Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Spy Shots: Camo-free 2010 Hyundai Tucson on U.S. soil!

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Crossover, Hyundai

spy-tucson-08-630.jpg
2010 Hyundai Tucson - click above for high-res image gallery

Just last week, Hyundai revealed the new ix35 compact crossover in its home market of South Korea. When it arrives at U.S. dealers late this year, it will retain the Tucson nameplate used on the current-generation model. This week, we stumbled across what looks to be a production-ready Tucson here in Michigan, completely devoid of camouflage and missing only its badges.

As we saw in the photos from Korea, the new Tucson is very similar to Hyundai's ix-onic concept shown in Geneva last March. The biggest exterior differences are the front foglights, the rear taillamps and the CUV's lower fascia. From what we were able to see of the interior, the design of the concept is also carried over verbatim.

We expect for the Tucson to make its official U.S. debut at the Los Angeles International Auto Show this November.

Photos Copyright ©2009 Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.

Spy Shots: Camo-free 2010 Hyundai Tucson on U.S. soil! originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:07:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=AYfJWkU3Tlo:mXJL1GdUOeo:wF9xT autoblog?i=AYfJWkU3Tlo:mXJL1GdUOeo:V_sGL
AYfJWkU3Tlo

View the full article

The new Murano.

Must irritate Nissan to no end.

Hyundai makes, at the very least, some very clever facsimiles.

Just when you think auto styling can't possibly get any worse...

Still better than the Honda/Toyota product lineup...but man is that thing ugly.

Chris

Couldn't have cared about the current Tucson, and could care less about this. It's boring.

Couldn't have cared about the current Tucson, and could care less about this. It's boring.

But it will sell in mass to the sheeple.

Chris

If you truly didnt care, you wouldnt have posted in this thread in the first place. Apparently you do.

Next time just skip over it.

Edited by ConceptVBS

If you truly didnt care, you wouldnt have posted in this thread in the first place. Apparently you do.

Next time just skip over it.

Maybe next time you'll skip over your posts too.

Except for the overdone grille treatment, I think it looks cool. It's one smooth looking compact CUV. The only thing that seems out of place (other than the overdone grille) is the name. "Tucson" conjures up images of a more rugged, blockier design (sort of like the GMC Terrain).

I think it's pretty good. The interior is improving like every Hyundai and they seem to have found that spot in design. Sure, it has elements of other vehicles but overall it's a better mix of anything it may have been influenced by. I think it's going to be a big seller.

Meh..just another generic...looks too much like a Nissan in profile.

Far better than the RX imposter it replaces. In fact, I like the design. This time they did a better Lexus nose than Lexus. Look at the sculpting in the grill, the exact same as Lexus' as of late only this one doesn't extend beyound the front plane of the bumper.