Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Officially Official: Hyundai reveals 2010 Sonata in Korea

20 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Hyundai, South Korea

160138_opt.jpg
2010 Hyundai Sonata - Click above for high-res image gallery

Hyundai has just unveiled its all new Sonata mid-sized sedan in its home market of South Korea, and after months of spy shots, it's new look is a surprise to no one. Nonetheless, the new Sonata is a major departure from the current strong selling but incredibly bland model. The new one follows the current design trend towards more coupe-like styling with a sweeping shape, arched roof line and short decklid very reminiscent of the Volkswagen CC.

The home market version gets a standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with 165 horsepower that's rated at 30.1 mpg (US), an 11 percent improvement from the outgoing model. The North American version will go into production early next year at Hyundai's Alabama factory and be badged as a 2011 model. Here in North America the standard engine will be an upgraded version of the current 2.4-liter four-cylinder with direct injection. The U.S.-market Sonata is expected to debut at either the LA Auto Show later this year or Detroit Auto Show in early January. About a year after launch, the new Sonata will be the first U.S. market Hyundai to get the hybrid system that was shown at last year's LA show. Thanks to everyone who tipped us on this!

[source: Hyundai]

Continue reading Officially Official: Hyundai reveals 2010 Sonata in Korea

Officially Official: Hyundai reveals 2010 Sonata in Korea originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:26:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=f27qvj7lnII:Id7PhgXBeJI:wF9xT autoblog?i=f27qvj7lnII:Id7PhgXBeJI:V_sGL
f27qvj7lnII

View the full article

A lot of Mazda6 in that exterior... And the nav screen looks puny by modern standards.

Infinitish + Lexussy interior.

Looks good, a bit Mercedes CLS-like with the headlights. Hyundai does need to develop their own styling themes rather than copying other people's. The interior is nice, much better than a Malibu or Camry. And it has push button start, a CTS doesn't even have that.

Hmmmm not too shabby, a lot less conservative than the current one.

The interior is nice, much better than a Malibu or Camry. And it has push button start, a CTS doesn't even have that.

There will be a new Malibu a year after.

Sort of makes me think of the Mondeo but the Mondeo looks quite a bit nicer on the outside. Bring the Mondeo over to compete with the TSX/TL/Maxima etc Ford!!!

I give them credit. It's edgy (not a fan of the grille and butt though). Curious what the V6 will put out and if we'll see a 6-speed auto in it.

Something very Toyota about the front to me..

Something very Toyota about the front to me..

It's probably the sagging-in-the-middle grille that mimics the Camry and Avalon.

The droopiness of the front reminds me of the genesis- not sure making your token fleet queen look similar to your 'lux' brand is a good marketing move...

Interior doesn't look nicer than the Malibu to me.

And it has 'i-drive', a CTS doesn't even have that.

Thank God.

It's probably the sagging-in-the-middle grille that mimics the Camry and Avalon.

The headlights and the grille shape kind of remind me of the Solara, or the ES..

The droopiness of the front reminds me of the genesis- not sure making your token fleet queen look similar to your 'lux' brand is a good marketing move...

Interior doesn't look nicer than the Malibu to me.

And it has 'i-drive', a CTS doesn't even have that.

Thank God.

That's not i-drive. If you look at the high resolution it's simply a power/volume knob. Just like GM's black tie radios.

ok, its done well enough to gain ground in the segment. and the side profile is nice. interior looks ok.

but its got that angry fish look that ford europe has, only worse. it mixes in toyota elements way too much. and it takes the fusion razor grille to a new gaudy low.

everything aft of the a pillar is not too bad. the butt is pretty generic. the greenhouse is prob the best part of the design.

i don't think it stands out, aside from the ugly front end....but it is nicer than the stupid/retarded accord and the pukey camry.

ideally the hyundai takes a swath out of the accord and camry sales only. mazda6/altima too hopefully.

that front end is really offensive.

i would do a different character line in the sides too, that BMW like flame surfacing on this car is kind of tacky. i would prefer cleaner flanks.

Edited by regfootball

that icon of the dude sitting for the climate control looks like a contorted dildo or something.

A lot of Mazda6 in that exterior... And the nav screen looks puny by modern standards.

mazda 6 already looks dull and dated. this looks nicer.

I said it looked like a Cruze when the spyshots started to surface.

After seeing these pics, I'll take that back.

It looks like a Cruze on crystal-meth.

The exterior is weird and the interior is a copy of Lexus/Infiniti.

Im not completely sold on the front end, and the interior could be a little better, but damn does it look good from this angle (to my eyes!):

02.jpg

that icon of the dude sitting for the climate control looks like a contorted dildo or something.

:blink: