Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trinacriabob

Which mid-size Ford product do you like better?

Which mid-size Ford product do you like better?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Fusion, Milan or MKZ?

• Ford Fusion
    • Mercury Milan
    • Lincoln MKZ

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Ok, I was looking at Fusions last night. No, I'm not going to buy one. I drive my cars into the ground....or try to. Tonight, I stopped by a Lincoln-Mercury dealership. I saw a Milan in Sport Blue Metallic with an 4 cylinder. Beautiful. Then I look into the showroom. Though I don't like black cars, there was a black Milan with a beige leather interior on the floor and I was looking at it in 3/4 view from the front. It's a knockout. Lincoln MKZs were there, too, but what's the point? Of these three, the Milan wins. The new grille with the chrome band at the top is fantastic.

I am not a sedan guy, a dying breed, I guess, seeing how my choices seem to dwindle year by year. Of the three, the most fun seems to be the Fusion SE 2.5L/six speed manual. One step up from base, so it's not sparse, and it has a sporty attitude. I do like the Milan, but to get the manual you have to go bare bones, trim level-wise. The MKZ? I wish they could have spent a little more to differentiate it, maybe the back half of the greenhouse and the rear door above the belt, just to better hide its familial look.

Ideally, a Fusion or Milan coupe would be the one I'd gravitate toward. The existing triplets are all nice though, even if guys my age might see Granada/Monarch/Versailles, 30 years on.

Midsized FWD sedans aren't my target genre, but of the 3, the MKZ would be my pick...I like the restyled front end, think it would make a great commuter car w/ the nicest interior and most content.

For 2006-2009, it was the MKZ, with Milan second and Fusion third.

For 2010+, Fusion comes first, Milan second, and MKZ third. The new wing grille doesn't seem to work very well on the MKZ, IMO. If the Milan had a coupe model equipped with the Duratec 35, I'd be all over it.

I am not a sedan guy, a dying breed, I guess, seeing how my choices seem to dwindle year by year. Of the three, the most fun seems to be the Fusion SE 2.5L/six speed manual. One step up from base, so it's not sparse, and it has a sporty attitude. I do like the Milan, but to get the manual you have to go bare bones, trim level-wise. The MKZ? I wish they could have spent a little more to differentiate it, maybe the back half of the greenhouse and the rear door above the belt, just to better hide its familial look.

Ideally, a Fusion or Milan coupe would be the one I'd gravitate toward. The existing triplets are all nice though, even if guys my age might see Granada/Monarch/Versailles, 30 years on.

can't recall if i mentioned this earlier. Ford now has a sport package available, 895 bucks. either a chrome or body color grille, sport seat treatment, sport suspension, 18" wheels. so you can now get the 2.5/6 speed with a tighter suspension supposedly.

i know when i drove the 010 fusion a few months back, it felt nice and refined and capable but it was what you would call sporty. definitely tuned for comfortable and quiet cruising. i am guessing this sport package for the non Fusion Sport models is so those who want to zing up the ride a bit for a little cash, is a nice option. i will probably go try for a test drive on that sport package soon.

Edited by regfootball

o rly? I'll have to check into that.

I definitely like the MKZ the best, but the Fusion is a very close second. I think the Milan looked better before the update...it just looks off to me.

Ford%202010%20WT3%201.jpg

o rly? I'll have to check into that.

yeah. the 09 models had that sport package. the 010's it just took awhile to get into their production. you can choose from chrome grille or monochrome body color. the 18" wheels are blacked out. the seats are black with red stitching i think. it only is available with 4 colors. but indeed the understanding i have is that the suspension is indeed more sporty.

Monochrome Appearance Package

Package available in: Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic,

Sterling Grey Metallic, Sangria Red Metallic exterior colors

with Charcoal Black interior only (SE and SEL)

Body Colored Grille

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/v/2010...sion/?g2_page=2

all that's missing is heated seats and the ecoboost engine

2010%20Ford%20Fusion%20Monochrome%202.jp

Edited by regfootball

ok, so blu, the MSRP on a 2010 Jetta wolfsburg, with a turbo and manual / leatherette is like 23,100 ....or a 2010 fusion manual, sport package, sun and sync, 23,500.......

which one is more inviting?

the Jetta will be quicker and more Germanic. the Fusion will have additional size and not quite so melted styling. both cars are about the same price.

what say you

I will not pretend to not love the way a VW drives, I should know, I've had 4. But I have not been as much in a fever over the current car because of the melted look. So I will say Fusion, and that sport package is just wicked. Once der neu Jetta hits our shores, though, a reevaluation is in order.

