Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Really expensive cars you'd like to own

As the title states, what expensive cars would you like to own if you had the ability to purchase one and why? I'm thinking cars at or near six figure range.

For me, in the following order:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Aston_Martin_Vantage-V8_162.jpg

0805_01z%202009_aston_martin_V8_vantage.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV

lamborghini_murcielago_lp670_4_sv_main_6

mur_sv_3-4_rear_large_opt.jpg

Bentley Continental GT

project_khan_bentley_continental-1.jpg

project_khan_bentley_continental_gt.jpg

I love the looks of the V8 Vantage inside and out. It's one of my favorite designs...elegant and timeless. It will look stunning decades later. Plus it makes quite a noise and handles well.

I've always liked the Murcielago, but this last hurrah for the car is my favorite. It looks sinister and over the top...like a Lamborghini should. I love the sound of an American V8 but that V12 in the Murcielago sounds amazing.

As for the Continental GT, I've always liked the looks, the fact that it is a hardtop, and that it is a luxurious GT that can handle very well for its size.

So what about you guys? New cars only.

Lambos are my thing in the stratoexpensive. However, I don't think I'd fit well... so I would be more inclined towards the Bentley GT coupe. It has a great muscled shape... several of them float around the AC area.

Since I tend to desire what I am potentially able to afford, I'm more into the BMW M6 and the Mercedes CL63 AMG.

I'd really rather have five 2010 G8 coupes, however.

meh...give me a Z06 or a ZR1 anyday. Went to an Italian car show here in Columbus, people came from all over...best part of the show was leaving and following a Z06 down Rt 161 with its glorious exhaust note.

Lambo's are okay, but most of them are only driven a few miles a year and seem to be owned as status symbols.

As far as pricy cars go...I'd take a really nice Ford Woody Wagon, a really nice 65 GTO convertible (like a pristine national show winner) if we are talking right at six figures.

If I can go more...Ferrari GTO or a real Shelby Cobra, please.

If I can go less...Lotus Elise, please.

The car I really want to spend money on right now is a BMW E-30 M3 or a BMW M Coupe (Clownshoe Coupe). If I had 100k I'd spend 20K on a clownshoe or E-30 M3 and bank 80K.

Chris

The one I'd want to have isn't new, but relatively recently out of the production--a Ford GT. Love. This. Car. The styling, the performance, the whole package.

ford%20gt.jpg

As far as new cars go, +1 on the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. And the DB9. Both gorgeous cars with fantastic performance.

As far as luxury cars go, I'm fond of the Mercedes CLS, S-class, and SL, both in regular (550) and AMG 63 forms. All 'executive' cars I'd love to drive, and that are attainable (at least in CPO form) in a few years...

Another that is older (that I should have bought new 10 years ago) that I'd like to have is a Land Rover Defender.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The one I'd want to have isn't new, but relatively recently out of the production--a Ford GT. Love. This. Car. The styling, the performance, the whole package.

ford%20gt.jpg

As far as new cars go, +1 on the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. And the DB9. Both gorgeous cars with fantastic performance.

This was the first thing to pop into my head as well.

A bit odd since I don't usually care much for cars put together this way ( Lambo, Ferrari, etc.)

Yes to many of the others mentioned so far in this thread (especially the ZR-1).

I'd add a first gen Viper GTS to the list too.

oddly enough mine are kinda plain...

27072d1217683723-whitewall-tires-1968-co

L88 Corvette

228Z.jpg

1970 LT1 Corvette

SCR73.JPG

Yenko Camaro

SCR799992.JPG

yenko nova

SCR7999996.JPG

Deff would make room for the Dick Harrel LS6 SS camaro.

a Zr1 from 95 a new ZR1. Prolly could find what i was lookin for at Barret Jackson.

I dont really have an expensive car desire. i would however like an impala in both coupe and convertible from 1958-1970.

If I could pick any 4:

1) Bentley Continental GT for everyday driving/cruising

2) Ferrari 458 Italia for all out performance

3) Porsche Cayman S with some modifications as the ultimate driver's car

4) Bugatti Veyron GT for ridiculous speed and top-down fun

If I had to limit it to 3, I would probably get rid of the Porsche (Ferrari would be fine as a driver's car). Any two, Ferrari and Bentley would stay.

With unlimited funds, I'd take a broken down old Chevelle or Cutlass, Trans Am or Z/28, and restore it to have the best blend of modern technology and classic panache. I'd drop in the best LSX motor money could buy and tune it to make the most reasonable, comfortable maximum amount of power , the best manual transmission money could buy, make subtle upgrades and modifications to the interior and exterior (like flush-fitting the side glass, shaving the drip rails, installing the best, simple audio system, upgrading all of the fabrics to authentic premium leather, etc.), and make it handle as well as possible. On the outside you'd see a classic, but sit inside of it and feel the best of today's technology without all of the fluff.

