Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Will it blend? Not if CARB has anything to say about it

12 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Government/Legal

party-blender-280op.jpgWill it blend? If the answer is no - as was the case with the boron steel used to create the latest Ford Fiesta - perhaps all that's needed is a more powerful blender (insert appropriate Tim Allen-esque grunting sounds here) complete with handlebars and a twist-grip throttle? Enter the Party Blender, which uses a gas-powered engine in lieu of a standard wimpy plug-in electric motor.

Unless you live in California, that is. Earlier this month, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) fined On the Edge Marketing from Orange County and CSK Auto Inc. from Phoenix, Arizona a whopping $240,000 for selling the blenders in the Far-Left State. Says CARB chairperson Mary D. Nichols:
Gasoline-powered blenders may be this year's tailgate sensation, but drinkers should not be polluting our air while having a good time.

So, let's get this straight... gas-powered blenders are A-OK, just so long as they aren't powered by two-stroke engines from China that aren't approved for sale in California? Does this sound strange to anybody else?

[source: LA Times]

REPORT: Will it blend? Not if CARB has anything to say about it originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=FYSW6B6ojS0:A76WEVThI0M:wF9xT autoblog?i=FYSW6B6ojS0:A76WEVThI0M:V_sGL
FYSW6B6ojS0

View the full article

California deserves itself.

In a lot of ways, yes we do. But do we really need to be looked at as looney just because we don't want some motorcycle weed eater blender in the hands of tailgaters?

How many have been sold there?

Maybe 25?

50?

Let's get real about priorities, those silly blenders will make exactly zero difference in California air quality. So, the CARB response is absurd on the face of it, and symptomatic of the bureaucratic excesses such agencies are so prone to.

The issue isn't if the blender is stupid or cool, the issue is that California pays people (while it's broke, mind you) to look into stuff like this.

The issue isn't if the blender is stupid or cool, the issue is that California pays people (while it's broke, mind you) to look into stuff like this.

+1

They have bigger issues. and besides if some one wants to use a electric blender they know have to either run a generator which burns more gas or plug it to a car that burns gas to charge the battery or plug it in to the grid that uses more and and wastes more energy than either the blender generator or car will ever use.

maybe i would be more sympathetic to CARB if they didn't kill EV1. They should not have folded to political pressure if there Main purpose is to really protect the environment rather than fulfill personal agendas.

Thank you CARB. This POS needs to stay away from here.

I think it is awesome, and just because you said that I am making one. I have some spare parts lying around that will do nicely. :scratchchin:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room