Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Can you name that road sign? Take this quiz and find out

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Safety, Humor

road_sign_2.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, we challenged you to take a shot at a written driving test. The test wasn't designed for rocket scientists, but a few of you justifiably complained about the confusing verbiage in some of the questions, and the fact that some laws vary from state to state. Yeah, some of you flunked.

Moving forward, the folks over at AutoInsurance.org have offered us a new exam -- based simply on road signs. This should be easy. After all, road signs are designed to be comprehended at a glace, day or night, in rain or shine, even if English is your fourth language.

Toss your apprehensions aside. This 19-question quiz won't bewilder or baffle you with a superfluity of words, and the pictographs generally mean the same thing in all municipalities. So no excuses this time... Go ahead, take the quiz.

[source: Autoinsurance.org]

Can you name that road sign? Take this quiz and find out originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 06 Sep 2009 17:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=AG3TxkzZ6MI:KTnhtiKJ_1A:wF9xT autoblog?i=AG3TxkzZ6MI:KTnhtiKJ_1A:V_sGL
AG3TxkzZ6MI

View the full article

This can be tricky for people that do not drive commercial vehicles.

89%, B+

Not bad, as European traffic signs are quite different from those in the US. :)

Perfect score. :P

I don't think I've ever seen one of those Hazmat signs before, though.

Perfect score. :P

I don't think I've ever seen one of those Hazmat signs before, though.

Same here on all accounts...I just made a good guess on that one...

aplus.png

Got them all right. I've never seen the HM sign before, but it was a logical deduction. I've also never seen that road ends sign before. The lane end sign shown is outdated.

I got a 95% myself.

HM signs are used around major cities. They require trucks with such a load to go around the city instead of using the freeways that go into the downtown sector.

Another weird, regionally-biased quiz. I got a 100%, and didn't even have to guess on the Hazardous Materials Route sign, but not all of those signs are in every state's vehicle code. I'm pretty familiar with California's MUTCD, and several of those signs are NOT in the CA code...and one of them I've only seen in CA.

Oh, and I found one error:

winding1.jpg

This means "winding road," not "road curves to the right, then to the left"...that would be this sign: w1-4R_s-1.gif

Edited by Croc

I got 100%, but the hazardous materials one made me think a little bit because I've never seen nor heard of that sign before. I know that wasn't in our driver's ed course.

Also, I can safely say I've never seen the narrow bridge one before, even though we have quite a few narrow bridges around here.

Edited by mustang84

Oh, and I found one error:

winding1.jpg

This means "winding road," not "road curves to the right, then to the left"...that would be this sign: w1-4R_s-1.gif

I only got one wrong, then :gitfunky:

...but "winding road" wasn't an option.

Don't remember the options, but the sign suggested "winding road" to me (or a succession of left and right turns, which amounts to a... "winding road") :P

Edited by ZL-1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0