Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The 'ole G8 & a lot of new touches

I'm all over the place anymore, and don't post an excessive amount, but having met up with Roger to check out his Fleetwood a few weeks back he did encourage (or just remind... :AH-HA_wink: ) me to get some updates of my G8 posted, because there have been quite a few changes. All in all, as I also intended coming from my leased G6 and then Malibu, both with problems but alas, was something I could play with as much as I saw fit (i.e. own this time) to keep myself interested--the G8 has done that and more for me.

About 500 miles short of 10k and 7 months in, still has never been in for anything beyond an initial alignment & XM reflash, an oil change and the recent recall reflash for something lights/TPS related. The exception to this would be the suspension which I knew going in, was a splendid performer but sadly like the GTO, comes off the boat with some not so nice issues. Front strut mounts that are excessively worn & sloppy from some weak spots in the design and then exacerbated by the strapped down boat ride, being the main one.

1) Had that fixed with Pedders parts and while in there, of course, got the inkling to do more while it was apart, so in came a few more upgraded bushings front & rear (the single biggest change, period, without much $$ or parts...still, wow) and then completely new struts, shocks and sport coils with a slight drop. This car naturally sits high, especially in the rear, and bringing that down just a bit (to the extent without telling anyone, no one could point out the car was lowered after) even without a sway bar upgrade or otherwise really changes the handling. But, still, I've found I'm a 7/10ths driver except for the occasional acceleration burst and miss the stock "hovercraft" ride it used to have, plus ended up scraping the bumper on a curb after the drop, among other things...so more in store here, soon.

The current stance, for the time being at least...then we'll see:

Image00008.jpg

Image00037.jpg

2) From there, the interior is great and I still love how insanely huge it is inside and with MUCH better seats than my previous vehicles--especially the Malibu that gave me neck & shoulder aches at more than 15 minutes--and how solid, quiet, etc. it is. There are some hard plastic sections that seem out of place with the rest with the rest of the dash and the soft, stitched door panels, all mainly around the center stack--but it didn't bother me much. I was, however, always looking at that dead spot cubby on the top of the center stack where a set of gauges used to be in '08 models, and it never did anything but collect dust. Always had or wanted a Nav beyond Onstar or just stuck to the window and though other G8'ers were coming up with ways to mount them in front of the shifter, on that top hole, etc., I can't stand "tacked on" even if it's well done.

In came a kit made of parts from the bread & butter Holden Commodore Omega model and its different but still the same underneath center stack. It uses a different center strip, radio surround and a top pod with a 4.3"ish screen for the clock & radio readout. One of the suppliers of Holden & other parts for these cars worked on making a kit that took all of the same parts and then had a custom bracket in place of the stock screen to that fit a 4.3" GPS perfectly and...wa-la. Stock looking Nav, different vents, different center stack trim, and no more dusty black hole. Everyone thinks it's stock and anyone who was in the car before is baffled how I did it...love it, even though I now realized I don't use the Nav much at all except for another gadget to look at.

Before:

Image00029.jpg

After:

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00020.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00029.jpg

Image00017.jpg

th_MVI_2275.jpg

3) Another, around the time of the GPS, was a change to the center console armrest. Especially after my Malibu and the Fleetwood before that, I just could not stand the plasticy, rubbery, eww of a rubber console lid under my elbow. The fact that it felt cheap and rickety and wobbled all over the place didn’t help matters. So in came again another Holden piece, this time the thicker, padded, and upholstered center console lid used on stock Calais, Caprice, etc. models. Feels more solid, is much nicer to my elbow and is taller AND like the Malibu and others now, it slides forward to completely cover the cupholders or back, depending on what I want at anytime. So much nicer.

Image00008.jpg

Image00007.jpg

4) I always have all season mats in every one of my cars, because I loathe the look or feeling of constantly stepping with dirty shoes onto just another piece of carpet. No molded Weathertech or other mats for this car as others I’ve had, so I kept looking and found the perfect match—stock Holden accessory rubber floor mats, Holden lion logo and all for the VE cars. Didn’t cost anymore to get these DHL’d over from Oz in 2 days than any others I’d buy, and they’re an OEM part. Great.

Image00002.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00008.jpg

5) Onto the outside…rear first.

This car is gorgeous, if not thought by me, but evidenced by the attention, questions and “can I see” “what is that?” every single day. That said, there’s always room to improve :AH-HA_wink:

This time the inception of the GXP brought some nice pieces to the party, at least front & rear. At the back, the base and GT models have a “smooth” rear diffuser with a honeycomb grille of sorts on top to match the fronts. Looks nice, fits the car, etc. but the honeycomb with a black back gets annoying with dirt collection and the GXP got a new design that was both all smooth, ridged, and looked meaner without being gaudy. For not much, I had to have one.

Before:

Image00005.jpg

After:

Image00067.jpg

Image00071.jpg

Image00076.jpg

6) Still outside…now the nose.

I like to say this one was because I scraped the original fascia underneath ever so lightly on a curb post lowering, but really I just liked the look of the GXP fascia a lot more once I saw a few AND as it became known, the parts were both not expensive and even cheaper than the other fascia. Knowing how GM was very quickly trying to dump parts stocks and the car was at the end, I bought as soon as I could and then just had to arrange the install and such.

So, now, it has an entirely new GXP fascia. Love it. I dropped it at the body shop the day it came in, they painted it and let it sit in storage for a month or so, and then the install. As I had a full clear bra installed on the car (funny, that cost more than all of the parts in making this swap themselves…) I had to have that re-done and since the original still could go to so much use, I sold it to another Pacific Slate G8 owner in VA looking to get rid of his ugly front plate bracket and have a spare fascia. Perfect.

Before:

Image00023.jpg

After:

Image00025.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00036.jpg

Image00038.jpg

Image00055.jpg

7) Other stuff…

…there’s been so much and I still have so much in boxes, or at least little things, I often lose track. AMEX likes me, I can say that, hah. Tune, cold air intake, removed & changed some emblems (no more GM chicklets->Holden VE 6.0Litre fender badges, no more “Pontiac” on trunk & GT<->G8 swapped order), all existing Pontiac arrowheads are now silver vs. red…lots of little things.

Coming up I’ll say more to the suspension as noted above, in some form, I have new Holden 2-piece engine covers still to install (vs. the big stock 1-piece thing I put in a closet), a Corsa exhaust, etc., etc. Should still keep me going for some years, hah, and without any problems to worry about it’s easier to keep it out of the dealer’s hands…imagine that, after my 2 consecutive “WTH is going?” on rides :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, and I still need to get a new sig that's not just a fuzzy resized picture...something Pacific Slate color themed and with a G8 in some form...have to hit up DodgeFan or otherwise, at some point. We'll see.

Wow! Fantastic work, especially with the GPS/dash integration! The GXP cues on the front and back look awesome too!

Looking real sharp! thumb.gif

Thanks...GPS and GXP bits...those 2 areas always get the most :thumbsup:

Awesome. I love it all. I'm insanely jealous.

I'm curious as to what screen you used for the Nav...did it come from the Omega? Interesting how it lights up 'Pontiac' even though it wasn't designed for the G8.

Chances are, it's a custom splash screen that was loaded onto the Garmin unit. I'm sure an end-user can probably change it with general ease through their computer.

You got it :AH-HA_wink:

It's just a Garmin and the start up screen can be changed to any .JPG your heart desires...in this case, given the integration, this Pontiac background that's almost identical to what the lower radio/climate screen starts with, how could I not? Now, if only it didn't still initially light up the Garmin logo for a few seconds beforehand :rolleyes:

Here's the Omega dash and the basic screen it does use in that spot:

Omega1.jpg

Omega2.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Excellent work! You've taken an already great ar and stepped it up to the next level. I love the interior improvements, especially the GPS, and the GXP style fascias.

Have you thought about GXP wheels?

Modding is fun and addictive. 8)

I have yes...I'm a big fan of the 19" GT wheels and at this point, although I've casually looked for a set of GXP polished wheels to pick up at a decent price, it's nothing I "have to have" like other mods. The GT Sport wheels often get as many questions and compliments as the car itself...or should I say "those rims" do :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, so more to come. The only visual thing I think will be the car raising back up a bit, but we'll see, and then more of something. Underhood and exhaust in some form. I just have to give myself a reality check sometimes and realize it doesn't even have 10k on it yet and there is that warranty thing...though it's great, hah, it has no care yet for it yet. Keep it slim, keep it slim, Derek...well, sorta. Next, I think, it just needs an exhaust change. With AFM/DOD you have to be very careful, but Corsa is the ticket at the moment for a catback and headers, too, at some point.

By the way, though I'm still now just used to it, having a car that scratches into 2nd and 3rd under moderate/harder acceleration gives you a skewed perception of everything "else" if taking another car out, hah. Any next cars I think about are going to be interesting in this regard...I already can't drive the 4-cyl '08 Malibu anymore because the lack of any power scares me. It revs but doesn't go anywhere, the complete opposite of this small block Aussie.

Edited by caddycruiser

Fantastic, tasteful modifications. Spot on, my friend!:)

Thanks. It certainly is just a little different than when you last saw & drove it...actually the next weekend was when it all really started, suspension & otherwise...

As blue said, Spot on mods to an already awesome car.

What is that neat Regal I see reflected in the paint on the G8? Looks like a sweet ride also.

Chris

Are those badges on your car like the concept badge the G8 concept had? I loved that design.

gm_pontiac_badge.jpg

Not at the moment, no, but I do have a set of those still in a box...of course. They're not exactly the same, but there's a small company that got license by GM to produce "those", they machine them, and then you can have the centers painted or made whatever color--or no color--that you prefer. I have a set of silver ones, but for the time being just have silver metallic decals made for all of the emblems (front, rear, center caps, steering wheel) over the red instead.

Here's the ones I have just sitting, made for this car front & rear by that company:

DartSilver1.jpg

DartSilver2.jpg

As blue said, Spot on mods to an already awesome car.

What is that neat Regal I see reflected in the paint on the G8? Looks like a sweet ride also.

Chris

Brother's '86 Regal LTD 307. Light blue, black factory partial vinyl top, dark blue velour tufted interior, etc.

Behind the G8 now, not seen, is a new '68 Dodge Coronet 440 project...then the Legacy, Fleetwood, and Malibu.

Not at the moment, no, but I do have a set of those still in a box...of course. They're not exactly the same, but there's a small company that got license by GM to produce "those", they machine them, and then you can have the centers painted or made whatever color--or no color--that you prefer. I have a set of silver ones, but for the time being just have silver metallic decals made for all of the emblems (front, rear, center caps, steering wheel) over the red instead.

Here's the ones I have just sitting, made for this car front & rear by that company:

DartSilver1.jpg

DartSilver2.jpg

Brother's '86 Regal LTD 307. Light blue, black factory partial vinyl top, dark blue velour tufted interior, etc.

Behind the G8 now, not seen, is a new '68 Dodge Coronet 440 project...then the Legacy, Fleetwood, and Malibu.

Those are quite cool, however I would love it if they could exactly replicate them.

Those are quite cool, however I would love it if they could exactly replicate them.

I know, that was my one hold up & why they're not on the car yet...they're extremely high quality & true to form in dimension & such, but still don't have the right silver "texture" background with the OEM typical piece of clear plastic over. Still, I've seen them on several G8's and they look great, and better than my decal covered variety, so we'll see. It's a Pontiac and I'm not changing that, I just didn't like the red anymore, or something. I don't remember. I just get an idea & order.

Last weekend I installed an oil catch can (those of you who are more mechanically inclined know this one), on the PCV system as it's quite a common mod and a few companies offer them, and after a week there's already oil in it. Great intake, etc. saving addition and a beautiful piece of billet.

Underhood is another area where I'm unsure...at least visually. The big clunky stock engine cover is removed until I can get a secondary intake cover off & snap on my Holden 6.0L side covers, but otherwise aside from my catch can I'm undecided on more billet, more red, more hmm.

Here's mostly what it looks like under there, by the way, with no engine cover and the Roto-Fab intake and front radiator support cover:

Image00002.jpg

Image00004.jpg

I know, that was my one hold up & why they're not on the car yet...they're extremely high quality & true to form in dimension & such, but still don't have the right silver "texture" background with the OEM typical piece of clear plastic over. Still, I've seen them on several G8's and they look great, and better than my decal covered variety, so we'll see. It's a Pontiac and I'm not changing that, I just didn't like the red anymore, or something. I don't remember. I just get an idea & order.

Last weekend I installed an oil catch can (those of you who are more mechanically inclined know this one), on the PCV system as it's quite a common mod and a few companies offer them, and after a week there's already oil in it. Great intake, etc. saving addition and a beautiful piece of billet.

