Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

How I'm seeing things

Camino LS6

Wouldn't parting out the mothertruck make more sense than trying to sell it whole?

Maybe I asked that before, sorry if I did...

Chris

Perhaps, but it would require more work than completing it would. I'd guess that I'd net more money at the final tally, but it would come in dribs and drabs.

Also, I just don't have the heart to do that.

(enter sarcasm mode)

Better than the Yaris, 'blu. Over on the VW TDI club they have pics of a VW showcar that could do the trick. Volkswagen built a special "Barbie" edition Bug ragtop that is bright metallic pink with a pink and white interior and pink accents on the wheels and motor. It even comes with a giant makeup kit for the trunk.

How could someone ever want something like a GTO over that?

Perhaps our good brother Camino could branch out from GM, eh?

(exit sarcasm mode)

Chris

Couple of Lexus coupes like that showed up at a local Ford dealer as Cash for Clunkers trade ins.

Broke my heart...NOT!

Seriously, I'd suggest driving a Mustang for serious consideration and an RX-8 for some fun. That's all the real input I have.

Chris

Camino would a new Z28 Camaro be to your liking? It would be rare like you Firehawk and certainly wicked fast not to mention cool.

To my liking?

Yes, of course.

But this thread is actually about the next recent used car that I will buy . Not about a new car.

At least it started out that way. :lol:

I am gonna get those two sometime soon. A pristine 2005 CTS-V goes for about $23 large and a low mile 2003 Z-06 goes for around $25 large. The concerns right now are getting some dough, ridding of the rondel and convincing the significant other then we are in business as simple as that. :D

I like the LS6 for the fact that it has tremendous upgradibility of LS1 yet being exotic and rare. Remember the C5 Z06 had titanium muffler and exhaust, which GM did not put on C6 Z06 to save the costs. The stability control is dialed down a notch and the car is not nearly nervy as the C6Z06. Performance wise C5 Z06 was a pinnacle at its time with Le Mans victory for all the years except 2003 when it was active as a C5R.

I am gonna get those two sometime soon. A pristine 2005 CTS-V goes for about $23 large and a low mile 2003 Z-06 goes for around $25 large. The concerns right now are getting some dough, ridding of the rondel and convincing the significant other then we are in business as simple as that. :D

I like the LS6 for the fact that it has tremendous upgradibility of LS1 yet being exotic and rare. Remember the C5 Z06 had titanium muffler and exhaust, which GM did not put on C6 Z06 to save the costs. The stability control is dialed down a notch and the car is not nearly nervy as the C6Z06. Performance wise C5 Z06 was a pinnacle at its time with Le Mans victory for all the years except 2003 when it was active as a C5R.

Back when I had my GTO, I seriously considered upgrading it to LS6 spec.

So, yeah.

The idea has me thinking.

I wonder what the pricing on all of these possibilities will look like in a year and a half.

Opinions?

Depending on MY. If you are looking at C5-Z06 of 2003 MY. It has depreciated from $29K to $25K over last 2 years. It will hold pretty steady. 2005 CTS-V depreciated from $34K in 2007 to $25K now. Although people do not know this car and it can be on the lots for a while and you can get a great deal for $23k or so. So I think you can think of losing about a grand or so for the Z06 and about a couple of grands on the CTS-V.

I really like the idea of a C5 Z06.

Like that even better than the GTO and the Mustang, actually now that I think about it.

Chris

I would prefer the GTO over a C5 Corvette. You can get them for the same price or cheaper, usually with lower miles, and a few years newer. The interior is nicer, and there is only a small difference in performance.

And I feel like the LS2 is superior to both the LS1 and LS6.

Edited by CaddyXLR-V

I would prefer the GTO over a C5 Corvette. You can get them for the same price or cheaper, usually with lower miles, and a few years newer. The interior is nicer, and there is only a small difference in performance.

And I feel like the LS2 is superior to both the LS1 and LS6.

Corvette is an order of magnitude better in the suspension department when driven hard.

I love the GTO, but I really love the idea of a C5 Z06. Esp. since Camino has already had a GTO.

Chris

To be fair, I think I'll have to include a 3 Series coupe as a possibility.

However remote.

You'll probably hate this idea, but google "clown shoe coupe" for the BMW 3 series.

They are really kind of funky looking, but very different. One of the guys in one of my car clubs has one, really kind of a neat car IMHO.

But again, maybe more my speed than yours.

Chris