Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BMW Lovos concept makes Chris Bangle look drab

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, BMW, Design/Style, Alternative Fuel

bmw-lovos-concept.jpg
BMW Lovos Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery

It must be fun to be a car designer. Unless, of course, your name becomes synonymous with a specific styling trend that very few seem to appreciate... but we digress. It definitely seems that 24-year-old Pforzheim University graduate Anne Forschner had a good time coming up with her BMW Lovos concept, which can alternatively look either like a frightened porcupine or svelte salmon, depending on its needs at the time.

The exterior of the Lovos - which somewhat ironically stands for Lifestyle of Voluntary Simplicity - is theoretically constructed from just one fully exchangeable part that recurs 260 times. Each exterior piece is covered in solar photovoltaic cells and can hinge on a substructure underneath to follow the sun or act as individual airbrakes. We can only assume the concept would be powered by electricity, as it makes our hairs stand up on end.

See the concept in all its glory in our gallery below and check out the rest of the story (in Russian or translated) at cardesign.ru. Thanks for the tip, Greg!

[source: cardesign.ru]

BMW Lovos concept makes Chris Bangle look drab originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=VHUmbYoH7RA:lW5QrV0d1E8:wF9xT autoblog?i=VHUmbYoH7RA:lW5QrV0d1E8:V_sGL
VHUmbYoH7RA

View the full article

Inspiration needs no limits.

LSD inspired plenty of things, but few of them caught on. Sometimes art is so terribly disappointing. I mean, sure, there are plenty of cars outside of the realm of function; however, extremely few are so far outside that realm to even have purpose. To summarize my position, that thing be phuckin' ugly.

Ooo, but the NASCAR pics made me wonder how spectacular this thing would look at highway speeds after hitting something and turn into a million pieces! Now THAT'S art!

Edited by ShadowDog

I LOVE it.

I'm starting to get bored with traditional automotive aesthetics. I love this for the same reason I love the GINA concept. I want to see more stuff like this that is more organic and less architectural.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish