Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Officially Official: Lamborghini reveals Reventon Roadster

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Convertible, Performance, Lamborghini

864_2_1248_0_027_reventon_roadster_3-4_f
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster - Click above for high-res image gallery

Lamborghini has just released official imagery and details of its next masterpiece, the Reventon Roadster, ahead of its oficial debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Like its hardtop predecessor, the Roadster features stealth fighter styling seemingly intended to scatter the radar beams of the local constabulary as you peal off your toupee. The 661-horsepower 6.5-liter V12 is also carried over from the coupe, which is enough to make the 62 mph sprint in a blistering 3.4 seconds. The 487 lb-ft of torque is transmitted to all four wheels via a viscous coupling as needed. Unfortunately, it has to pass through the e-gear semi-automatic 6-speed first - meaning sedate cruising around town unlikely to be a smooth affair.

The Reventon Roadster will again have a very limited production run befitting its €1.1 million price tag. Interestingly Lamborghini states that "less than 20" Roadsters will be built but leaves the final number open ended. Aside from the newfound abundance fresh air, the styling of the rear deck with its integrated wing carrying the third brake light is the only other visual difference of note. Click past the break for the press release and check out our high-res gallery below.

[source: Lamborghini]

Continue reading Officially Official: Lamborghini reveals Reventon Roadster

Officially Official: Lamborghini reveals Reventon Roadster originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:40:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=QYtwYq7NQdc:cDNcuZhC6dc:wF9xT autoblog?i=QYtwYq7NQdc:cDNcuZhC6dc:V_sGL
QYtwYq7NQdc

View the full article

The ultimate transformers car?

I don't like it, too many angles.

I will go the other way on this one...I love it. Stealth Fighter (with matching price tag) for the street. Sadly, this automotive sculpture will be bought by uber rich people and rarely if ever driven.

Sex on wheels.

Holy $h!... it's a F117 on wheels.... :drool:

An origami Countach?

Seriously, though, I like it, and I can see the stealth fighter comparisons.

I don't mind the elements, but it needs moderate toning down, and lose the cheesy 'arrow' taillights- they smack of construction arrows to a degree. But the 'stealth fighter' language is pretty cool & unique.

Agreed. I prefer the LP560... simpler design, smaller, and prettier.

medium_2309990874_764a065052_o.jpg

Edited by pow

Lamborghini's calling card is being over the top, it's what sets them apart from say, Ferrari. This thing is over the top. I love it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0