Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

October Car Spotters

ocnblu

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'blu...that new GTI has MY name on it...perhaps the one car on the planet that could talk me out of a Cobalt SS or a MINI Cooper S.

Chris

I'll take the twin...gray, plaid seats, DSG and sunroof...sign me up. One of the best and highest quality/refined little pocket rockets around. Fun, fun, car.

Z-06, that's a good idear, little bros would fill out the lineup nicely. Dealerships here are not open on Sundays, so no I didn't get to drive anything.

66 & cc, yes, that new GTI is Hella cool (the headlights even say so). The one pictured was MSRP $27k though, too much for me. I'd take mine with no options except sunroof to keep the price down, plus I think I prefer the smaller 17" rim. I wonder what colors the '10 model is available in? Damn it, I wish I weren't a po boy, I'd have me a nice car and a nice truck.

I'd prefer mine without the sunroof, actually.

Too much chasis flex with really sticky tires during an autocross.

Sadly, I think I'm no longer a Mustang guy. The new Camaro and Challenger just look SO much better to me than the new Mustang.

Saw a Dark grey 010 Camaro SS with cranberry colored stripes. AMAZING car.

Cars are like a drug to me, and the new Camaro is proving to be like Heroin, only more addictive. GM just nailed every design detail so well on that car, IMHO.

Visually, the new Camaro and the CTS (esp V!) are the coolest things to come out of GM since the SD 455 TA in 74. I am just in so much utter utter utter lust over that car.

Chris

I saw a car tonight on the freeway that I'm not really sure what it was. Maybe some kind of Callaway Corvette. Appeared to be a black C6 Corvette convertible, but it had a custom rear cap with a recessed, forward leaning taillight area w/ oval taillights similar to the C5 w/ a license plate between the lights. Hmmm..

a b59 chillin with a butternut yellow 138 chevelle in a bodyshop parking lot. the owner is a real car guy and currently traverses the county in a ford fairlane 500. both the buick and chevy need a resto, looks like the 59 took one on the Lt cheek at some point.

seen a guy driving a box chevy painted up black with orange flames and HD up and down it rollin on 24-26's. every time he had to come to a stop he would start turning the car back and forth in his lane in an effort that i can only assume was to bleed off speed. did it at 3 red lights in a row. hope he gets some adequate brakes soon...

No sir, sorry. I can tell you it is a Front-Wheel Drive, base model though.

Yeah, I knew it was a base model (SLE-1) by the 17" rim design. I have yet to see a Terrain with those rims - most of the dealers around me are ordering the SLT-1 (with the 18" rim seen onthe bluw one in your picture), with a few SLE-2 models showing up too (with the 18" rim), and I've yet to see a SLT-2 with the chrome, but they're all "on the way" I've been told. I'd like to see how nice (or not) those base 17" rims are. If you go back anytime soon... :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Yeah, I knew it was a base model (SLE-1) by the 17" rim design. I have yet to see a Terrain with those rims - most of the dealers around me are ordering the SLT-1 (with the 18" rim seen onthe bluw one in your picture), with a few SLE-2 models showing up too (with the 18" rim), and I've yet to see a SLT-2 with the chrome, but they're all "on the way" I've been told. I'd like to see how nice (or not) those base 17" rims are. If you go back anytime soon... :AH-HA_wink:

Local dealer has an SLT with the chrome rims. MSRP: $37k, in case you missed my post about it a while back. I dint take a pic of that one.

Edited by ocnblu

ocnblu, I hope you don't mind but I copied & pasted your two GMC Terrain pictures over at the Terrain Forum for others to see. If you'd like, I will remove them if you don't want them posted anywhere else. Here's a link to the website where they are posted if you care to see them in their new home :lol:

Well, I know I will see plenty of SLT-2 equipped Terrains, as Susan Docherty stated in the two webchats that SLT models will make up 60%-70% (if I'm remembering the percentages correctly) of the model trim mix. And the GMC dealerships I've been visiting are all waiting on SLT-2's to drop soon. I really want to see what the base model's 17" rim design looks like in real life.

Saw a 83-84 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz left over in the C4C lot of a Nissan dealership that was in beautiful condition. Since it was 4100 powered, I'm betting the dealer didn't bother wasting his $7 bottle of sodium silicate. With these cars, all you really need to clunk the engine is about 12 volts to the starter motor.

