Jalopnik: Honda CR-Z Gets Production-Intent Body For Tokyo [Tokyo Motor Show]

NewsFeeder

500x_Honda-CR_Z-TOP.jpgHonda won't be unveiling the production version of their upcoming CRX-throwback hybrid-hatchbacked CR-Z at next month's Tokyo Motor Show. Instead, they'll reveal what we guess is the next best tease thing, the production-intent Honda CR-Z concept. Gallery below.

Honda's still calling this new 2009 version CR-Z a concept, but it's very clear this'll be the interior and exterior design we'll see when this little wedgie hits the showroom floor next year in Japan and sometime after that here in the United States.

We're still expecting to see the 1.5-liter four-banger under the hood mated to Honda's Integrated Motor Assist hybrid powertrain with a six-speed manual rather than the CVT from the Insight hatchback. Whatever's under the hood, we're happy to see the CR-Z's form factor over the Insight any day of the week.

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=XYE4qIxvY64:XPXZqBS8DAc:D7DqB2pKE full?i=XYE4qIxvY64:XPXZqBS8DAc:V_sGLiPBp
XYE4qIxvY64

View the full article

the rear end looks unfinished to me.

I don't know 'bout that any thing other than the TAILPIPE & it would be too busy. Sheezsh they are trying to be SOoooo green that thy hid the exhaust, & this is a sporty car? It needs a honkin FART can :smilewide: (thought we had a ricer emotion?) It will probably sound like a bread maker & be hailed as refined.