That's what Year One did for the Bandit Trans Ams. I've also seen this done to an old Challenger (it had a modern Hemi powertrain and other appointments but appeared as if it were a restored, stock R/T; this car was a less extreme realization of the idea).

Resto-mods are very appealing when done right.

Oh, and if I had any cash left over, I'd force GM to build me one of each of these two cars:

holden_pontiac.jpg

I guess supercars, with all of their flash, baubles, over-the-top presences don't really appeal to me as much as they once did. The only thing that seems to come close anymore would be the Ford GT, but I don't think I'd spend any fictional amount of money on one over something else.

Edited by whiteknight

oddly enough mine are kinda plain...

27072d1217683723-whitewall-tires-1968-co

L88 Corvette

228Z.jpg

1970 LT1 Corvette

SCR73.JPG

Yenko Camaro

SCR799992.JPG

yenko nova

SCR7999996.JPG

Deff would make room for the Dick Harrel LS6 SS camaro.

a Zr1 from 95 a new ZR1. Prolly could find what i was lookin for at Barret Jackson.

I dont really have an expensive car desire. i would however like an impala in both coupe and convertible from 1958-1970.

Thats more like it!

Can't forget get about the 69 ZL-1 Camaro or a 67 427 Tripower Vette.

I could care less about all the eurotrash cars.

I'd rebuild from the ground up one of each model E-body from 1985 but power them with something more appropriate to their status. I'd also make sure they would run on bio-fuel.

Just for laughs, I'd take the power train out of a Tesla, double the battery capacity, and install the whole lot in a 1996 Fleetwood to be my daily driver.

None of those exotics appeal to me. I have no need for a penis extension.

project_khan_bentley_continental_gt.jpg

Hey, look, someone copied the front of my '08 LaCrosse.

Seriously, I wouldn't feel comfortable behind the wheel of an expensive car. It's not me. If I had some serious moolah around, I might look for a perfect low-mileage 75 or 76 Cutlass Supreme or Grand Prix, which aren't cheap BTW, to garage, drive on the weekends, and continue babying.

Edited by trinacriabob

The Koenigsegg is the only super car I could ever own. the aerial atom is badass though. I would rather put a 572 into the caprice and use it as my DD.

Hey! I am a half Irish half English on my dad's side...I NEED the penis extender, thank you very much! <_<:neenerneener:

Seriously: I only buy cars that stimulate me during the drive...status be damned. I like my M5 by the way the exhaust note sounds, the way it reacts to the controls, and just how blindingly fast it is. If that means I have to live with the penis extender moniker, that is just sad.

Oh, and I would also love a Hennessy LS9 powered SS Camaros to add to my list...fast and beautiful.

32214050039_large.jpg

Three words:

OH

MY

GOD

Beautiful. And there's a beautiful dashboard inside to match!

P.S. as people here know, and make fun of me for (:rolleyes:), I would very much like to own the stock, upscale version of this car, which is the Grand LeMans, but with a small-block V8 and not what's under this hood.

Edited by trinacriabob

If I had to limit myself to 5... that cost close or around a 100 grand...

1987 Buick GNX

1971 Pontiac GTO Judge Hardtop Lucerne Blue 455 HO

1969 Pontiac Trans Am

2010 Chevy Corvette ZR1

2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum (pearl White of course)

Only "Exotic" I want...

2009 Bentley Brooklands in cream with redish-brown leather. Classic BOF construction, the hummm a 6.75 motor would be near god-like.

Of course there are lots of cars under 50K I would love to have, some more than the uber expensive ones I listed above... Like a 2nd gen CTS-V and '77 Can Am.

Edited by gm4life

Forgot about the Atom..that would be a great track day toy, not to mention a surreal commuter car. I'd love to have the ZR1 as a companion to the Ford GT for twisty Ohio backroad driving. Ford GT in white /w dark blue stripes (or dark blue w/ white stripes, or maybe the Gulf colors--lt blue & orange) and the ZR1 in gunmetal gray...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Here in S.W. Ohio we go here to drool :drool:http://www.mershons.com/

If you guys have your FAV house of :drool: please post I think it should pertain to this topic

http://www.musclecarcity.net/index.html

http://www.classicdreamcars.com/INVENTORY.html

this has been posted before, he is called the Sultan of Michigan. Most accounts point to none other than John Lingenfelter's son as the Owner of this collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQMgwouKlU

http://demonicious.com/20090413/sultan-of-...uto-collection/

038.jpg

048.jpg

062.jpg

002.jpg