I've spent the last few year's rallying for Merc's to be a bit more different then Ford, to have a new face, a new image, etc, I guess Ford heard, and this was it's answer... oh well.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and many more from merc's website...

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/milan/img/home_milan.jpg
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mountaineer.../main_ext_7.jpg
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mountaineer...oll_reverse.jpg
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/mariner/img/main_ext_1.jpg
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/milan/img/main_ext_4.jpg
http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/montego/img/main_int_1.jpg

Depends on what your definition of "hip" is. To me, it seems like Mercury is branded more as sophisticated and modern than bling-bling-gold-Rolex-hip. Kind of like an American Volvo, a properly-assembled IKEA, an automotive iPod...