Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

New Volvo S80

From TCC:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gal...RDICVABWXBN.jpg

Here's the first shot of the new Volvo S80, completely undisguised as it underwent testing in South Africa. The S80 is due for its first public showing at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2006. Borne by a stretched version of Ford's C1 platform, the S80 will offer a choice of front- or all-wheel drive. A range of diesel and gas engines are expected, including a 163-hp four-cylinder, a 209-hp five-cylinder, a 272-hp six-cylinder and a 299-hp V-8 version. The new Volvo will also get a new safety system called Co-Driver, which includes radar sensors and audible collision warnings linked to the Brake Assist. If a collision is imminent, it will apply extra braking pressure, tighten the seatbelts for optimum restraint, and prepare the airbags for deployment. -Hans G. Lehmann/ Hidden Image

Whoah, the front looks like a cross between the S40 and 9-2X. The front over hang is also quite long.

That front overhang is too long and it still doesn't scream high-end luxury car to me. It doesn't look like one and doesn't sound like one, either, with a 163HP 4-banger.

That front overhang is too long and it still doesn't scream high-end luxury car to me.  It doesn't look like one and doesn't sound like one, either, with a 163HP 4-banger.

Don't worry...the four-cylinder is for Europe only.

The slope of the rear window/C-pillar looks awkward and doesn't match with the rest of the car. Like the rest of the new Volvos, I like how cleanly and crisply the sheetmetal is formed, but this time, something about it makes it look flabby, particularly in the middle. After the C70, this is rather disappointing... hopefully the interior is incredible.

I like what I see so far. Nice! The S80 has a permanent place my shopping list. I'm sure I'll test drive it when deciding on the Lucerne at trade-in time.

Don't worry...the four-cylinder is for Europe only.

[post="62024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh ok. I should have realized that. :blink:

dated proportions. dated styling. the revised 9-5 looks fresh by comparo. stick that yamaha v8 in my 500 please. not just the s80.

That car looks really bad for a new luxury vehicle. The front is reminiscent of the old Century front end from the side profile and the rear is a combo of the S40 and a Mitsubishi. Overall this is quite disappointing. The should have just increased the S60, which looks quite nice even if it is too small. Thats what the S80 should look like.