Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Officially Official: VW releases details on 2010 Golf, TDI up to 42 mpg hwy!

3 posts in this topic

Filed under: Hatchback, Volkswagen, Diesel

2010-golf-lake-frontright--large-630.jpg
2010 Volkswagen Golf - click above for high-res image gallery

Several weeks ago, a tipster stumbled across the web page for the 2010 Golf buried in Volkswagen's consumer website, giving us a preview of the some of the details of the U.S.-spec MK VI model. VW has now made that information official including pricing, options and EPA mileage numbers.

For 2010, U.S. Golf buyers will be able to choose from two engine options, the old 2.5-liter inline-five carried over from the MK V model and the 2.0-liter TDI that debuted last year in the Jetta. Gas engined Golfs have a starting tab of $17,490, and the better equipped TDI kicks off at $21,990. Why "better equipped," you ask? All TDI Golfs receive a new uplevel touch-screen audio system with Sirius satellite radio and mobile device interface. Diesels also get a special lowered sport suspension as standard fit. Unlike the 2009 Jetta TDI, DSG-equipped Golfs will also get steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

For 2010, Volkswagen has also managed to eek out improved EPA numbers,with the manual gas Golf getting a 22/30 mpg rating. The manual diesel reaches 30/41 mpg while the DSG diesel achieves 31/42 mpg - up 2 mpg from the 2009 Jetta.

[source: Volkswagen]

Officially Official: VW releases details on 2010 Golf, TDI up to 42 mpg hwy! originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=KZqgXgSxIH4:ps2cs4nV89w:wF9xT autoblog?i=KZqgXgSxIH4:ps2cs4nV89w:V_sGL
KZqgXgSxIH4

View the full article

TDI Golf is appealing. I have the brochure and i am loving the car. Sat in a 2010 GTI and the interior is amazing applied to this car.

Price on the TDI is a couple grand more than i would want it to be but i do understand the level of amenity in it. the sport suspension is a big help. a fun diesel?

New Golf i love it, is definitely high on my 'next car' list.

Reg, you and I may disagree on the Fit but we can agree on this.

With the sport suspension standard, I may just have to pay my local VW dealer a visit.

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0