Name one GM car you will regret never owning when you are on your deathbed...

When your about to die, what will you regret never owning?

For me right now,. two GM cars come to mind-

58-62 Solid axle Corvette (never be able to afford one, although I'd love to own one)

63-65 Buick Riviera (still think this is the coolest looking Buick of the 1960's.)

What will you regret never getting to own...?

Chris

A very short list:

My 1992 Buick Regal 3800 coupe.

It was a present to myself for finishing grad school, it was my first "real" new car (that wasn't handed down), it was equipped exactly the way I wanted, and it just turned over 260,000 miles this weekend.

No regrets!

A very short list:

My 1992 Buick Regal 3800 coupe.

It was a present to myself for finishing grad school, it was my first "real" new car (that wasn't handed down), it was equipped exactly the way I wanted, and it just turned over 260,000 miles this weekend.

No regrets!

You misread the question, and I misread it the same way the first time.

Pretty sure you read it as "name one GM car you will never regret owning" (I did)

Actual question "name one GM car you will regret never owning"

You misread the question, and I misread it the same way the first time.

Pretty sure you read it as "name one GM car you will never regret owning" (I did)

Actual question "name one GM car you will regret never owning"

Even easier!

The 1998 Intrigue with a 3800 V6 in the medium/dark metallic blue that I never bought brand new from the dealership!

Ok, sorry, light bulb just went on...

1963 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight LS

1964 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Custom Sports Coupe( with Bucket seats)

1966 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight LS

1975 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency

1982-1984 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Brougham

1991-1993 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Touring Sedan

1963-1966 Oldsmobile Starfire

1973-1976 Oldsmobile Toronado

1984-1985 Oldsmobile Toronado with the digital cluster

1984-1985 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty Eight Royale Brougham LS

1984-1985 Oldsmobile Delta Eight Eight Royale Brougham coupe

1995-1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight LSS ( with bucket seats)

1984-1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser (loaded)

1975 Pontiac Grand Ville Brougham

1976 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham

1980-1981 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham

1984-1986 Pontiac Bonneville LE

1976-1977 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ or SJ ( with Bucket seats)

1984-1987 Pontiac Grand Prix LE and Brougham

1985-1986 Pontiac Parisienne Brougham

1963-1965 Buick Riviera

1984-1985 Buick Riviera

1989 Buick Riviera

1989-1993 Cadillac Fleetwood and Sixty Special

1989-1993 Cadillac Coupe Deville and Fleetwood coupe

1992-1993 Cadillac Seville ( column shift and digital cluster)( non Northstar)

1992-1993 Cadillac Eldorado ( column shift and digital cluster) ( non Northstar)

1990's Holden Caprice and Statesman

2000-2009 Holden Caprice and Statesman

2009 Holden Calais

1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Brougham LS

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1963 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight LS

1966 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight LS

1975 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency

1982-1984 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency Brougham

1991-1993 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Touring Sedan

1973-1976 Oldsmobile Toronado

1984-1985 Oldsmobile Toronado with the digital cluster

1984-1985 Oldsmobile Delta Eighty Eight Royale Brougham LS

1985 Oldsmobile Delta Eight Eight Royale Brougham coupe

1995-1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight LSS ( with bucket seats)

1984-1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser (loaded)

1975 Pontiac Grand Ville Brougham

1976 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham

What's wrong with this picture!

We don't intersect on ANY Oldsmobile.

But see what I bolded...

This is a really tough question.

On one hand, for most GM cars, if I want one, I just go track one down. On the other, for the rare GM stuff... like '69 Trans Ams, I'm not sure I would be able to enjoy them without fearing that something would happen to destroy their value. Also, in this era of easy 400+ hp engines, I'm not sure that a '69 Trans Am experience is that much more visceral than a '69 Firebird with a LS3/T56 combo.

That said, if I was going to try to find a middle ground, I would have to say a '71 Boattail Riviera with a 455. Its a badass design that I have liked ever since seeing one for the first time, and I have have purposely NOT bought one until I can find a worthwhile example.

