Car Pics thread

Since this is a "car pix" thread, I'll stick to that.

I fancy myself as an amateur photographer (and so is my GF) so I've probably taken hundreds, maybe even thousands of photos over the years. MOST of those are car photos and other cool industrial or old stuff. Here are a few of the better/unique car photos that I have access to at the moment. Most of my car photos are basically 'documentation' photos and as a result are NOT my best work.

Here goes: (I think it's 22 pictures, so NOT FRIENDLY FOR SLOW CONNECTIONS)

100_5793.jpg

One of the sweetest 69's I've ever encountered. Houndstooth interior and the whole package. He used to cruise with us up in Asheville but I haven't seen him in a few years.

100_5907.jpg

This runs around NC and TN (I've seen it numerous times) The interior is completely custom. I've always wanted to restore an old bus or fire engine.

100_5950.jpg

One of the first Super Birds I've seen on the road in a very long time. This was taken a few years ago in TN. Since then, I actually seem to be seeing more and more of them.

100_6075.jpg

This is the "Yankees, Yuppies and Toyota Drivers" billboard that appeared on the side of I-85 a year or so ago. I always promised pictures but never delivered. My apologies.

DSCN0268.jpg

A very sweet Z06 that was at Auto Fair a couple of years ago.

DSCN2922.jpg

A pretty good shot of a Mustang that the GF took circa 2007.

DSCN3499.jpg

A cool old VW bus from a show at the WNC Ag Center last year.

DSCN3645.jpg

IMO, this is one of the best looking cars (Let alone Buicks) in Charlotte. It cruises around here quite a bit. This was the first shot I managed to get of it (The car was quite elusive to me at first) I've since managed to get a MUCH BETTER shot that I can't access right now.

DSCN4631.jpg

Cool old Shelby. Not sure if it's a kit or not. Shelby isn't my thing, so I'm not good at identification.

DSCN5633.jpg

Exactly how I would take my ZR1. This was the first ZR1 I had ever seen in the flesh.

DSCN5575.jpg

A very cool old Mack tow truck that still operates and occasionally scoots through the neighborhood here. I would like to get a better shot, but thus far have been too shy to ask the owner if I can come inside the fence.

Continued in next post

DSCN5109.jpg

This is what I hope to have someday soon. This was taken in Elizabethton TN, one of the coolest places I've ever been.

DSCN5024.jpg

Downtown Charlotte has a lot of VERY COOL old industrial stuff. I take a lot of pictures, and sometimes a lot of chances given the area. This stack is actually attached to the entire old dealership building (that can't be seen in the pic) but I got a better angle from a distance.

DSCN6357.jpg

Something else the GF and I aspire to own; A classic Airstream. This one actually belongs to a wax company and can be found at numerous shows around here. This was at the WNC Ag Center show earlier this year. I also found it at Auto Fair last weekend along with a company (which had a cooler classic Airsteam) that guts and restores to your specifications.

DSCN6349.jpg

This was at the Ag Center show as well. I was obsessed and probably would've owned it if I had an extra 24K laying around. Thank you to Balthazar for my love of old Buicks (even though this one is a 60, not a B59 as he prefers)

DSCN6260.jpg

I took this shot of my Focus when I went out one Sunday afternoon to goof off with the camera. I thought it had a pretty cool effects. The background is a historic textile mill.

DSCN5829.jpg

One of the ONLY car related pictures a took at the NC Transportation Museum before my camera died. I loved the building almost as much as what was in it.

DSCN5652.jpg

Remember when Ford put these on its concepts? This is on the Interceptor.

IMG_0148.jpg

One of the nicest Impalas I've ever seen. Spring 2009 Auto Fair.

IMG_0266.jpg

Got a gander at these when I went Camaro hunting. One was sold to a certain NASCAR star sight unseen.

IMG_0267.jpg

Never liked the blue in the PR shots, but in person and under the right lights it's very dynamic and beautiful.

IMG_0268.jpg

Still one of the best looking new Camaros I've seen. And it's the ONLY silver one I've seen.

J/K on the end post whoring, because I found a few more.

267140966_902208982_0-3-1.jpg

On the front of a Rat Rod here around Charlotte. I LOVED it!

DSCN0051.jpg

Random old wagon from an Ag Center show a few years ago.

daleflip.jpg

The car Dale flipped at Talledega and then FINISHED the rest of the race in.

n36614241_37107023_5380473.jpg

Local black on black M6 G8 GXP

5895_638907836777_36614241_37276052.jpg

Liberty Belle coming into Charlotte a few weeks ago.

Ok, I'm done for real now. (for a while :D)

Good to see the belle flying!

Nice cars...LOVE the Boss 302, I almost bought a Mach 1 that year and color when I bought my 55 Chevrolet.

Love the Buick also...actually both of them but esp. the 1960!

Chris

The B-60 is what a B-59 buddy calls a 'worn bar of soap'. It's the same from the beltline up, tho. :wink:

I like the B-60 (funkier interior), but it's distant 2nd to a B-59, which is far more elemental.

The Shelby Daytona had better be a kit/repro; SA only built 6 originally and they're solidly over $1M ea. Looks repro from here.

Nice pics, FOG.

100_5950.jpg

One of the first Super Birds I've seen on the road in a very long time. This was taken a few years ago in TN. Since then, I actually seem to be seeing more and more of them.

hehe i have played putt putt there numerous times across the street. my parents will be up there this weekend and until next thursday.

IMG_0148.jpg

One of the nicest Impalas I've ever seen. Spring 2009 Auto Fair.

i have a few pics of that very car... also pics of that crazy bass boat silver and read buick wildcat that would be to your right from this perspective.

P1020724.jpg

i was there taking pictures of the car at 11:50AM 4/4/09 (its on the picture data, i dont remember that hehe) judging from the shadows in my pic and your pic i would say you were there aroun 1-2 in the afternoon...

hehe i have played putt putt there numerous times across the street. my parents will be up there this weekend and until next thursday.

I love the Grand Run... I'm not going this year though because my jobless ass doesn't have the money. FWIW that pic of my cars was taken in Cades Cove.

I've always wanted to go for all three weeks. It usually hits where "shades of the past" is the first weekend (last weekend) then comes rod run (this weekend) andnext weekend would be (is) Auto Fest in Sevierville. Last time I went and stayed all weekend hotel prices were through the roof.

i have a few pics of that very car... also pics of that crazy bass boat silver and read buick wildcat that would be to your right from this perspective.

yep. I usually hit it around lunch because I bar hop until 3 or 4 the morning before. (the GF works in a bar and doesn't get off until then, so I figure I miight as well stay up)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM