Official 9-5 Image

It looks like Saab is moving away from those Saab vertical openings on each side of the grill.

[post="4842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Look closely. They're there. ;)

It could be worse... but, still, I don't think it has enough substance. At $40K, people want the best... good character won't cut it. Who'd buy one over an E-class, A6, or 5-series?

[post="5054"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Owners of '99-'05 SAAB 9-5s...

Hmmm...it looks really good in the ams pictures. I like it. I think it's amazing how Saab can manage such detail changes that change the overall appearance of the car just enough to make it look fresh. It looks pretty good, I like the wagon a lot.

I'm with Northstar, I really don't know what to think. Part of me is happy the 9-5 is finally being updated but the other half is wondering why Saab had to choose this design for the update. The major feeling I get from the pictures is "cheap," especially the first photo in Harley's post. Edited by sciguy_0504

It looks like Saab is moving away from those Saab vertical openings on each side of the grill.

[post="4842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They still have the same basic styling elements but the side-grille openings have been paired wiht thre headlights. I like it. Not awsome but not bad either.

Uhh...this is not, at all, going to help Saab make a comeback. First of all, it is just a redesigned front and rear. Nothing is truly different. What this Saab needs is a makeover from the ground up with diesel, hybrid, and V-6 powertrain choices. I am very disappointed in Saab. This looks absolutely nothing like what the sketches showed us. Guess those budget cuts at GM are set to continue...for the best, and for the worst.

Being in GM's shoes, I would have redirected the 250 mil spent on the Caddy BLS (set for europe) and spent it on a brand new and very well deserved 9-5 with an AWD capable platform to compete with the likes of the G35 AWD and audi. As for powertrain, they have bumped up the 2.3L High o/p Turbo 4 banger to 260HP and not shure of torque. All other engines remain the same as far as I know.... As for the facelift, well the car needed to be redone overall with the 250 mil. but this is seems like another of those act before you think brain farts that GM seems to have.....

Being in GM's shoes, I would have redirected the 250 mil spent on the Caddy BLS (set for europe) and spent it on a brand new and very well deserved 9-5 with an AWD capable platform to compete with the likes of the G35 AWD and audi.

As for powertrain, they have bumped up the 2.3L High o/p Turbo 4 banger to 260HP and not shure of torque. All other engines remain the same as far as I know....
As for the facelift, well the car needed to be redone overall with the 250 mil. but this is seems like another of those act before you think brain farts that GM seems to have.....

[post="8260"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That would have been the smart thing to do. You know GM though, rarely were they smart before recently. Imagine the revolution a brand new cutting-edge Saab would have caused for Trollhaten. They are beggin for it, and thier talent is just oozing with potential.

That would have been the smart thing to do. You know GM though, rarely were they smart before recently. Imagine the revolution a brand new cutting-edge Saab would have caused for Trollhaten. They are beggin for it, and thier talent is just oozing with potential.

[post="8438"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree, they need lots more funding put into Saab so they can raise a nice refined breed of vehicles for the next generation of cars that come out from Saab.

i was kinda disapointed with those first pics, if u guys look at the other pics posted later on it looks alot better. im neutral on this one, its not offensive or ugly but its not impressive either.

[post="6548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You just described 87% of the cars on the market in 2005. Bland and stagnant designs suck!

You just described 87% of the cars on the market in 2005. Bland and stagnant designs suck!

[post="9212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You know what's REALLY weird? My parents, the most vanilla people on the planet... every wall in the house is a shade of beige, nothing bold, never... recently started looking for a new car. They absolutely hated the LeSabre--thought the interior was SO cheap and then they hated the LaCrosse because it was too small... etc etc...

Well, my parents actually said, "Cars today are just so boring... no chrome... no style... man, you should have seen the cars when I was your age. They were beautiful."

For my parents to make a comment like that, well, then there really are some damn bland cars out there.

Hey, I am pretty conservative myself with styling, but even I like a little bit of excitement and style in my cars.