Other fairly high on the list...

1967, 1969 and 1970 GTO

1968 Olds 442

1966 Olds Toronado (In black... "High Toned Son Of A Bitch")

C3 Corvette

1959 Coupe DeVille Convertible

Edited by SAmadei

>>"1959 Coupe DeVille Convertible"<<

C'mon, Mr Caddy... you should know it would be a '1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible'... not to mention even in the later years, you cannot combine 'Coupe' with 'convertible'. :soapbox:;)

Definite proof my Caddy skills are lacking... Actually, I first was just going to leave it as a Coupe DeVille... but then thought a convertible would be better, even if they are pretty rare (IE, too valuable to enjoy)... then forgot to fix the Coupe part...

Caddies are just too low in numbers to have ever gotten my scrutiny beyond major year to year changes... I'm a BOP guy!

Well & good enough... I've just read a goodly amount of Cadillac-centric posting on your part here (& there ;) ).

Why not go whole hog and shoot for a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz convertible.

-- -- -- -- --

For myself, I would regret not owning ANY '50s GM concept car.

Supposedly, 2 are rumored to survive, hidden away, IN MY STATE. Do you know how my head swivels driving around on weekends (when most garage doors happen to be open) ??

GM has the richest design history of any manufacturer in the world BAR NONE, so I'm afraid this thread would eclipse "word association" if we really do some research before answering. I'm like "duh" I have no idear what to pick because I'd be revisiting my choices for days.

GM has the richest design history of any manufacturer in the world BAR NONE, so I'm afraid this thread would eclipse "word association" if we really do some research before answering. I'm like "duh" I have no idear what to pick because I'd be revisiting my choices for days.

Tell me about it!

Added to my list:

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

1984-1988 Cutlass Supreme Brougham

1980-1981 Pontiac Trans Am

Probably the only GM car I REALLY want that I won't have owned when I die is a sixteen cylinder Cadillac. A friend of my father's sold his 1938 V16 a few years ago, and I regret never getting a ride in it, which would have been a good consolation prize. Depending on prices, a 1957-1958 Eldorado Brougham might be out of the question at some point too if I wait a long time to look for one. But other than that, everything else I'm interested in is well within reach.

This is my thinking and also my hope in starting the thread. We seem to be a little down on the general lately as a forum, and I think we forget how much he has given us over the years.

1950's Caddy ragtop...yes. There is a restored one now in the showroom of the Caddy dealer near my parents home in Hendersonville, NC. Sweet car!

Saw another '59 Caddy on the road the other day, another ragotp that had been painted pink.

Chris

1990-92 Toronado

1995-99 Aurora

1993 Sixty Special

1994-96 Fleetwood

1997-05 Park Avenue

1961-68 Cadillac (All Models)

1953-56 Cadillac (All Models)

It appears we agree on a few there. I own one of the ones you listed. I did not list what I own because they are the ultimate and what I really wanted. I did not list the 1993-1996 Fleetwood, but I like those too.

1990-92 Toronado

Yes! Beautiful. In "Medium Driftwood Metallic" with alloy wheels.

The Riviera "twin" of the same vintage, and in the same color, is also beautiful.

Did both of these have all-digital dashes, or did either have them have analog?

Yes! Beautiful. In "Medium Driftwood Metallic" with alloy wheels.

The Riviera "twin" of the same vintage, and in the same color, is also beautiful.

Did both of these have all-digital dashes, or did either have them have analog?

The Riviera was digital. Bucket seats were standard. There was no bench.

The Toronado ( I own one) came with analog gauges and bucket seats standard. You had to get option group ISB to get the digital cluster with bench seat and a host of other options. The bench seat gave you digital gauges.

I went with the Toronado because it is an Olds and I needed to compliment my Ninety Eight.

I liked the Riviera too, but it was shorter. They both are on the same wheelbase and shared a lot of mechanical parts. You have no idea how many.

