Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Family Style: 2010 Ford Grand C-Max hits web ahead of Frankfurt rollout

18 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Minivan/Van, Wagon, Europe, Hatchback, Ford

fordgrandcmax---00.jpg
2010 Ford Grand C-Max - Click above for high-res image gallery

Last week, we gave you a sneak peek at Ford of Europe's new 2011 C-Max people mover. That Iosis Max-inspired "compact multi-activity vehicle" will officially debut in a few days at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Based on the company's new global C-platform architecture that will underpin the next Ford Focus, the 2011 Ford C-Max will be powered by a new 1.6-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder. Beyond that we don't know much else about this Honda Fit-challenging tall hatch. What we do know is that it will be joined at the Messe by a bigger brother.

This morning, word (and official images) leaked out about the seven-seat, sliding door, extended version seen here - the 2010 Ford Grand C-Max. Looking a lot like its little sibling, the Grand C-Max is based on the same platform, with an extended wheelbase to house its three rows of seats. The greenhouse also gets tweaked in the taffy-pulling exercise, as does the roof. The biggest change is the use of the sliding rear doors, which make this Grand C-Max more like the Mazda5. We'll have further information as it's released and plenty of live pictures from Frankfurt when it is officially unveiled. Until then, check out the gallery below.

[source: Ford via WorldCarFans]

Family Style: 2010 Ford Grand C-Max hits web ahead of Frankfurt rollout originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=lyC5SbyMiC4:UurVOHYETVA:wF9xT autoblog?i=lyC5SbyMiC4:UurVOHYETVA:V_sGL
lyC5SbyMiC4

View the full article

This should be a good indicator for the next Ford Focus. The current C-Max was released a year before the current international Focus.

they had me until i saw the sliders.

rear quarter window is ugly too.

they should add 6 inches of length aft of the rear wheel/cargo.

otherwise, impressive. would be a nice get about.

This should be a good indicator for the next Ford Focus. The current C-Max was released a year before the current international Focus.

This is the 1st element of the new Focus family.

Looks like they are continuing with the 'angry fish' face motif from the Fiesta. I wonder why they are calling it 'Grand C-Max'...is the current C-Max continuing for a while? This reminds me of Fiat with the Punto and Grande Punto..

The interior theme is nice.

Will make a good Orlando competitor or vice a versa.

What an interesting base for a new Mercury.

+ 1

& since they have two sizes developed, it won't surprise me to see more vehicles on both versions :)

...I wonder why they are calling it 'Grand C-Max'...is the current C-Max continuing for a while? This reminds me of Fiat with the Punto and Grande Punto..

they MIGHT just use that name in Europe since other MPV's do

think I'd like them named for the number of rows of seating...

C2Max and C3Max

Edited by 2b2

they had me until i saw the sliders.

That's a big selling point for many people. Ford doesn't have anything with sliding rear doors right now.

Looks like they are continuing with the 'angry fish' face motif from the Fiesta. I wonder why they are calling it 'Grand C-Max'...is the current C-Max continuing for a while? This reminds me of Fiat with the Punto and Grande Punto..

C-Max = 5 seats

Grand C-Max = 7 seats, longer wheelbase

C-Max = 5 seats

Grand C-Max = 7 seats, longer wheelbase

Ah....then there is the S-Max..

This would make a nice Villager, yup.

Ah....then there is the S-Max..

Which, together with the Galaxy, is based on the Mondeo platform.

That's a big selling point for many people. Ford doesn't have anything with sliding rear doors right now.

then make a real minivan.

then make a real minivan.

The Galaxy is the size of the old Sienna and SWB Caravan. Both the second and third rows can slide back and forth. All it needs are sliders.

SWB caravan was not big enough, hence grand caravan which outsold the swb one by like 9-1.

SWB caravan was not big enough, hence grand caravan which outsold the swb one by like 9-1.

Yeah, but the Galaxy is more space efficient on the inside. It's also lighter... it weighs about 3800 lbs, like an Equinox, which means it could theoretically get 32+ mpg, more than any other 7-pass vehicle.

The Galaxy is based on the Mondeo and S80, and it's not coming to the US. But according to a BW Twitter update, apparently the Focus-based Grand C-Max is coming. IMO it should be a Grand Grand C-Max, with an extra foot behind the rear wheels. The Mazda 5 is simply too small.

Edited by pow

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room