Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Quick Spin: 2009 Porsche Cayenne Diesel delivers torque and efficiency with negligible compromise

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Performance, SUV, Porsche, Diesel

cayenne_diesel_05-620op.jpg
Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Click above for high-res image gallery

Porsche sells no fewer than seven different Cayenne models in the U.S. All share the same unibody platform and permanent all-wheel drive system, but each is differentiated by its powerplant, brakes, suspension, and accessory list. Whether you are a blasé soccer mom or an exec hell-bent on embarrassing the dude in the sports car at the traffic light, if you're willing to write the check, Porsche has a Cayenne model with your name on it.

The selection is generous, but there is something missing from the mix. As of right now, all North American-bound models have an appetite for premium unleaded fuel. With the price of high-test wavering on the expensive side, Porsche has been diligently engineering hybrid and diesel-powered Cayenne models to significantly reduce pain at the pump.

While the automaker has announced the sale of Hybrid Cayenne next year, it's on the fence about offering the diesel model on this side of the Atlantic. Proudly showing off its latest wares, and teasing us with what we can't have, Porsche let us sample a Euro-spec Cayenne Diesel model... on our own turf.

Continue reading Quick Spin: 2009 Porsche Cayenne Diesel delivers torque and efficiency with negligible compromise

Quick Spin: 2009 Porsche Cayenne Diesel delivers torque and efficiency with negligible compromise originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=QpkpT4uGdRg:DJ7tsnPLK2I:wF9xT autoblog?i=QpkpT4uGdRg:DJ7tsnPLK2I:V_sGL
QpkpT4uGdRg

View the full article

... an exec hell-bent on embarrassing the dude in the sports car at the traffic light, if you're willing to write the check, Porsche has a Cayenne model with your name on it.

I still think the premium required to own one of these ugly things is an awful lot of money to look like a complete tool.

I still think the premium required to own one of these ugly things is an awful lot of money to look like a complete tool.

If you can afford a $130,000 SUV, you can afford the gas!

Not everyone thinks it's ugly though. I like how it looks, and wouldn't mind owning one, if I had that kind of money.

Not everyone thinks it's ugly though. I like how it looks, and wouldn't mind owning one, if I had that kind of money.

I agree - I find them pretty good looking...I am actually looking for one for a friend who wants one in Nordic Gold - Bright orange to you and I.

I have to tip the scales back to the dark side it looks like a hideous toad whereas the 911 looks like the frog prince that it is, redeep redeep. The BMW 5 SUV is my cup of foreign tea.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room