Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Honda CR-Z Gets Production-Intent Body For Tokyo [Tokyo Motor Show]

15 posts in this topic

500x_Honda-CR_Z-TOP.jpgHonda won't be unveiling the production version of their upcoming CRX-throwback hybrid-hatchbacked CR-Z at next month's Tokyo Motor Show. Instead, they'll reveal what we guess is the next best tease thing, the production-intent Honda CR-Z concept. Gallery below.

Honda's still calling this new 2009 version CR-Z a concept, but it's very clear this'll be the interior and exterior design we'll see when this little wedgie hits the showroom floor next year in Japan and sometime after that here in the United States.

We're still expecting to see the 1.5-liter four-banger under the hood mated to Honda's Integrated Motor Assist hybrid powertrain with a six-speed manual rather than the CVT from the Insight hatchback. Whatever's under the hood, we're happy to see the CR-Z's form factor over the Insight any day of the week.

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=XYE4qIxvY64:XPXZqBS8DAc:D7DqB2pKE full?i=XYE4qIxvY64:XPXZqBS8DAc:V_sGLiPBp
XYE4qIxvY64

View the full article

I like the styling.

it is at least very aggressive compared to say, the insight. and it's a 2 door.

Looks great, but Honda's front overhang is approaching W-body proportions. I hope it brings much beleaguered flavor into Honda's generic lineup.

Actually, I like it also!

Chris

I'm a fan. Cheap, fun to drive, efficient... makes perfect sense. This is the right application for IMA.

An inch and a half more ground clearance, 45 series tires, rear crash bumper, taller mirrors, and silver backed headlamps. Voila, this is the production car. Sort-of. Only, after all the production mods this car looks like just another plebeian ride.

Awesome. I'm so glad they're moving forward with this.

I really like it too. But i'll have to see it in person before passing final judgment.

I'm just curious as to how it'll drive with the IMA mated up to a 6MT... Might even end up being a fun to zip around in.

not too bad. dash sucks ass, aside from that its not terrible

I'm glad it gets a 6MT, but I wish it had the 1.8 or 2.0.

0-60 in 9s just isn't "Sporty".

Kinda cool..needs the S2000 engine.

Here's a thought--maybe next they will lift it up and do a ZDX-like CUV version. Create a new niche--hybrid 2 seat 3dr CUV. Call it CRX.

I do sort of like the design. Kudos to Honda for not flubbing this up like the CrossAMCEagleTour.

the rear end looks unfinished to me.

the rear end looks unfinished to me.

I don't know 'bout that any thing other than the TAILPIPE & it would be too busy. Sheezsh they are trying to be SOoooo green that thy hid the exhaust, & this is a sporty car? It needs a honkin FART can :smilewide: (thought we had a ricer emotion?) It will probably sound like a bread maker & be hailed as refined.