Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Variance

2006 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Details Revealed

8 posts in this topic

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107032

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Details released by VW show the 2006 Jetta GLI will increase both passenger and trunk space over the 2005 model while also boasting a new engine.

The 2006 GLI will receive a 2.0-liter, 200-horsepower, turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 207 pound-feet of torque. This engine will be mated as standard equipment to a six-speed manual, although a six-speed DSG automatic with Tiptronic will be available.

The engine also includes drive-by-wire throttle control and FSI direct injection. The 2006 GLI's 0-to-60 time is 6.7 seconds, and its fuel economy is rated at 32 mpg for highway and 25 for city driving.

Other distinctive features include a standard sport suspension, black honeycomb-mesh grille, rear passenger-side GLI badge and optional 18-inch alloy wheels.

What this means to you: Despite the major changes in the 2006 Jetta, VW has remembered to appease the performance-minded.

Posted Image

Edited by VarianceJ30

so what's the price? discussion of it is pointless unless we know the price, edmunds, you asses. Edited by regfootball

so what's the price?

discussion of it is pointless unless we know the price, edmunds, you asses.

[post="5144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Where Edmunds fails, Variance succeeds ;) . (from VWVortex):

GLI pricing is at the bottom:

Posted Image

Options:

Posted Image

The one at my local VW dealership stickered for $28.9k. I don't remember which packages it had as options... but that is an outrageous price, imo. I like VWs, but I'd rather have a G6 GTP sedan if I were a four door guy.

For the price of a GLI, I 'd get a nicely equipped 2.0T Passat or a base 3.6 Passat. It's larger, more luxurious, and IMO, better-looking.

VW is really screwing up with the Jetta. It should be a somewhat luxurious compact car, in the $16-$23k range, not $18k for a "value edition".

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0