Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Chrysler will be in charge of Fiat 500 distribution

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Hatchback, Chrysler, Fiat

80_fiat_abarth500_essesse.jpg
2010 Fiat 500 Abarth SS - Click above for high-res image gallery

It looks like the 300 might be joined by a 500 in Chrysler showrooms. According to Chrysler CEO and head of sales for all Chrysler Group brands, Peter Fong, the Pentastar will be in charge of Fiat 500 distribution in the States, and unlike the ill-fated Chrysler TC by Maserati, the tag isn't expected to read "Chrysler 500 by Fiat." Because of its relatively low volume, Chrysler doesn't see the need to build a separate dealer network for the retro runabout. Instead, Chrysler dealers will just be adding a Fiat 500 corner in their showrooms.

According to Autoweek, about 80 percent of Chrysler dealers are currently offering Dodge and Jeep lines as well as Chryslers, so adding Fiat shouldn't be too difficult. Chrysler will start building the 500 at their Toluca, Mexico plant in late 2010 or early 2011 according to AW's supplier source. Of the 100,000 units Chrysler plans to build in Mexico, one-third are expected to go to Brazil, who has a free trade pact with Mexico, and as production ramps up, Chrysler is expected to offer the entire 500 lineup eventually. That means we stand a good shot at seeing the hatchback, convertible, wagon and Abarth versions here in the Colonies. We'll take an Abarth SS. No, a Giardiniera. Can you build us an Abarth SS Giardiniera, please?

[source: Autoweek]

REPORT: Chrysler will be in charge of Fiat 500 distribution originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=PlZB2byZ3IM:Slhdpy8S-2U:wF9xT autoblog?i=PlZB2byZ3IM:Slhdpy8S-2U:V_sGL
PlZB2byZ3IM

View the full article

So they bring this car to the US as a Fiat. I guess this can work.

So they bring this car to the US as a Fiat. I guess this can work.

Me too.

Yay for cool small cars! I hope we get the Abarth too.

If they are priced right, they are going to sell the hell out of these cars. They're incredibly good looking in person for being a little car.

How many horsepowers will find you running to Chry dealership?

smart move (no pun) to keep the fiat name. this will build traffic for chrysler. great decision.

maybe this is why ram becomes a brand. chrysler showrooms become distribution networks for several brands. then they don't have to sell dodge brands elsewhere to sell the trucks