A silver G3. It's such a "sporty design" that I wasn't sure if it was an Aveo or not until I came to a stop behind it. And the whole time I was behind it, I kept thinking "no way, someone actually bought one of these things."

Also, there was a dark blue Bentley Continental parked in one of the student commuter lots a few days ago.

Maverick Silver '09 G8 GT Premium/Sport (just like mine, but silver) freshly arrived via dealer trade at the local dealer. They've only had (3) V6 models for a long time but apparently now someone locally wanted a new GT...or...I don't know. And it was, of course, unlocked. Pacific Slate is a special color and I wouldn't give it up, but on this car silver is also one of the best and I considered it a while back.

On the way to spin around this lot, sitting at a red light, saw really the only other "like mine" Panther Black/Onyx Premium/Sport G8 GT with black windows that a local shop owner has rolling down the highway...it's always weird/cool to see what I must look like rolling down the road, since otherwise I never, ever see another. Hot.

Also at the dealer the same yellow Camaro 2SS with ground effects they've now bizarrely had almost a month...they're not an over sticker dealer, and all other dealers Camaro's have come & gone in a few days max. Hmm.

Pacific Slate? I thought it was Stryker Blue?

Edit:

Never mind, I dunno why I thought it was Stryker, that's a lighter blue.

Actually, Pacific Slate is more dark green & teal than anything...though people more often than not just consider it blue, it gets marked on forms like that, etc. The only blue tones in it are the teal with the green, but alas. Stryker is an electric medium blue...looks neon, a lot of the time, and is very fitting of the car.

There are some very rare '08s that were Stealth Blue that changed from light blue to lavender to brighter blue to a few other tones depending on the light.

a white 2010 LaCrosse base (CX?) on a major 6-lane boulevard...

beautiful engine note as it pulled away from the light...

regardless, so damn happy to have mine, at a bargain basement price...

It seemed like a vintage car rally or get-together in a strip mall parking lot on 14 mile and Gratiot in Detroit yesterday. Saw a bunch of 1960's GM vehicle.

Saw one of these in blue in Clinton Township yesterday.

64dayjb.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen. :o

I was driving company vehicle - so could not flick my camera phone.

Saw a couple oldies on the freeway this morning, always an uncommon event...a sharp dark gray '70-72 Nova coupe and an all-white '64-66 Chevy pickup w/ cap.

Also saw a silver current style BMW M3 convertible, top down, not that unusual to see, but it had Alberta plates and two young guys in suits w/ shaved heads. Canadian mafia down in Phoenix on business? :CanadaEmoticon:

Also saw a CTS in a color I didn't recognize--thought it was black, but was a very dark wine/maroon red. Beautiful color.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It seemed like a vintage car rally or get-together in a strip mall parking lot on 14 mile and Gratiot in Detroit yesterday. Saw a bunch of 1960's GM vehicle.

You know, that is a sweet little Stude, sir. There is one like that, only a four door in a light copper metallic color that tools around this area, V8 burbling quietly. Always a treat to spy it.

Saw this... I have NO IDEA what it is...

1016091559.jpg

So can someone tell me what this is?

I think it's a British Vanden Plas Princess, a badge-engineered variation of the MG 1100 etc. There were also Austin, Morris, Riley and Wolseley versions. Matchbox made the MG version in 1:64th back in the '60s, have a couple in my collection.

BMC

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I heard a rumor back in July the police department in my city was going from P71 Crown Vic's to 9C1 Impala's. I was out for a walk and saw my first officer in a 2010 (no rear pillar badge), now I have to keep an eye out for them and the Vic's along with the few Expeditions they have. I wonder if they will swap for the new Caprice when it comes out? Anyways I am happy the cops, are now driving Chevys.

Also while on the walk spotted a fresh (with window sticker in it) White G8 V6 driven by a young couple.

Edited by gm4life

View from my kitchen.

garage.jpg

I found another 2-dr. Nova wagon conversion almost exactly like yours BP in either Octane Auto Classifieds or Auto & RV Trader not that long ago. Pretty strange odds of that happening I thought, especially in that type of publication.

I still think it's an awesome one-off.

Edited by whiteknight