Underhood is another area where I'm unsure...at least visually. The big clunky stock engine cover is removed until I can get a secondary intake cover off & snap on my Holden 6.0L side covers, but otherwise aside from my catch can I'm undecided on more billet, more red, more hmm.

Here's mostly what it looks like under there, by the way, with no engine cover and the Roto-Fab intake and front radiator support cover:

Image00002.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Its a shame GM isn't proud of teh engine. I mean its not pretty to look at. It's all covered up in plastic overs. Don't get me wrong, I don;t hate covers, but on an engine like that I would rather see the engine, but without all of the wires and tuby bits hanging all over the place. Sort of like this:

ext_bg_13.jpg

Um, the only thing that makes that Hemi look any better is that they put slightly more thought into their plastic covers. Those things that say HEMI are just plastic covers. You would see pretty much all the same hardware & wires running around like a rat's nest underneath. It does look better than one huge plastic cover over the top of everything, but it's still just made pretty by plastic covers.

Image00038.jpg

Wow! But first and foremost, I have to tell you that the color of your G8 is fantastic! Beautiful!

Oh yeah, the reason I picked this picture to reply to: there's a clear reflection of a mid-80s Regal coupe in mint condition in the background!

Its a shame GM isn't proud of teh engine. I mean its not pretty to look at. It's all covered up in plastic overs. Don't get me wrong, I don;t hate covers, but on an engine like that I would rather see the engine, but without all of the wires and tuby bits hanging all over the place. Sort of like this:

I concur, but the change I'm making is more akin to that Hemi decor, again thanks to more OEM Holden parts.

The stock G8 GT/GXP 1-piece engine cover:

0808gmhtp_03_z%202008_pontiac_g8_gt%20en

The 2-piece covers that were used on some Holdens:

IMG_7247.jpg

and with decals over the 6.0L sections:

IMG_7370.jpg

Well, when I get to it, at least. The first step is to remove a secondary intake cover in the center (looks like the intake, but it's really a secondary insulated cover with the same profile fitted over the actual one, for whatever noise, etc. reason.

Wow! But first and foremost, I have to tell you that the color of your G8 is fantastic! Beautiful!

Oh yeah, the reason I picked this picture to reply to: there's a clear reflection of a mid-80s Regal coupe in mint condition in the background!

Hah, and what's great is I NEVER realized that until it was pointed out here. The clunky old but low mileage oil burner... :AH-HA_wink:

Awesome. You've just made me Craigslist some used G8 GTs. There are a few here with ~5-10K miles for $25-27K. They look surprisingly amazing in white.

I love the custom nav and the armrest update.

Heehee. Before I decided to go new and get what I REALLY wanted back in February thanks to new dealer cash & special GMAC financing, I looked at & drove an orange ex rental '08 GT being sold certified at a Chevy dealer with 10k for $22.5k. It drove flawlessly but looked like 10k or a little more miles & I just couldn't do it coming from a loaded new Malibu with 3k on it, problems and seat comfort issues regardless. Still, for the price, it being certified, and driving perfectly, I thought about it long & hard, because one like it would have even made more sense to start modding. Oh well;-)

Used ones can be a good buy, even though values have now gone back up after the "no more".

I have to say, true to my car form, I've a few times now explored deals on a remaining GXP in exchange for this one and $$, and it could work, but I've just done too much and am too attached to this one in the end. Well, you know, I'd still take a new GXP in addition, so it had a friend...right!

I concur, but the change I'm making is more akin to that Hemi decor, again thanks to more OEM Holden parts.

The stock G8 GT/GXP 1-piece engine cover:

0808gmhtp_03_z%202008_pontiac_g8_gt%20en

IMG_7247.jpg

and with decals over the 6.0L sections:

IMG_7370.jpg

Well, when I get to it, at least. The first step is to remove a secondary intake cover in the center (looks like the intake, but it's really a secondary insulated cover with the same profile fitted over the actual one, for whatever noise, etc. reason.

Hah, and what's great is I NEVER realized that until it was pointed out here. The clunky old but low mileage oil burner... :AH-HA_wink:

You're one step ahead I see! That 2 piece cover looks much nicer.

You're one step ahead I see! That 2 piece cover looks much nicer.

Yes. I'm just trying to decide on colors for the decals to go on the embossed 6.0L sections...red/silver are what's on the 2nd picture and likely, but not fully sure yet. Or maybe nothing.

