Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Officially Official: Kia drops pics of the U.S. spec 2011 Sorento

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Crossover, Kia

01-copy.jpg
2011 Kia Sorento - click above for high-res image gallery

Kia America has just dropped the first official pics and details of the next generation Sorento. We first saw images of the Korean market model several months back, and unsurprisingly, the version we get looks to be pretty much unchanged. The Sorento is making the transition from midsize body-on-frame SUV to unibody crossover as it also comes to America for production. The handsome CUV will be the first product coming from Kia's new West Point, GA factory, with the line cranking up in November.

The new Sorento picks up about 4 inches in length and 3 inches in girth compared to the outgoing model. That, along with the new structure has allowed Kia to add a third row seat, although in a vehicle that is still only 184.4 inches long, those extra two seats will probably only be usable by small children.

For the first time, the Sorento will offer a four-cylinder engine in the lineup, a 172 horsepower, 2.4-liter unit in addition to the 273 hp 3.5-liter V6. We're guessing that the public will get its first look at the Sorento at either the Los Angeles or Detroit Auto Show in December, be we expect to get our mitts on it for a review before that. Either way, Kia tells us the Sorento will go on sale in January. Thanks to Keldon for the tip!

Gallery: 2011 Kia Sorento

06-1253792849_thumbnail.jpg01-1253792850_thumbnail.jpg03-1253792851_thumbnail.jpg04-1253792852_thumbnail.jpg02-1253792853_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Kia]

Continue reading Officially Official: Kia drops pics of the U.S. spec 2011 Sorento

Officially Official: Kia drops pics of the U.S. spec 2011 Sorento originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=0t8c5wtA6Zs:Um2MyXgpyC0:wF9xT autoblog?i=0t8c5wtA6Zs:Um2MyXgpyC0:V_sGL
0t8c5wtA6Zs

View the full article

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but it is quite handsome looking. I think Kia has finally got it all together. That ex-Audi designer has really done a great job with alot of the new stuff...

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but it is quite handsome looking. I think Kia has finally got it all together. That ex-Audi designer has really done a great job with alot of the new stuff...

It's interesting..clean and modern overall, unique grille treatment, strong family resemblance w/ the Forte and Cee'd. Kind of derivative, though, in some details...I see Acura in the headlight clusters and maybe some Suzuki XL7 in the D-pillar.

what are you guys smoking?

this is derivitive, dull, bland, and a complete missed opportunity for Kia. They did not take their time to give it styling that it needed. saying it looks like an XL7 is not flattery!

One kudo.....manual trans available with 4 cylinder on base model. that alone may get me to look at it if i can get a third row with it.

Edited by regfootball

this is derivitive, dull, bland, and a complete missed opportunity for Kia. They did not take their time to give it styling that it needed.

Maybe, but it has a strong family resemblance to the newer Kia products, and it is much better looking than the stylistically challenged RAV4 and CR-V.

Looks decent. Not a big standout design, but not ugly either. Kia can do just fine with reasonably ok looking vehicles if they're cheap enough.

The body looks very derivative, but what doesn't these days? The headlights, just like the Forte, look like a rip from TSX/Civic. It's a very unoffensive and mildly attractive design, while not taking any risks styling-wise.

Maybe, but it has a strong family resemblance to the newer Kia products, and it is much better looking than the stylistically challenged RAV4 and CR-V.

yes you are right there on both counts

The body looks very derivative, but what doesn't these days? The headlights, just like the Forte, look like a rip from TSX/Civic. It's a very unoffensive and mildly attractive design, while not taking any risks styling-wise.

So, in other words, "This is my post. Like all others, it must have a connection to Honda. Thank you."

I tend to think it looks more like a former Mazda than anything else.