The Toronado offered more features and a longer length and slightly larger trunk and it looks sporty.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The Toronado ( I own one) came with analog gauges and bucket seats standard. You had to get option group ISB to get the digital cluster with bench seat and a host of other options. The bench seat gave you digital gauges.

Then bucketed Toro with trestle automatic shifter and analog gauges would have been my choice of the Riv/Toro combination.

I saw one going in the other direction on U.S. 101 at the Oregon Coast on a coffee-weather overcast day. It was the driftwood metallic color and in perfect condition. It's like it was yesterday. What a beautiful car!

Edited by trinacriabob

I went with the Toronado because it is an Olds and I needed to compliment my Ninety Eight.

I liked the Riviera too, but it was shorter. They both are on the same wheelbase and shared a lot of mechanical parts. You have no idea how many.

The Toronado offered more features and a longer length and slightly larger trunk and it looks sporty.

Yeah I like the Trofieo's like yours I saw them @ Mid Ohio racing in GTP class shooting flames ducking into the chicanes. I loved it an Old's being campaigned.

Then bucketed Toro with trestle automatic shifter and analog gauges would have been my choice of the Riv/Toro combination.

I saw one going in the other direction on U.S. 101 at the Oregon Coast on a coffee-weather overcast day. It was the driftwood metallic color and in perfect condition. It's like it was yesterday. What a beautiful car!

Yeah I like the Trofieo's like yours I saw them @ Mid Ohio racing in GTP class shooting flames ducking into the chicanes. I loved it an Old's being campaigned.

Gentlemen... your car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzt3DW_ff-E...feature=related

Wasn't Bill Mitchell's first overall design for GM the 1938 Cadillac Sixty Special, a classic in its own right? IIRC, Harley Earl was charged with initiating the Art & Colour department in the late 20's? I'll have to have someone confirm or deny, it's been a while since I read up on history.

Oh boy, the list could be long ('91 Syclone, '93 Typhoon, '90 454SS, '97 Yukon 2-door, '91 Reatta Coupe, '05 Bonneville GXP, etc, etc, etc)... BUT, the one vehicle I will regret never owning brand new is a GMC Sierra Regular Cab Sportside Bed 4WD/Z71. I've always loved the sportside (stepside) bed on a regular cab pickup, and fell in love with a brand-new (back then!) 1990 Sierra SLE Z71 at my local GMC dealership when I was a teenager. Every year after that the regular cab sportside bed equipped truck was always the one I wanted most. When the all-new-for-1999 Sierra debuted I instantly fell even deeper in love with the regular cab sportside bed design. Family hauling duty requirements ruled out this truck for me in the early 2000's, though I came close a couple of times. In 2004 or 2005 I watched as GM removed this slow-selling feature from the option list and regret never having the balls to get one when I could. I'd consider a well-kept used one, if I could find one for sale, but it would never take the place of factory-ordering and taking delivery of your own brand new ride.

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special w/chrome wheels... One sweet car, keep in mind my dad had two 89-93 Deville's. (I had his '92 for a few years and LOVED it!)

2002 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition T-Tops

1987 Buick GNX

3rd Generaion Pontiac Trans Am GTA

1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Y84/SE 400ci. V8

Edited by gm4life

Correction on the Toro/Riv color...the name of the color was actually Light Driftwood Metallic and can be "googled" for its image...I thought it was the best color for the '92 notchback-styled Toros and Rivs

Sure, I'll add another car. I had an '84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham coupe with the 3.8L 2 bbl. V-6 Buick-produced engine. But it was essentially given to me.

I would have much rather had an '82 Cutlass Supreme Brougham coupe with the 260 c.i. 2 bbl. Rocket V-8 Olds engine....throw in the color "Light Jadestone Metallic," which was a seafoam green, and the same color for the interior...and the alloy wheels which were NOT color-keyed that looked way better than the color-keyed rallys which were both offered that year.

Edited by trinacriabob