What irks you in a co-worker?

trinacriabob

So far the only person I don't care for is one of the guys who was hired when I was. He's probably in his 40's or so. he's one of those people who will take any chance to insert what he thinks is a funny and witty comment when it's stupid and annoying.

Luckily we're busy so he doesn't get much opportunity and while I've got my headphones on I don't have to listen to it.

Besides that though, I quite like the people I work with.

Does anybody else get tired of the constant "buy $h! for my kid's school project" or donate to the school for a fun run or some other extra activity that the parents should be looking into financing?

Well, I guess I should say that if they want to pettle stuff, try to not make it so crappy like Christmas wreaths and crappy cookie dough or wrapping paper.

Back in HS my FFA used to sell fruit. I always thought that was a lot better than the typical cheesy $h! that most organizations sell. A lot of that stuff is horrible.

Or the supervisors who cant keep calm and just deal with the situation instead of throwing a fit like a 2 year old when things don't go right.

that really irks me. I'm not sure why people can't be decent to their employees. I think the reality TV shows with dramatic bosses might be contributing to it some. I've always been of the mindset that employees should be like family. They should WANT to come to work.

That's what cost me my last $h!ty part time job. You guys know that I'm 1) a straight shooter and 2) can be a ruthless asshole. And that was the end of that, I called the guy out in front of co-workers and customers. What's funny is that all the employees and the owner actually sided with me, but I can't work with the guy.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

When I was in that factory environment, after I had established my specialty and was in a position to mentor others, the most irritating/disheartening aspect of interacting with co-workers was in convincing people that whatever it was that I was asking them to do was nothing that I wouldn't do or hadn't done myself. So there were the scenes of my demonstrating, repeatedly, one technique or trick hard come-by from years of experience, learned from the true giants I'd been privileged to have rubbed shoulders with. Until this moment, in typing this, I've never stopped to consider how annoying I must have been. Some time to have an epiphany.

Present-day, post-manufacturing me has been playing catch-up in relating to my Father's business. I consult with Dad, he travels less to see what we're up to and socializes more, I assert my elder status amidst my younger brothers and their age-contemporary co-workers. I've had to reacquaint myself with various building/construction techniques, frequently reading old manuals, texts etc., re-visiting job-sites to see how we, or my Dad and Brothers pulled-off a tricky drop of a busted 10-foot section of a parapet wall in an alleyway with two feet of clearance and not injure someone or cause collateral damage to adjoining structures. Steep curve and I'm still learning (every day something new) and I hope that I'm not appearing too green to clients. So it is again my turn to be annoying. Dad and Brothers assure me that I'm doing okay. Not so much in what they say but in how they regard me.

So others out there, to keep your cool, your sanity, just be kind I guess. We're trying.