GOOOO BUICK!

Alpha

Where are we? LOL  In this "now you see it, now you don't forum"?

[post="1273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It appears so...*cough* :lol:

That's why adding it to your subscription or saving a bookmark is vital... :D

EDIT: Maybe I should add that we should leave it here...let it be the secret Buick fanclub... :P Edited by Alpha

I want Buick to return to market with a sporty trim level... sportier than "CXS" I mean...

[post="1707"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd be happy with the CXS trim name, as long as it provided a sportier equipment than is currently offered. I feel 240hp should be standard on the base, and they should throw a northstar in the CXS to output like 275hp.

In the Lucerne, the Northstar should put out like 280-300hp. After all, the DTS will be getting more power in a couple of years (and they have an available engine of 291hp)

I agree with ocnblu about having a separate name for Buick's performance line-up.

I think it would be good for Buick to keep the CX, CXL, & CXS trims for their normal models, and create a "Red-Line or V-Series" like model line-up that co-exists with the normal Buick line-up. I really do like "Ultra" but I could see GNX also... as in LaCrosse GNX, Lucerne GNX, & Velite GNX. The GNX or Ultra Series would need more than "performance" to set themselves apart from the other divisions. Make the GNX or Ultra series a boutique series and more customizable than Redline or V-Series. (being able to customize is a luxury service expected by a Premium brand)

For the GNX series, Buick could provide:

Interior:

• Two tone leather interiors with suede inserts
  • Remove the standard walnut wood trim and experiment with marble veneer or Corian*)
  • Add satin nickel finishes inside (I actually prefer Buick to try something different: try experimenting with copper colored trim)
Exterior:
  • Unique exterior metallic paint colors
  • Tinted windows (maybe add a unique color to the factory tint that will compliment the exterior/interior colors which will help create a signature look)
  • Keep the same general shape of the new "Velite inspired" grille but switch the front grilles from vertical bars to chrome horizontal bars similar to Infiniti's
  • Two or three wheel options
  • Add bi-Xenon headlamps
  • Add LED tail lights

Increase HP by SuperCharging or Turbo: 3.6l SC (maybe 290hp-300hp), 4.6l SC 320hp-330hp)

* look at the possibilities with Corian (rumor is Lincoln is considering to use Corian):

Posted Image
Posted Image

OH! And welcome back Paulie!!!! :)

I can't belive that I have yet to own even one Buick. I've been so close to buying one on several occasions but always ended up wiht an Olds, Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac or Mercury.

My next land yacht just might be a Buick. Maybe a late 70s or early 80s LeSabre coupe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

There is a blue '78 or '79 LeSabre S-Type coupe riding around my area. Black and chrome detailing, amber signals, Buick's black & chrome sport wheels... it's all there and still looking good. Edited by ocnblu

I can't belive that I have yet to own even one Buick. I've been so close to buying one on several occasions but always ended up wiht an Olds, Chevy, Pontiac, Cadillac or Mercury.

My next land yacht just might be a Buick. Maybe a late 70s or early 80s LeSabre coupe.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="1822"][/post]

Lol for shame sly! (hope u dont mind me calling u that :lol:)
You gotta own a Buick one day...

one day you will be old... :lol:

Thanks Ven! Wow, the Corian is pretty amazing--there are so many choices. I would love to see some interesting textures/treatments in Buicks. Using a different type of treatment in the car is what sets a car aside from its competition, and makes it stand out. I know if I had a car with an interior treatment that was interesting, I would get a lot of friends to consider buying one. After all, who doesn't want something that is extremely reliable, high quality (hey, it's a Buick!), and looks cool? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You know, that might work better....if I drank.... I don't know what it is, but every Thursday night...I just cannot sleep...and I have to be up at 7 for Photography class... :rolleyes: But after quite a bit of just viewing GM and Other Guys at the top...I ventured down a bit and started posting... Of course shortly loosing my temper in the Lounge...oi...

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
would i be included in this since my first car was an 83 regal wagon? super could be the sporty side of buick and ultra would be the lux... kinda what ....? someone said.... it would take quite a change in buick to have a car be worthy of a GNX designation...more to the tune of the velite's powerplant :) :ohyeah: :yes: Edited by loki