Is Canada all that different from America?

Variance

You are correct that the Democrats can only win with a moderate like Warner, but your views towards middle America are alarming.

[post="61625"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, please. There's no way I was being anywhere near serious with much of that post because if middle America really voted based on who had the shiniest object Kerry would have won by a good margin (on account of Bush being so dull). Though if you want to talk alarming, let's talk about the 30% of the voting public who still doesn't know for whom they are voting the night before the election. Alarming is when 60% of America wishes the election had gone the other way less than a year after the fact as if they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Edited by Croc

Well cant be everyone protected by daddys fat pocket. Ignorance comes in many fashions. Presidents? Its not like they have ever gotten anything accomplished anyhow. Well the Bushman made sure he left his tracks, something like war, insane debt, poor ecomomy and unfair trade should get him 3/4 of a page in history. If Hillary were to be elected would we have to shut the government down for one week a month ? or do we only need to worry about hot flashes ? Maybe she'll legalize white collar crimes, oh wait, to late, its already an unwrittin law. The Canadians ? The Canadians are my Brothers.

A real forum rule has been broken here.

[post="61705"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you notice, the other rule gets broken everyday. EDIT: EVEN BY THE MODS

The "rule" was instituted because some here couldn't handle thier inflamed opinions being shot down by clearer/more logical minds. This was before. I thought the discussion was going fine [well until that amazing post from none other than Croc] and was free of strong opinion. We were discussing politics, but not really arguing over the fact. I think this rule needs to be revoked. There are plenty of intellectual minds that CAN handle this type of discussion here now, when all I can remember from before were bruised egos and shouting matches. It's silly to have one issue we cannot discuss, besides religion is the real touchy subject and we got through that one just fine in the AFA thread. I think as long as people are not so sensitive to ignorant opinions and resist the temptation to try and change inflamed opinions, then we'll be okay. Edited by turbo200

Awwwww, why thank you!  My post was meant to be humorous and NOT taken seriously, but if you're really convinced I think elections are decided by the use of shiny objects there isn't anything I can do to stop you :rolleyes:

[post="61741"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was talking in jest, nothing serious man, I thought your post was funny, but way way too honest sounding

EDIT: emphasis is on it was a joke, and I didn't mean anything by what I said Edited by turbo200

I think as long as people are not so sensitive to ignorant opinions and resist the temptation to try and change inflamed opinions, then we'll be okay.

[post="61737"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You set up a month-long biweekly evening course and have full participation from 100% of the members instilling what you said above, then we can remove that rule.

I was talking in jest, nothing serious man, I thought your post was funny, but way way too honest sounding

EDIT: emphasis is on it was a joke, and I didn't mean anything by what I said

[post="61742"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Phew! Sometimes I am absolutely shocked at how few people pick up the humor in my posts.

No.  Not in a million years.  The D's aren't stupid.  They know they need a moderate candidate to win.  What with the big win in VA, Warner is now a big frontrunner.  You gotta remember...it isn't just democratic strongholds that need to be appealed to--they will always vote D and obviously they aren't enough to win an election--it is the vast wasteland of borderline retarded, culturally ignorant, Wallyworld-shopping, blue light special-loving, orthodontically-impaired and "fashion f*cking DON'T"-wearing "middle Americans" who make up the moderate masses of so-called "swing voters" who defy all logic in their voting patterns that must be appeased.  Unless they get caught up in a massive wave of bra-burning activism (like in the 70s) or Bible-humping evangelism (like recently), this group does not stray to far from centrist political thought.  Right now the D's realize that their best bet is on a moderate Democrat like the three I mentioned who might know the right hot-button soundbytes to say and, most importantly, the right shiny objects to wave in order to attract the attention (and sympathy) from this vast wasteland of America.

[post="61605"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh yea, thats just right full of comedy

how could anyone not miss it ?