Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: GM considering boosting production of four hot sellers: Camaro, Equinox, Lacrosse and SRX

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Coupe, Sedan, Crossover, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GM

camaro-630-x.jpg
2010 Chevy Camaro - Click above for high-res image gallery

Good news has been in short supply for General Motors so far this year, but increased demand for its new products shows that the worst of times may be in the rear view mirror. Automotive News is reporting that GM may increase production of four new vehicles due to heavy demand. The new-for-2010 Chevy Equinox and Camaro, Cadillac SRX and Buick LaCrosse are reportedly under consideration. Equinox sales are so brisk (13,157 sales in August) that GM is considering adding production of the efficient crossover at a second plant. Expanding Equinox production could also happen if GM adds a third shift to its CAMI facility in Ontario.

One reason for the potential production increases stems from this summer's Cash for Clunkers bonanza. Inventory is now so low for many vehicles that a bump in production is inevitable. GM spokesman Tom Wilkinson reportedly told AN that the company knew it would have to eventually bump production and that its new products have done the best job of outstripping demand. GM is likely hoping that these fresh faces are hot enough that a sustained production bump is necessary, which may mean that some laid off employees could be called back to work.

[source: Automotive News - Sub. Req'd]

REPORT: GM considering boosting production of four hot sellers: Camaro, Equinox, Lacrosse and SRX originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=VOsM1rK-oUU:q6WPiApbOWo:wF9xT autoblog?i=VOsM1rK-oUU:q6WPiApbOWo:V_sGL
VOsM1rK-oUU

View the full article

Good news, but is it a temporary gain to replace the wealth destroyed in CARS or an actual increase?

Good news, but is it a temporary gain to replace the wealth destroyed in CARS or an actual increase?

That is the million dollar question.

You think there was a lot of CARS trade ins for Camaros, Lacrosses, and SRXes? I can see the Equinox... but the others? Come on...

So far I've seen a few Camaros, one or two new Equinox's and that's about it. Most of the new cars around here are Toyota.

Hell no! Market is not ready for a production increase.....at least not yet.

Hell no! Market is not ready for a production increase.....at least not yet.

i agree. these cars will just have heavy incentives on the hoods 5 months from now. GM should continue to keep them in short supply so that they can be sold at MSRP

I've seen tons of new Camaros and quite a few new Equinoxes around, which probably was part of the CARS program. I've only seen one LaCrosse, and that was in KC while I was living there this summer. I've yet to even see an SRX on lots let alone on the road. I wish GM would learn from their mistakes though. They need to have cars "in demand." Otherwise they are going to have a ton of cars sitting on lots with huge incentives.

Edited by PONTIAC06

Saw a yellow Camaro SS on my way to work this morning on the highway. I like them more and more. Now I'm thinking if I trade in my Vue in the next year or so, I just may be a Camaro driver again.

I wonder how hard the sales decline of September will hit the market when they are anounced in October.

The back lash the end of the CFC is already happening.

I hope these 4 cars can slow the decline in sales for GM compared to other companies.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0