Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Officially Official: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost details released [w/VIDEO]

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Sedan, Videos, Rolls-Royce, Luxury

p90051022_highres-630.jpg
Rolls-Royce Ghost - click above for a high-res image gallery

Rolls-Royce has officially dropped dozens of images and plenty of details on its new "baby" saloon, the Ghost. The new Roller won't be seen publicly for another week, when it'll formally bow in Frankfurt, but we now know that its 6.6-liter V12 generates an impressive 575 lb-ft of torque at 1,500 rpm, along with 563 horsepower in U.S. trim. The 212.6-inch body stretches over a 129.7 inch long wheelbase, and the whole car weighs in at 5,445 pounds unloaded.

There are no surprises in the styling, which is unchanged from the 200EX concept displayed in Geneva last March. naturally, the Ghost retains the Phantom-style coach doors (don't call them suicide in the presence of a Rolls rep) with built-in umbrellas. Inside, the Ghost carries over additional Phantom quirks, such as the "Power Reserve" gauge the driver gets in lieu of a traditional tachometer. Aside from that, this is clearly more of a driver's car than the Phantom, whose opulent backseat accommodations show that it's more about being driven in. The Ghost's steering wheel is much smaller in diameter and has a thicker rim than its big brother, and the seats appear to have more contouring for lateral support, as well. Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but plan on bringing a Halliburton attache case full of cash if you plan on buying one, just to be on the safe side. A video and an exhaustive official press release follows after the jump.

[source: Rolls-Royce]

Continue reading Officially Official: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost details released [w/VIDEO]

Officially Official: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost details released [w/VIDEO] originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 12:35:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=yshR0m1reb0:cve6dTxM1fI:wF9xT autoblog?i=yshR0m1reb0:cve6dTxM1fI:V_sGL
yshR0m1reb0

View the full article

Awesome car, my favorite part is that it takes 7 days to paint it. The teflon coated umbrellas inside the doors are pretty sweet too.

Even tho it's a tad longer, it's pretty amazing they got this pig down to within a few hundred pounds of a bmw x6. That's some engineering there. :wink:

A polished, soul-less turd, far far far far overpriced for what you get. For the money, it should blow away anything ever built, either OEM or custom... yet it's not radically different than 'lesser' sedans. And taking as long to paint a car as Foose can completely rebuild & customize one is easy to pull off... when your volume is so pathetically slow- the workers have plenty of idle time to stretch things out.

bmw has a long way to go with this brand if they want to build it up to anything approaching a world standard... but more importantly; when it the RR SUV coming ?? :wink:

Edited by balthazar

The Rolls-Royce SUV is coming never. "Lesser cars" don't have gyroscopes on the wheel hubs to keep the RR logo upright at all times. Plus, this is their entry-level car.

It looks like a Phantom that's slightly rounded. I'm not a fan of it.

As far as German owned British luxury marques go I prefer Bentley.

It looks like a Phantom that's slightly rounded. I'm not a fan of it.

As far as German owned British luxury marques go I prefer Bentley.

I too prefer Bentley style, but I think the Rolls style theme works much better on this car than in the Phantom.

I think this car looks great. Improved over the Phantom which always looked a bit odd. Though the rear is very very Quattroporte-ish.

smk4565 - >>"The Rolls-Royce SUV is coming never."<<

'They' said that about mercedes, BMW, & porsche, too.

Did you hear the rumors that ferrari is working on a SUV, too?

>>""Lesser cars" don't have gyroscopes on the wheel hubs to keep the RR logo upright at all times."<<

It's not a gyroscope, it's on a bearing and the center is weighted. Just like on the tire pressure gauges on a million tractor trailers. Faaaan-cy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room