IMG_7247.jpg

Aren't those the same ones used on the GTO?

GTOEngine1.jpg

I wonder if it's possible to fabricate a set of custom inserts.

Aren't those the same ones used on the GTO?

GTOEngine1.jpg

I wonder if it's possible to fabricate a set of custom inserts.

Very, very similar just a different part differentiated by the embossed insignias on top and, potentially, a mount or ridge underneath. Apparently the ones I have were used on a few specific Holden models with 6.0L small blocks over the past couple of years.

G8 guys & gals have done a lot of custom work with the original 1-piece engine cover from adding mesh to the center portion vs. solid plastic to painting it in a rainbow of ways, and for these 2-piece covers the main change is just the decals in whatever colors over the 6.0L part. I'm still undecided on specifics of that.

Then there are various custom covers...lots of them. I'm just a stickler for unique but still OEM, well, generally.

Suspension is changing again, for sure, now too.

Driving to a different shop across the bridge in Maryland next week to have the aftermarket (and still, VERY high quality) springs & dampers I had installed starting back in May removed & stockers swapped back in. The only small difference this time will now be a new set of GXP/FE3 struts & shocks vs. the original FE2 pieces we tossed when installing the current. Ah, well, if only I could make up my mind on such big, expensive things :AH-HA_wink:

It will raise back up again & be a little softer, but that's A-ok with me. Then I'll just do upgraded sway bars instead, to help control some extra roll at some point...or...well, something. We'll see.

Most impressive! I read this with great interest. I have questions.

Where and how did you locate and purchase the Holden parts?

How did you change that center stack?

I must say I am indeed impressed! It was impressive to watch and read this thread. I know you are enjoying your car.

Most impressive! I read this with great interest. I have questions.

Where and how did you locate and purchase the Holden parts?

How did you change that center stack?

I must say I am indeed impressed! It was impressive to watch and read this thread. I know you are enjoying your car.

There are a couple of different vendors based in Australia who specialize in basically selecting, pricing with the conversion rate, selling and shipping Holden spec parts to the US on order. Very easy and for a while there, and still to some extent, it's no more expensive to get than you'd pay for similar things here. JHP and "Crazy Paul" are the ones, and generally, especially Paul (very well known Australian guy on one of the G8 forums) can get ANYTHING for these cars you might want or research which part is which, and figure things out. They also go as far as to sell full Holden front fascias/hoods/etc. for conversions, which are easy.

It's actually kind of funny because even the "Pontiac" stuff you order for a G8 from GM here, whether it be a grille, a bumper, or a piece of trim, still comes in an Australian box with a Holden sticker. All Holden, through and through, even the twin kidney grilles.

Center stack is just a lot of Omega (lower model) pieces swapped out in place of what was there. There's a few different dash arrangements for the VE & long wheelbase versions of these cars, all with the same basis, and made as such so things are different but still often swappable.

Thanks to a GREAT performance shop in Maryland this time, today I took the day off (that's rare...) and drove over the bridge to have my car un-lowered & straightened out otherwise. The new dampers & springs I had driven on for 5k miles in stages definitely tied it down to the road, got rid of the extra wheel->fender gap, and generally still rode well for what it was. But I continued liking it less and less since the start, even going back & forth on the stance (especially after curbing my front fascia and recently hitting my new one on the road trying to get out of a relative's driveway), plus I started having more and more vibration issues and got a nasty creak & groan in one back corner.

It had a nice look & was flickable, but my butt just never liked it, and I was always wincing over bumps & fretting new rattles. So today back to stock it went, aside from bushings (which did make great fixes/changes and should have been the only thing I did all along), just with the twist of now having a bit more GXP underneath...new FE3 struts & shocks from the GXP. From that it was found that the alignment I had done at one point was a mess (I could have sworn something was off...but kept driving, no time to even check it out again), and after removing the aftermarket pieces, fitting new OEM, and properly aligning, I LOVE it. It looks like it raised to the sky and is almost 4x4 now, but a lot of that I think is just my eye not used to the original stance. Regardless, it now rides 100x better, handles just as well for how I drive, and is thankfully noise free again.

