Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM "Satisfaction Guaranteed" official, commercial reveals future GM product

62 posts in this topic

GM "Satisfaction Guaranteed" official, commercial reveals future GM product

Earlier today we told you that General Motors would be announcing a new initiative that gives customers a 60-day money back guarantee on any Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC vehicle purchased. That program was just officially announced as the "Satisfaction Guarantee" and runs from September 14 through November 30. To kick things off, GM will be airing a commercial called "May the Best Car Win" starring its new Chairman, Ed Whitacre. You can view the commercial after the jump (sorry about the squishiness), but you'll also want to check out the gallery below that contains screen shots lifted from the ad.

The commercial shows Whitacre taking a leisurely stroll through the GM Design Center in Warren, MI. You know, that place you're never EVER to enter with a camera. Flaunting the rules, Whitacre and his camera crew stroll by a number of future vehicles and concepts that are deftly placed around the design center. We see the upcoming Cadillac ATS, what we assume to be a production-intent version of the Cadillac Converj (Caddy's version of the Volt), a small Buick crossover based on the company's Delta platform and the production Chevy Spark, among others.

LINK AND COMMERCIAL:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/10/gm-sati...reveals-future/

Filed under: Car Buying, Marketing/Advertising, GM

gmcommercialconcepts004_opt.jpg
GM "Satisfaction Guaranteed" commercial - Click above to view gallery of screen shots or watch video after the jump

Earlier today we told you that General Motors would be announcing a new initiative that gives customers a 60-day money back guarantee on any Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick or GMC vehicle purchased. That program was just officially announced as the "Satisfaction Guarantee" and runs from September 14 through November 30. To kick things off, GM will be airing a commercial called "May the Best Car Win" starring its new Chairman, Ed Whitacre. You can view the commercial after the jump (sorry about the squishiness), but you'll also want to check out the gallery below that contains screen shots lifted from the ad.

The commercial shows Whitacre taking a leisurely stroll through the GM Design Center in Warren, MI. You know, that place you're never EVER to enter with a camera. Flaunting the rules, Whitacre and his camera crew stroll by a number of future vehicles and concepts that are deftly placed around the design center. We see the upcoming Cadillac ATS, what we assume to be a production-intent version of the Cadillac Converj (Caddy's version of the Volt), a small Buick crossover based on the company's Delta platform and the production Chevy Spark, among others.

After you're done ogling the General's future portfolio, you can also check out official details on the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" program, which covers 2009 and 2010 models as long they're returned between 31 and 60 days after purchase with less than $4,000 miles. And sorry, leases aren't included.

Continue reading GM "Satisfaction Guaranteed" official, commercial reveals future GM product

GM "Satisfaction Guaranteed" official, commercial reveals future GM product originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=ICdfOAZDZHY:piELvF23dpU:wF9xT autoblog?i=ICdfOAZDZHY:piELvF23dpU:V_sGL
ICdfOAZDZHY

View the full article

gmcommercialconcepts002.png

Malibu, where for art thou?

(If what I see to my left is in fact the new 'Bu, the lower fascia looks a lot like a Saturn Aura.)

Edited by whiteknight

There is a lot to be absorbed here. Not only the cars on the floor but the drawing will soon be zoomed in on and posted on the web.

Much of what I see is in a positive direction. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

The TV spot reeks of Lutz's love for the Lee spots for Chysler that stated "if you can find a better car buy it".

Edited by hyperv6

The TV spot reeks of Lutz's love for the Lee spots for Chysler that stated "if you can find a better car buy it".

No problem there, in my opinion. Lee Iacocca's a household name likely due to those commercials, and people still remember them.

I like the commercial, and the tone it has. Let's hope TV viewers agree. I just kind of wish that this commercial, or others involved Lutz, or Fritz because it'd the triumvirate of go-to guys for the new GM. Especially Lutz, because I think he's great in front of the camera.

Edited by Captainbooyah

The whole thing is really well done. When Whitacre speaks, you feel like he means what he says, and that he's not just candy coating his words like GM has done in the past. The few times I've seen Fritz speak on camera, he just sucks and doesn't make good eye contact or sound very confident with his words. Whitacre is a complete 180.

gmcommercialconcepts002.png

Malibu, where for art thou?

(If what I see to my left is in fact the new 'Bu, the lower fascia looks a lot like a Saturn Aura.)

They seem to use this Aura feature on a lot of new cars like the Terrain and G6. Are they recycling the styling features from some of the future Saturns and Pontiacs that will never be built.

They did that once before when the 1990 Fiero GT was recycled into the 4th gen F body styling.

Very well done commercial. Watching it, I saw the Spark & thought "wow, it doesn't look as disproportionate as I remember!" Then I remembered that the video was squished. Yup, still tall & awkward as a 4dr.

I wonder what the gray GMC is in center of the last pic in hyper's post above. A GMC 'HHR'?

I wonder what the gray GMC is in center of the last pic in hyper's post above. A GMC 'HHR'?

It's a concept version of a future sub-Theta GMC model that will compete with the Scion xB and its ilk.

They seem to use this Aura feature on a lot of new cars like the Terrain and G6. Are they recycling the styling features from some of the future Saturns and Pontiacs that will never be built.

They did that once before when the 1990 Fiero GT was recycled into the 4th gen F body styling.

I have to wonder the same thing myself. Take the crossbar off of the Malibu's grille, slap in a chrome crossbar from Saturn, and it would be very hard for me to tell the difference at first glance.

It's a concept version of a future sub-Theta GMC model that will compete with the Scion xB and its ilk.

Ah...basically, a GMC HHR then...(HHR market segment, not HHR platform).

You could call it that, yep.

In a few ways, it reminds me of the Chevy Groove concept. From a direct front-end view, anyway.

I think this may answer why Chevy is dropping the HHR for the Orlando. GMC will pick up this segment for them. There were just too many sales of the HHR to break clean.

We need this TV spot it has given us a lot to work with. We have been down to the point of arguing over such crap of late.

You could call it that, yep.

In a few ways, it reminds me of the Chevy Groove concept. From a direct front-end view, anyway.

From the size Delta II? It is much bigger than the Groove.

From the size Delta II? It is much bigger than the Groove.

No, not in size, but in design details.

Intriguing. It has my interest. I like all the glimpses except for the Spark.

Screencap from where Ed walks in front of a few computer monitors. At first glance, it looks like it might be a Cadillac SRX. Look closer and you'll see it is a sedan. XTS perhaps? Some the side sculpting looks surprisingly VE Zeta-esque. (If the screencap looks like $h!, just watch the video for yourself.)

futurecadillac.jpg

This looks like the Silverado 427 concept from SEMA a few years back. Silverado SS anyone? It even looks like it has an SS badge on its doorskin.

futuresilveradoss.jpg

futuresilveradosscloser.jpg

futurechevysilveradoss.jpg

I wonder what this interior could be from? It reminds me quite a lot of the Audi TT. Also, what could that coupe be in the background? At first I thought it was a Malibu sketch since it seems to fit the "Bangle butt" descriptions of that car.

futureinterior.jpg

futureinteriorcloser.jpg

Complete Malibu front-clip shots:

futuremalibu.jpg

futuremalibucloser.jpg

Some SUV:

futuresuv.jpg

Edited by whiteknight

Is it possible the coupe wall sketch is a Cruze coupe? I hope so... sedan-only small cars are exceedingly dull. Case in point: COROLLA.

Is it possible the coupe wall sketch is a Cruze coupe? I hope so... sedan-only small cars are exceedingly dull. Case in point: COROLLA.

Judging from known information, it could very well be a Malibu coupe.

Also, I don't see anything there that suggests the Cruize, sadly.

I certainly hope we get a new Malibu coupe. Then again, I don't ever remember hearing anything about such a car in any of the product plans, so it might just be a design study only.

ATS beak looks nice!

+1

the scetches of the ATS intirior on the board behind it look nice too.

Screencap from where Ed walks in front of a few computer monitors. At first glance, it looks like it might be a Cadillac SRX. Look closer and you'll see it is a sedan. XTS perhaps? Some the side sculpting looks surprisingly VE Zeta-esque. (If the screencap looks like $h!, just watch the video for yourself.)

futurecadillac.jpg

This looks like the Silverado 427 concept from SEMA a few years back. Silverado SS anyone? It even looks like it has an SS badge on its doorskin.

futuresilveradoss.jpg

futuresilveradosscloser.jpg

futurechevysilveradoss.jpg

I wonder what this interior could be from? It reminds me quite a lot of the Audi TT. Also, what could that coupe be in the background? At first I thought it was a Malibu sketch since it seems to fit the "Bangle butt" descriptions of that car.

futureinterior.jpg

futureinteriorcloser.jpg

Complete Malibu front-clip shots:

futuremalibu.jpg

futuremalibucloser.jpg

Some SUV:

futuresuv.jpg

Some SUV:

I am thinking new smaller Silverado of new small unibody pick up? The Colorado is DOA as it is and they need a new one soon.

I think that is the BU and I would guess it will be of the 4 door coupe design everyone is claiming. It looks like there is a rear door but with coupe styling and a smaller rear window.

Some SUV=Orlando?

Edited by hyperv6

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0