Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Lexus LS600h revealed in full detail

17 posts in this topic

Filed under: Frankfurt Motor Show, Hybrid, Sedan, Lexus, Luxury

58644lex-copy.jpg
2010 Lexus LS600h - Click above for high-res image gallery

For 2010, Lexus is doing a mid-cycle refresh on its flagship LS lineup, including the hybrid drive LS600h. The system mainly carries over hardware, but some of the controls are enhanced with the latest updates featured on the new Prius, HS250h and RX400h. Among those are a new ECO mode that applies a filter to throttle inputs and air conditioning control. Small adjustments in the throttle position are ignored, allowing the powertrain to operate at a more constant rate, reducing fuel consumption. Similarly, the air conditioning uses the recirculate mode automatically and allows more variation in temperature.

One of the complaints we had about the LS when we reviewed it last year was the minuscule trunk for a car of its size. Lexus has reconfigured the nickel metal hydride battery pack to reduce the package size, allowing the trunk volume to be increased by about 1.24 cubic feet. The front brakes have also been upgraded with larger rotors and six-piston Brembo calipers. On the outside, the LS gets a new front fascia with a grille similar to the HS250h.

[source: Lexus]

Continue reading Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Lexus LS600h revealed in full detail

Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Lexus LS600h revealed in full detail originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=5sAfPb-OMQI:ZJQQbnqQMMc:wF9xT autoblog?i=5sAfPb-OMQI:ZJQQbnqQMMc:V_sGL
5sAfPb-OMQI

View the full article

The grill change seems to be a small improvement - at least in making the LS look more upmarket, not less ugly.

Small adjustments in the throttle position are ignored

Lol. That line just struck me as sort of hilarious. And probably quite annoying as well.

I can see the tagline now, The new 2010 Lexus LS, now with extra vanilla, and class leading blandness.

The grill change seems to be a small improvement - at least in making the LS look more upmarket, not less ugly.

Not remotely. The grill looks very cheap, like something off a Corolla.

WOW :mind-blowing: Could they not have made it more bland, cheap and just plain ugly? For a luxury line, they have lost their mojo as this will only sell to those that have already drank heavily from the Lexus Coolaid well. Very sad to see such an abomination.

You all make me sick. I have owned a 400 since it came out and I have nothing but praise for it. The is quiet as a mouse. The interior is very luxurious and the quality is suburb. Instead of constiently bad mouthing this and other Lexus and Toyotas why don't u get your asses over to the dealer and test drive one. If GM was so great then why did they go through bankruptcy? BECAUSE THE CARS THEY MAKE CAN'T COMPLETE WITH TOYOTA, LEXUS, HONDA, HYUNDAI & NISSAN. Why don't you grow up and realize the GM will never equal the foreign brands

Not sure what to think of it....the photos the released are bad and make it look cheap. I prefer the preMCE for now. I always liked this gen LS. Not exciting to look at but very handsome...much more so than the old 7 Series.

You all make me sick. I have owned a 400 since it came out and I have nothing but praise for it. The is quiet as a mouse. The interior is very luxurious and the quality is suburb. Instead of constiently bad mouthing this and other Lexus and Toyotas why don't u get your asses over to the dealer and test drive one. If GM was so great then why did they go through bankruptcy? BECAUSE THE CARS THEY MAKE CAN'T COMPLETE WITH TOYOTA, LEXUS, HONDA, HYUNDAI & NISSAN. Why don't you grow up and realize the GM will never equal the foreign brands

I can't say that I disagree with any of that. I am sure the car is quiet and I know all the pieces fit together tightly and you can balance a nickel on the engine block, etc, but the car is still boring and bland. A Jaguar or Mercedes is well crafted as well, and at least has some style to it.

...and the quality is suburb...

You wield the language as a blunt, bludgeoning instrument. Too many are busy dodging your assaults to glean the wisdom of your preaching, brother.

Not remotely. The grill looks very cheap, like something off a Corolla.

At first I thought the changes made it look cheaper, since they went from the 2 opening grill to the 3 opening. But after looking at the pre-MMC side by side, I can away thinking that this MMC does look slightly better. The old upper grill was pretty plain.

It's also one of the most innovative and tech-laden luxury cars in the world.

I guess all of you forgot that. Big surprise, there.

At first I thought the changes made it look cheaper, since they went from the 2 opening grill to the 3 opening. But after looking at the pre-MMC side by side, I can away thinking that this MMC does look slightly better. The old upper grill was pretty plain.

The new grille looks like cheap gray plastic...maybe trying for a faux brushed aluminum look...

I truthfully haven't 'seen' an LS on the road since the big rectangular grilled ones of -what- about 7 years ago?

No matter the # of refreshes since then.... I could've sworn toyota stopped building them.

It's kinda nice, actually.

The non-hybrid LS has a more traditional grille, which I like better. I don't care for the new taillights.

09-08-25-2010-lexus-ls-460-460l-front.jp

The LS is beautifully constructed, but it's like a living room on wheels. It drives almost like a domestic luxo-barge. The BMW 7-Series is much more engaging.

I've seen a few of the current LS's around. i really do find them to be handsome cars. Still not sure about this MCE. Will have to wait for better photos.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0