NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: PCRides launches licensed Dodge Charger SRT8 desktop computer

7 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Technology, Dodge, Toys/Games, Design/Style

charger_computer-630.jpg
PCRides Charger SRT-8 computer click above for gallery

It would be understandable, should you be lucky enough to occupy your driveway with a Dodge Charger SRT8, that the car would occupy your thoughts more often than something more bland. For high-style computing, many turn to the folks at Apple, but that's just one design direction. PC Rides has an altogether different number cruncher for those of you with a browsing history full of automotive websites.

No, it doesn't have a Hemi, but the PC Rides Charger SRT8 computer uses an Intel Core2Duo processor packed inside a unique form factor. The front bumper hides the tray for the optical drive, and out back are all the gozintas and gosoutas, which cover most bases with DVI, HDMI, six USB ports, audio, network, and VGA.

As you'd hope, appropriate SRT colors are available - no beige box here - and prices range from $1850 to $2495, depending on the level of performance you desire. The headlights fire up when the computer is on, and when the hard drive is moving data, the taillights flash, which might get annoying fast. Call it silly, but since it's an official Dodge licensed product, Chrysler calls it cash flow. Head on over to PC Rides to check out all the details, or check out the company's Facebook page instead. Gallery below, official press release posted after the jump.

[source: PCRides.com]

Continue reading PCRides launches licensed Dodge Charger SRT8 desktop computer

PCRides launches licensed Dodge Charger SRT8 desktop computer originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=3PMEsi4kfGI:KypgtOFGGzI:wF9xT autoblog?i=3PMEsi4kfGI:KypgtOFGGzI:V_sGL
3PMEsi4kfGI

View the full article

Dodgefan, your computer is ready.

(ok, we all saw that one coming)

1850 to 2500 bucks for a Core2 CPU and what looks to be a lousy graphics option? You'd have to be some kind of idiot to buy this thing.

1850 to 2500 bucks for a Core2 CPU and what looks to be a lousy graphics option? You'd have to be some kind of idiot to buy this thing.

people that love cars more than that find a decent pc very useful....?

sorry, I can't see overpaying for a mediocre at best PC from a company that can't even get their website to work.

It looks cool I admit, bu t the price is nuts and I bet my computer is faster. :P

I mean as a novelty its cool, but it should be more like $800-$1,000.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor