Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Frankfurt 2009: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost is an apparition to move you

3 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Sedan, Rolls-Royce, Luxury

2010-rolls-royce-ghost-frankfurt_630.jpg
2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost - Click above for high-res image gallery

Perhaps with conspicuous consumption falling out of favor, you're looking to downsize from your Phantom. Perhaps you're Kanye West and you feel the need to lower your public profile, but you don't want to give up your Roller's famously coddling ride. Well, B-list celebrities and hangers-on, Rolls-Royce has your number, and it's called the Ghost.

Looking quite a bit like Geneva's 200EX showcar, the Ghost made its public debut here in Frankfurt, and while we may kid prospective owners that the Ghost is not the Brit brand's top-shelf offering, there's no shame in this car's game. After all, it's hard to consider anything of this scale a "baby," particularly when it's packing a 6.6-liter V12 putting down 563 brake horsepower. What's more, it doesn't actually look that small, even when placed in a row shoulder-to-shoulder with its big brother.

As with the Phantom, rectilinear styling, an impossibly high beltline, and suicide doors are the stylistic meme of this Ghost, although this sedan manages to look somewhat lighter and modestly more athletic than its senior stablemates. Suffice it to say that if you've got a spot for the Phantom in your dream car garage, the Ghost ought not be far behind. If you loath the Phantom's imposing scale and bank vault styling, you're probably unlikely to warm to this latest family member - at least until you are ensconced inside its leather-lined, air-suspended confines.

Even if you don't have a prayer of parking one of these by your yacht slip or in the courtyard of your summer home, it's okay to check out the high-res gallery and the official press release after the jump. It'll be our little secret.

[source: Rolls-Royce]

Continue reading Frankfurt 2009: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost is an apparition to move you

Frankfurt 2009: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost is an apparition to move you originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=s_BRUj1YZ2I:y8RqhdvnqlI:wF9xT autoblog?i=s_BRUj1YZ2I:y8RqhdvnqlI:V_sGL
s_BRUj1YZ2I

View the full article

I like the Bentley Mulsanne interior a lot more, but I think I like the exterior of the Roller more than the Bentley. The Bugatti 16C has the best exterior of the 3 I think. Why can't the Americans build cars like these?

What; with inconsistant panel gaps and excruciatingly cheap back ends ?? I think we can.

Seriously, the rear has all the panache of a generic representation of a sedan.

Looks every bit of the $22.5K price point it was designed toward.

That '70s 2-tone looks like a poorly-fitting snap-on cell phone cover. Blorf.

I refuse to be impressed merely because I'm supposed to be. BMW has to EARN it, and from the pics, this is a miserable failure.

Edited by balthazar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0