Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Pontiac Banshee

16 posts in this topic

This is another entry for GMI's contest. It's a RWD, turbo-charged V-8 powered coupe. Whether you guys will like the front or not... I'm not sure. But some will notice some cues reminiscent of the original Banshee. So... what do you all think? :D

Posted Image

That, Blackviper, is a sick SWEET looking Pontiac. It is high time the full-width split grille motif comes back in a big way at Pontiac. Nice work.

That is sweet.. though, I know you are trying to restore pontiac's split grill it reminds me more of what oldsmobile probly would have done... I think this could work out very well as a Cutlass (442)

Well... Olds is dead. Sorry to be so harsh, but it's reality... Thanks anyways. :D ;) And Ocnblu... it's a good thing you like it. I was going to have to go down to Lancaster if you didn't... :P Edited by blackviper8891

I actually really like the front, I wasn't sure at first, but I've decided I really like it . . . Did you submit many over the old forums? I'm not recognizing your style yet you seem too good not to have?

Oh yes... I used to alot way before you joined. Around the spring and summer of 2004 was the peak. I slacked off after that and posted them every once in a while. I think I've posted some while you were a member... You must have missed them.

yeah i wasnt really concerned with who did em back then, before i registered, and for the most part at the old site i just looked at chops great work though amazing

And what would you do if you came down here? I'd sic my 15 year old, blind Jack Russell on your ass. That'll learn ya! :P

I would have... um... let me see... uh, Asked you nicely what exactly you would want to see in a drawing from me? Yeah.. that's it! :lol: :D :P ;)

I don;t know why you hate Retor so much when you're damn good at pulling off mild retro yourself. This looks great!

I like to call it modern with cues from the past. Not mild retro. I hate retro. :D

Okay... So I like to exaggerate my hate for retro. I dislike it, but it can look good to me (Mini, HHR). I more or less hate the copiness factor of it over all else. That and most retro vehicles are ugly as hell. Pointy and upright... Ugh. Rounded... Oooh. :P

Can we say NEXT FIREBIRD? Or maybe Phoenix fastback?

:o FINALLY a Banshee design like the one that's been rattling around my head!! The split grill is an awesome design trait! It needs a nice spoiler, and I'd change the front air dam - but it's a sharp, sharp car!!

I like to call it modern with cues from the past. Not mild retro. I hate retro. :D

Okay... So I like to exaggerate my hate for retro. I dislike it, but it can look good to me (Mini, HHR). I more or less hate the copiness factor of it over all else. That and most retro vehicles are ugly as hell. Pointy and upright... Ugh. Rounded... Oooh. :P

[post="5852"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Would you rather have a 90% carbon copy of THESE?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

or an evolution of THESE?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Retro is the way to go my friend. ;)

Uh... Neither. I don't want a clone and I don't want an evolution of a bland/ugly design. I mean, come on, I don't even want a 90% carbon copy of the Fiero. So, why would I want one of cars that I love less? And no, I still say retro is not the way to go. I still dislike it.

You're a tough nut to crack, BV.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0