Not good photo lighting...but on the alignment rack, newly raised to the clouds again, and getting ready to roll:

Image00001.jpg

Yeah, THAT was an expensive mistake...well, not a mistake, but more of a I didn't know what I really liked or wanted until after I had done it. Typical Derek, in other words :AH-HA_wink:

Things are calming down for a while, I think, aside from detailing now...that I can do without spending any more dough...

You know how much I admire the changes you made to your G8 GT, and I'm glad you finally got the ride/handling your comfortable with. Still a beautiful car and I'm jealous about it and the color still :neenerneener:

Now that your done playing with your toy, we'll have to arrange some time for you to play around with my big toy (okay, that doesn't sound right but I'm not changing it - sickos, you've been warned!). I will admit the last two weeks I've had some thought about getting rid of the Caddy for a new GMC Terrain, but all I have to do is take the car out for a little spin and I'm in love again (most of the thoughts of selling the car are when I'm away from home; once I get back and see the car parked outside or take it out for a drive those thoughts melt away). I need to start spending some more time with it, even if it's doing little things like cleaning it up (interior). November 18th is coming quickly and I want this car to be road safe/ready for daily driving duty. Let me know when you're going to have some time available - Oct 3rd & 10th are definitely out for me FYI. I need to send you an e-mail again about an issue I'm still having; hopefully you'll have an answer from some of your FWB buddies (expect an e-mail tomorrow!).

Anyway, great Pontiac and I can't wait to see it again (btw, you have to take me out for a ride in it).

Thanks Roger...and thanks for reminding me to actually get some of this stuff posted here :AH-HA_wink: I have not forgotten about that black beast...we'll email.

I will say this. I understand "forget this...I just want something new and not a project". I do. But I can also say, even old and even a project, in the end it's still more affordable and sane to have something like you do now, than a new payment and still always "want" more.

Mine is NEVER done and it, ahem, just rolled 10k today, and is new, and has a warranty, etc. I love it, but sometimes I just think if only I had stayed with something like Roger has now and kept playing. It's a thought, at least, but then I move on.

Another, better shot post un-lowering from today. So much better when it's clean, too. The front is still deceptively high and it doesn't show here, but all in all, I went from really starting to dislike a lot about the car's drive to not wanting to get out of it. Motto of the story, don't lower your car to "get rid of the extra gap/"improve" handling" unless you really know what you're getting into :AH-HA_wink:

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

It is such a good looking car.

I need someone to come up with a proper sig pic/graphic that highlights the design & more so the Pacific Slate coloring for use here & elsewhere...hmm... :AH-HA_wink:

Now, what would I like on there...I should figure this out finally...

P.S., Thanks again, by the way. I just like staring at it out the window anymore, that darn color, wheels & tint with it...and even the horrible pinstripe some people like, some people hate. Good thing I've always liked it.

Front strut mounts that are excessively worn & sloppy from some weak spots in the design and then exacerbated by the strapped down boat ride, being the main one.

Was this a problem with just the strut, or is it something more integral with the suspension?

Signed,

Potential pre-owned G8 buyer :P

Was this a problem with just the strut, or is it something more integral with the suspension?

Signed,

Potential pre-owned G8 buyer :P

I'll respond to this soon in better detail...not huge and not an overall big suspension design problem, but a high wear part that needs replacement pretty much as soon as or not long after the boat ride...most of the time. As long as you know about/accept it beforehand, not a biggie, otherwise can be a headache...stay tune.

Otherwise, another quick phone pic I caught today & had to take coming out of a store mid-day...a little freshened up Zaino yesterday, ride height I think having settled a bit more, and just...well...you know :AH-HA_wink:

Image00001.jpg

This just minutes after coming out of a Wawa to find an older lady & her husband circling 'ole G8, her going "what is it?...I love the color and how it looks..." and her husband standing, arms crossed, with "eh, it's just a G6..." Argh. But regardless while he stayed put she walked around further as I approached & wanted to see inside "does it have cupholders...well, you know..." and 3x "what is it...a Bonneville? A Grand Prix?" and by the end, and despite reading the trunk, still probably went home thinking it was a G6. Her husband told her not to bother me--hah--and she told him she just wanted to see it because she loved the color & looks and "that could be what I want...one of those". The odd part, to me at least, is everytime this happens anymore, it's never about "it's a shame Pontiac is done" but rather "what is it...how do you like it...I want one...it's so nice..." without even a mention of that. Kind of like people missed it, somehow.