Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Ford C-Max debuts, Grand C-Max bound for American shores

2 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Minivan/Van, Ford

fra09fordgrandcmax_1.jpg_opt.jpg
2010 Ford C-Max - Click above for high-res image gallery

fra09fordcmax_1.jpg_opt.jpgAmong the many cars available here in Europe that we pine for Stateside, you may be surprised that Ford minivans rank among them. We got a ride in the Galaxy-based S-Max on our way back from driving the new Fiesta in Tuscany and were thoroughly impressed, and from what we hear its Focus-based kid brother C-Max isn't half bad either. But today Ford unveiled a new C-Max, and we need pine no more, for the compact MPV is headed our way. At least, the seven-seat Grand C-Max version is, anyway.

Echoing Chrysler's minivans, the new C-Max is available in two formats: standard wheelbase and long-wheelbase Grand C-Max. The five-seater (green at right) has a sportier appearance with conventional rear doors, while the seven-seater (above in silver) gets sliding doors and a plane ticket across the Atlantic. Both are based on Ford's new global C-segment platform that will underpin the next-generation Focus and offer clever packaging with a compelling adaptation of the Blue Oval's kinetic design language. See for yourself in the high-res gallery of live shots below.

Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Ford C-Max debuts, Grand C-Max bound for American shores originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=bOMA1chcz9g:7vouVpGn0e8:wF9xT autoblog?i=bOMA1chcz9g:7vouVpGn0e8:V_sGL
bOMA1chcz9g

View the full article

I still think both versions should be offered in the U.S. The Grand C-Max should be placed in the Ford brand's lineup because it offers the maximum amount of space for the size and money (which strikes at the heart of the mainstream segment). The C-Max should be placed in Mercury's lineup because it's a more stylish and niche type of vehicle (which represents how Mercury should be positioned). Overall, both products are very nice looking and would be great new additions to Ford's U.S. operations. Based on the new Fiesta line and these 2 new C-platform products, it will be very interesting to see how the next gen Focus will turn out. I personally can't wait to see it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0