October Car Spotters

ocnblu

That 2dr ht Nova wagon conversion is pretty slick..wonder if any one has built one using a 2dr sedan side window and B-pillar instead?

Saw 2 G8 GTs today--a dark red one this morning (hadn't seen that color, looks like a color I've seen on new Corvettes--really sharp dark red) and a silver one this afternoon..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out to fetch some takeout for dinner and saw a couple cars from widely different realities-- a very clean '76 Grand Prix, pale yellow w/ white top, Rally II wheels. Pretty sure it was a '76--rectangular headlights, pointy '30s style grille with narrow vertical grille bars...disco and 8 tracks. The other was a white Ford Transit Connect.

:wub: Beautyfull 2010 Colorado in Silver Green/Cashmere cloth, Z71 Crew Cab at one of the local dealers.

:( Price tag: $30k. The Chevrolet GMT355 Z71 package has become a loaded-only truck these days. It comes with everything on it a guy'd want, standard, with trailering package, leather and 5.3L the only RPOs, I think. GMC, AFAIK, still lets a customer order Z71 on the Canyon a la carte, with 4 cylinder and roll-up windows if you want it that way.

An extended cab Chevy Z71 4X4, no options: $28,855.:mellow:

A few pics from today's travels, prease enjoy long time:

aforementioned 2010 Steel Green Colorado Z71 crew:

100_0305.jpg

kablammo, once again:

100_0306.jpg

The Red Menace:

100_0308.jpg

Terrain SLE-1 wheel for Roger (MSRP $26,700+, no options, sweet ride nonetheless):

100_0309.jpg

LaCrosse CXL (MSRP $37k, nicely loaded machine):

100_0310.jpg

Saw a new Lexus HS for the first time..was in the lot in front of my office building when I came out this afternoon. One of those cars that looks uglier in person than in photos, dreadful proportions, worse than the average FWD generic, IMHO. But I'm sure affluent Genericans will buy plenty of them, since it has the coveted 'L' badge.

Saw a gray late model 5 dr Fiesta on the freeway, and the best sighting of the day, in my neighborhood, was a gorgeous pale blue '63 Olds Starfire ht...don't recall when I've ever seen one...pretty rare car, I think..

On my way from home to DC last night for an overnight stay, followed a matching white '08 G8 GT from near my house into town...still, always fascinated to see what the car looks like from an outsider's perspective. Cool.

This morning was truck morning..

Saw a current style Silverado w/ a stake bed this morning.. Haven't seen a stake bed on modern truck in a while, kind of neat..reminded me of a '60s farm truck, bright red cab w/ black bed.

Also saw a red current style Silverado that had every side body panel dented/mashed in, from the front bumper back to the taillights, and the tailgate was also denty.

Also a previous gen (GMT800?) Silverado with the right rear fender completely cracked out..some was still there around the taillight, but the outer fender was proably 80% cracked out..didn't realize they had plastic fenders.

Also saw a really clean lt. green and white two tone '73-75 Chevy longbed pickup.

While I was at the Chevy dealer getting my wagon inspected, one of those GMT800 sportsides was towed in.

The truck looks to have been sitting for quite a long time (filthy horizontal surfaces), but looks to be in pretty good shape. It also has a plow rig, and is inop at the moment.

Methinks it could be an opportunity knocking.

Saw two really sweet looking 70-72 Skylark two door hardtops, one forrest green, one kind of a reddish metallic/bronze color.

Made me miss cars of the 68-72 GM midsize era.

God I miss those cars!

Also, friend of a friend is restoring a Morgan three wheeler. Talk about an ODD car!

Chris

Also, friend of a friend is restoring a Morgan three wheeler. Talk about an ODD car!

Chris

Is that one of those funky ones with a V engine stuck on the nose?

Morgan.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A few pics from today's travels, prease enjoy long time:

aforementioned 2010 Steel Green Colorado Z71 crew:

100_0305.jpg

kablammo, once again:

100_0306.jpg

dang thats a good looking truck. all we got around here are the "fleet" specials.

this week i have spied these

1029091242.jpg

1029091241.jpg

yes... an avalanche with a camper top... i... dont... know.

and a van with aftermarket air

1023091959.jpg

i kinda feel bad bout that one though its been converted to wheel chair access on one side...

Headed north from work today for a doctor's appointment, and spotted a few worthy things.

1) Cyber Gray LT RS Camaro from Jersey cruising along, slicked hair guy driving puffing away on a cig...oh, it probably already reeks inside...but looked killer. This is exactly the combo, color and trim wise, I'd push my mother to get if she ever got serious about wanting one.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

2) Black SSR at the doctor's office, driven by a middle aged lady who turned out to be the wife of the owner of the local GM dealership up there--they were having flu shot day, I found out, and as I sat waiting her husband showed up in a new Suburban with dealer tags, daughter in a new Avalanche, and the rest of the staff in various other newer GM vehicles.

Image00004.jpg

3) White Kia Borrego. In the same parking lot and a Kia, but I rarely if ever see these mid-large BOF 7-passenger Kia ute's and this was the first one in a long while--not bad, looks or otherwise.

Image00005.jpg

4) Gold on tan '94 Fleetwood Brougham locally near work and otherwise, with the factory chrome wheels, cruising along--1 of 2 I regularly see anymore, and a very attractive car & combo despite my non like of tan/gold typically.

Image00006.jpg

I never cared for the combo on other cars, either... but I still like the Fleetwood like that... so I thought I look on eBay... one just like it cheap with no reserve... here.

4) Gold on tan '94 Fleetwood Brougham locally near work and otherwise, with the factory chrome wheels, cruising along--1 of 2 I regularly see anymore, and a very attractive car & combo despite my non like of tan/gold typically.

Image00006.jpg

I never cared for the combo on other cars, either... but I still like the Fleetwood like that... so I thought I look on eBay... one just like it cheap with no reserve... here.

It's a lot less dark gold in reality, which is good, versus this picture--and when this particular car is shined up as usual, chrome plated factory wheels to boot, it's really an eye catcher.

An end to the month...

Out shopping today looked ahead once I got back in my car and spotted something...a white G8 GXP. Given that I never see other G8's, seeing a GXP for the first time out in the wild was a treat, and I had to circle it. Local car from a local dealer but the first time. Cool.

Image00007.jpg

Then the same Fleetwood from last night at the grocery store I often run across it at, still dirty but a better view of the chromies. And again, it's not as dark of a gold as the iPhone makes it. Extremely well kept, old guy car.

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg