Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Car Pics thread

Jesus sweet mother of Mary that thing is awesome, Siegen!

Love the photography...thought of you at the "Italian Gathering" an Italian car show here in Columbus, Ohio. They ahd an area for non Italian cars, and there was an awesome NSX in red.

The NSX is just pure automotive lustworthy...

Chris

Mustang, that blue Chrysler is fabulous!!!

WOW! I'm just...speechless.

balthazar...LOVE the B-59 in the barn. I love living in the midwest, and fall is my fav. time of year. The B-59 photo has a very mellow, fall like feel to it. You'll probably shoot me for saying this, but I love Japanese watercolor as an art form. That photo is so subtle and so good it reminds me of a good Japanese watercolor.

TED, neat plates!

Chevy Nick...glad to see someone beating the hell out of a vette. I've experienced firsthand what these cars can do, and it's a crying shame more people don't run them hard.

Frogger-Excellent night shot...

En route to Canada, in Washington state, I saw this $29,290 MSRP Pontiac G8 with a sunroof. The color is too flashy, but I love the car.

IMG_2022.jpg

I really like the well-planned interior and the slightly different spin on a Pontiac steering wheel.

IMG_2020.jpg

And, ta-da, here's my car, crossing into its country of birth - Canada, of course

The 2008 LaCrosse CX seen at Kitsilano/Jericho Beach with the North Shore mountains beyond. This picture shows the nice flow of the car that captivated me as a buyer, and as an owner.

IMG_2043.jpg

The Lion's Gate Bridge seen past the hood of my car:

IMG_2084.jpg

Edited by trinacriabob

Bob-nice to see that we have shared passion for silver cars.

Would love to drive through the Pacific Northwest. Shot of the bridge in the background makes me want to go out there even more.

Chris

>>"balthazar...LOVE the B-59 in the barn. I love living in the midwest, and fall is my fav. time of year. The B-59 photo has a very mellow, fall like feel to it. You'll probably shoot me for saying this, but I love Japanese watercolor as an art form. That photo is so subtle and so good it reminds me of a good Japanese watercolor."<<

LOL - it's "so good" because it was shot with a 1964 camera on 35-mm film, then scanned with a $99 scanner. I shot the pic- that's my baby before The Teardown. Glad you liked it, I do too.

>>"balthazar...LOVE the B-59 in the barn. I love living in the midwest, and fall is my fav. time of year. The B-59 photo has a very mellow, fall like feel to it. You'll probably shoot me for saying this, but I love Japanese watercolor as an art form. That photo is so subtle and so good it reminds me of a good Japanese watercolor."<<

LOL - it's "so good" because it was shot with a 1964 camera on 35-mm film, then scanned with a $99 scanner. I shot the pic- that's my baby before The Teardown. Glad you liked it, I do too.

Is that Kodachrome film? It has the color palette of it.

Would love to drive through the Pacific Northwest. Shot of the bridge in the background makes me want to go out there even more.

The Lion's Gate Bridge connects the city of Vancouver on the south (shown the left) from Stanley Park to the North Shore suburbs (shown to the right) of North Vancouver (moolah) and West Vancouver (more moolah). Their downtown skyline is even further to the left, before you even enter Stanley Park, so it was completely out of sight at this point.

In a weird kind of way, the PNW is home because my parents relocated there 20 years ago from Los Angeles. Yet, I still feel like a "visitor." I don't know if that's good or bad.

Back to cars...bring on the pictures...

Still one of my favorites, owned by a friend who moved from VA Beach to Chicago (and was also the one who bought my Fleetwood for a new DD)...if anything, it's allowed him to get some of his best shots ever, full of skyline.

IMG_9526.jpg

IMG_9519.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

I think 'blu was saying something about GM being the most creative car company ever. I would agree, and I love this shot of this car...

...can see why Oldsmoboi loves these things so much!

Chris

1969ChevroletCamaro.jpg

Why is it cars of this era always look so damned good in Silver?

Used to be a firebird of the same era in Silver running around Columbus here.

Chris

1969suncocamaro.jpg

I've seen these raced at Vintage races. Used to be an SCCA corner worker...thesecars are very impressive at 130 MPH when you are 15 feet from the track...

Chris

1969CamaroSSyellowrsvpKRM.jpg

Be done post slutting in a minute, but I love the C pillar, spanked down roofline, and tail light treatment on these cars.

Neat old mopar next to this one also.

DSC00208.jpg

Has there ever been a car that can pull off so many "looks" from any other carmaker??? Ever?

Again, a racecar look from a totally different theme, and it still works.

Chris

Dude should have little lights behind his bugshield, so the bulldog glows devilish red at night out there on the lonely highway. That would surely make Peterbilts get over and let him pass. :ph34r:

From what I heard Macks don't have enough &#036;h&#33; to pass ANYTHING so therefore the Peterbilt would have to LET him pass! :neenerneener:

Hehe, Daryl, you scamp you. You know Mack is the Mack Daddy, why are you frontin', homie? :AH-HA_wink:

And 66... I see some NON-FUNCTIONAL hood trim on some of those Cumurras. I demand they be sent back to the drawing board IMMEDIATELY and be made functional, or I am going to stick out my bottom lip and REFUSE to eat my vegetables!:smilewide:

Don't worry, 'blu. I've already arranged for those Camaro's to be crushed because they contain too much black plastic in the interior.

Chris