Thanks for posting those pics, mr. ball, that is one sporty Ford! hellOOOOO, GM... where's your sport package Malibu?

MKZ all the way... (If only it were still called Zephyr instead of a dumb alphabet soup name)

It looks even more beautiful with the awesome new Lincoln face.

The Fusion, although attractive, just doesn't sit well with me. The grille is too much and looks too 'tacked on' to an old design. The tail is too droopy and along with the weighty looking wheels, seems like an afterthought.

The Milan is nice, but IMO the MCE didn't go far enough. It looks like the OLD car that's had plastic surgery.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I will not pretend to not love the way a VW drives, I should know, I've had 4. But I have not been as much in a fever over the current car because of the melted look. So I will say Fusion, and that sport package is just wicked. Once der neu Jetta hits our shores, though, a reevaluation is in order.

Thanks for posting those pics, mr. ball, that is one sporty Ford! hellOOOOO, GM... where's your sport package Malibu?

i thought you would like those pics, ocn.

that black one has actually got me rethinking wanting a black car.

i know what you mean about the melted Jetta look. It is a turnoff. The 010 Golf looks a little crisper, and let me tell you, the 010 GTI interior is awesome. Even the basic Golf will be 98% as nice, it remains a dark horse in the back of my mind. All they need now is a good 160hp non turbo four and a six speed in the 4 door Golf. Can't afford a diesel, or a GTI. If pushed i may have to consider a 2 door Golf. This is of course if GM doesnt bring an attractive compact to the states soon.

in which case the Fusion sport package becomes almost a default choice for me. i hope the ecoboost engine is an option in this thing soon.

Malibu really sadly needs one euro trim package and an optional stick. the LNF 2.0 turbo and stick would be exactly the thing it needs to become a passat killer.

Edited by regfootball

Oddly enough I think of the Golf as a small car and the Fusion as midsized.

I prefer the Fusion to the Jetta and the Golf to any current domestic small car.

That may change when the new Focus comes out.

Chris

Good catch...I didn't see the Olds look thing, but I see it now.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Chris

Oddly enough I think of the Golf as a small car and the Fusion as midsized.

I prefer the Fusion to the Jetta and the Golf to any current domestic small car.

That may change when the new Focus comes out.

Chris

i only mentioned the jetta wolfsburg and fusion w/ app pkg in the same post because they both had the same price. a, which of the two 23k msrp cars do you buy?

a friend of mine bought a jetta wolfsburg about 7 years ago, turbo, it was in the shop ALL THE TIME. NEVER AGAIN on VW he says.

being a Mercury fan(atic) and having the chance to tie the voting

I couldn't resist choosing the MILAN :D

(you need to see one in person! it's a subtle design that pix don't capture)

but

in all fairness, imho these are probably the 3 most equally attractive cars that Fomoco has ever produced icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

post-449-1254362646.jpg

Edited by 2b2

I'd go with the Fusion. It has the most presence of the three. Unlike the old Fusion which sort of blended inw ith teh crowd, this one doesn't. That front end really works wonders, as does the overall look of the Sport. Even the Hybrid has presence though, and no other hybrid ons ale now can say that.

Ford%202010%20WT3%201.jpg

yeah. the 09 models had that sport package. the 010's it just took awhile to get into their production. you can choose from chrome grille or monochrome body color. the 18" wheels are blacked out. the seats are black with red stitching i think. it only is available with 4 colors. but indeed the understanding i have is that the suspension is indeed more sporty.

Monochrome Appearance Package

Package available in: Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic,

Sterling Grey Metallic, Sangria Red Metallic exterior colors

with Charcoal Black interior only (SE and SEL)

Body Colored Grille

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/v/2010...sion/?g2_page=2

all that's missing is heated seats and the ecoboost engine

2010%20Ford%20Fusion%20Monochrome%202.jp

Fusion all the way! I'd buy one in a heartbeat! As far as mid-sizers go, I like the Fusion and the new Bu'.......

Loving that package!

I'd go for the Fusion. While the Milan is nice, nobody knows what a Mercury is so its resale might suffer, especially if Ford pull the plug on the brand. The MKZ, in my view, isn't a real Lincoln - more of a Cimarron than CTS, if you know what I mean.

A white Fusion hybrid with Sport lower grill, side skirts, and 18" wheels would be nice. Or a white SE manual.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0