Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Porsche Panamera already going to fleets, rent one from Avis in Germany

7 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Europe, Porsche

panamera-s-630x.jpg
2010 Porsche Panamera - Click above for high-res image gallery

Aside from four primary entry portals and four wheels, Porsche's new Panamera certainly doesn't have much in common with the Ford Taurus of earlier this decade. However, like the former queen of U.S. rental fleets, Porsche's latest will soon be available for visitors to Germany to sample. Avis locations throughout the fatherland will be offering the Panamera for hire starting October 1st. Both of the normally aspirated versions, the S and 4S, will be on hand at major airports and inner city outlets.

The rental rates will start at a surprisingly reasonable €189 per day from Monday to Thursday. If, on the other hand, you plan to hit the autobahn for a weekend getaway, the tariff goes up to a more Porsche typical €567. No word on whether the rental agreement explicitly prohibits visits to a certain race track in the Eiffel mountains...

[source: Porsche]

Continue reading Porsche Panamera already going to fleets, rent one from Avis in Germany

Porsche Panamera already going to fleets, rent one from Avis in Germany originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=BL9v8Ai5wts:3N_7h8dDaYo:wF9xT autoblog?i=BL9v8Ai5wts:3N_7h8dDaYo:V_sGL
BL9v8Ai5wts

View the full article

I do not know why these don't sell...that is a sexy assed car for a four door sedan.

I disagree. It is one of the ugliest sedans on the market. I like the 911 a lot, but it was clearly not a design that transfers over to a sedan very well.

I disagree. It is one of the ugliest sedans on the market. I like the 911 a lot, but it was clearly not a design that transfers over to a sedan very well.

+1. Looks like a beached whale.

I do not know why these don't sell...that is a sexy assed car for a four door sedan.

Yeah.... can't think why.

stretch-corvettes.jpg

I happen to think they are pretty good looking, as well. Of course, I don't care for the other Porsches that much.

Is there a source saying that they are not selling? I would think its too soon to tell. Perhaps Porsche is fleeting some of these to allow it some exposure. A rental roadtest is a lot better than a short one with a salesdroid gripping the dashboard.

Knowing how some folks have to have the latest gadgetry, I would imagine Porsche (In my option the automotive equivalent to Apple) could build a sports car that looked like a rowboat going sideways with 3 doors and people would buy it. Look at the skepticism when the Cayenne came out, and it became Porsche's greatest sales success.

Of course, I also wonder if this is VW trying to stick it to Porsches' former owners.

I happen to think they are pretty good looking, as well. Of course, I don't care for the other Porsches that much.

Is there a source saying that they are not selling? I would think its too soon to tell. Perhaps Porsche is fleeting some of these to allow it some exposure. A rental roadtest is a lot better than a short one with a salesdroid gripping the dashboard.

Knowing how some folks have to have the latest gadgetry, I would imagine Porsche (In my option the automotive equivalent to Apple) could build a sports car that looked like a rowboat going sideways with 3 doors and people would buy it. Look at the skepticism when the Cayenne came out, and it became Porsche's greatest sales success.

Of course, I also wonder if this is VW trying to stick it to Porsches' former owners.

I think most of the skepticism about the Cayenne wasn't about looks, it was just that it was a Porsche SUV. I think the Cayenne looks good, especially compared to what some of the other luxury SUVs look like.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0