Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Report: Penske-Saturn deal to close tomorrow

9 posts in this topic

Report: Penske-Saturn deal to close tomorrow

Reports out of Detroit indicate that the Roger Penske, who leads Penske Automotive Group, expects the deal for his company to acquire Saturn from General Motors, could close late tomorrow with a formal announcement from the two parties expected on Thursday.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Saturn dealers have been asked to sign new franchise agreements for their stores with Penske and that the automaker’s general manager, Jill Lajdziak, has asked for an early retirement package from GM. It is unclear whether Lajdziak would join Penske.

more at link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-penske-...e-tomorrow.html

Something is up with all of this. Dropped by my local Saturn store today, wonderful Silver Sky in the showroom

Anyhow...they said that GM will be providing them with cars for at least a year. GM hasn't just "stopped production" of Saturns as far as I know.

Saturns death seems very different from Pontiacs.

Chris

the info given regarding saturn is so changing everyday, who knows.

those saturn travel mugs and t shirts are cheap right now that's all i know....

This what I said long ago, link

http://www.saturnracinggroup.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1020

Re: Penske to buy Saturn from GM

by RjION on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:53 pm

I wish Roger well ........ and hope like hell he gets the dealers cars people want .... no more ASTRAs thats a good thing.

Ok thats what I want to say and thats how I want to feel.

Now this is what I think is going on.

Roger is buying Saturn?

Who in the world will sell him cars so he can put his SATURN name on them?

Why in the world would GM sell him cars to put the Saturn name on them?

Why in the world would anyone sell him cars so he can put his SATURN name on them?

Who wants to face added competition from Saturn?

This entire Roger/Saturn thing looks all to hokey to me.

This is all smoke and mirrors by GM. Roger is (giving time) helping out old friends sell off the large 2008 Astra inventory and whats left of the 2009's

Rj Maricopa

07 2.4L Sedan-White

07 2.2L Sedan-Silver

07 2.4L Sedan-Grey

EDIT TO ADD LINK

Edited by RjION

any chance there is still one loaded white XR five door astra manual for me yet?

You could have easily had one 3 years ago, when you first started talking about buying an Astra as your next car. The phrase "$h! or get off the pot" comes to mind.

You could have easily had one 3 years ago, when you first started talking about buying an Astra as your next car. The phrase "$h! or get off the pot" comes to mind.

Could have had any one you wanted a year ago, hey make that seven months ago. My oldest Daughter and Son in Law bought a red XR5 a couple months back (half of sticker). Daughter had been driving her 07 2.4L ION or 07 Tahoe. Son in law had been driving his F350 4X, and they wanted to cut costs (sold the F350). Now they have the ASTRA and fight over who is going to drive it, they both rather drive the ION-3.

Edited by RjION

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0