Anyone up for a C&G Meet & Tour in January...

C&G Meet and Tour of the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending a C&G Meet and Tour at the AACA Museum in Hershey, PA in January, 2010?

• Yes, I would love to attend.
    • Maybe, depends on how many people say yes.
    • No, I am not interested at this time.

*BUMP*

I know with all the action taking place due to NAIAS, this event is far from anyone's attention right now. But I am off from work on Monday and would like to use that time to make some plans, assuming the weather report is good. So I'm asking for anyone who's been on the fence about attending, please let me know if you're a "Yes" (weather pending)" or a "Maybe".

I still think this is possible for me, but given my usual unexpected developments as of late, can't be definite. I want to. Not sure if I absolutely can yet.

Did take the survey a week or so ago, though.

So some light snow is forecasted for Hershey Thursday & Friday, with Saturday being a mostly sunny, 38 degree day.

My plans have been altered a bit, so if this is a "go", then I will only be able to stay until 2:00 or 2:30 PM. I need to know at this point if you are definitely a YES or a NO. A tally would be good by tomorrow afternoon (say 1:00 PM?), so I can call the museum and ask about a group discount.

Lots of good things happening at the museum, plus some great collections are on display:

Special Exhibits:

- GM Futurliner

- 1953 Cadillac LeMans

- Camaro and Firebird Exhibit

1967 Chevrolet Camaro Big Block Convertible, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (all original, lowest mileage known ’67 Z28), 1967 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible, 1968 Chevrolet Camaro “USA 1” Drag Car (arrives Nov. 15th), 1968 Pontiac Firebird Sprint Convertible, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pace Car (real Festival car, not replica), 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – all original, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro COPO Car L78 427 Big Block (gold), 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL 1 (yellow – uniquely optioned), 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Baldwin Motion Custom Roadster, 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am, 1971 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (from 21 Tractor Trailer Muscle Car Find), 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Super Duty, 1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am (Burt Reynolds 1st Owner, first Y-84 model), 1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 (one owner), 1987 Pontiac Firebird Suntour Concept Car Prototype, 1989 Pontiac Firebird GTA Turbo/20th Anniversary/Indy Pace Car Replica, 1983 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (low mileage, original owner), 1994 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 25th Anniversary Model, 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Berger GMMG Performance Package, 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am WS-6 Ram Air (built last day of production), 2010 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 SS (Tom Henry Performance Package)

- Jewels of the JWR Museum Collection

1910 American Underslung Traveler, 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield Silver Ghost Piccadilly Roadster, 1932 Delage D8-SS Cabriolet by Chapron, 1939 Horch 853a Cabriolet, 1939/47 Rolls-Royce Phantom III ‘Vutotal’ Cabriolet by Labourdette, 1948 Delahaye 135M Cabriolet by Figoni et Falaschi and an original and unrestored 1911 Oldsmobile Limited 7 Passenger Touring vehicle

- 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS LS-6

The LS6 Chevelle represents a part of the ‘muscle car find’ in Wisconsin in 2006. This vehicle was found by following up on a long-rumored collection of muscle cars and Corvettes, as well as literally tons of parts, stored in semi trailers by a quiet man in his hometown.

- Stainless Steel Cars

1960 Thunderbird and a 1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible – both stainless steel

-Fast From The Past: The Competition Motorcycles of Yesteryear

Plus all of the vehicles in the permanent collection link

Please, post an update with either YES or NO. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I agree with you balthazar, I think a rescheduling is in order. Too many people backing out due to other obligations popping up last minute.

Our goal for the new date should be at least 10 people, that way we can get the group discounted rate of $7.50/person (vs. $10/person). Also, if we get 15 people to commit, for an extra $20 we can have a tour guide take us through the museum (I'm thinking that we may see more of the museum <like off-limits areas> this way). The tour guide has to be arranged 3 weeks prior to the date though. If we go that route, I may ask Drew to set-up a Paypal account for the members to pay in advance so we secure the tour guide.

Now the question... do we shoot for a Saturday date in February, when snow is still a possibility, or try for a Saturday date in March when snow, while still possible, may not be as threatening/likely?

I can't make it either, but sounds great on the re-schedule. Gotta see this place.

I'd say just move to February, but to get a bigger number, maybe just a bit more pre-notice. Toss up on February or March, but I'll say March. Let's just chatter possible dates & narrow down from there?

Well all I can guarantee is that I'll probably be out of a job sometime in Feb. So I have the possibility for loads of free time, but obviously the counter possibility of being a broke ass mother f**ker. The one other positive is that I'll be able to gloat over my Golf with a later trip, since the Golf is still in the garage and facing some downtime with my interior swap. I bet you are all happy for that one. :P

Here's a few shots from the AACA this weekend that a Tweep of mine snapped while there. Too bad...now even more...I GOTTA see this place.

http://tweetphoto.com/9526318

http://tweetphoto.com/9527544

http://tweetphoto.com/9528099

http://tweetphoto.com/9528290

http://tweetphoto.com/9528658

http://tweetphoto.com/9529045

http://tweetphoto.com/9529626

Too cool :AH-HA:

Well if those several pictures have got you interested, then be ready to be amazed at seeing the entire place in person! I've been there twice, once after it had opened and in January 2007. I wanted to go after the AACA Fall Meet last October, but the son and my dad were tired and ready to go home. I'm due for a visit, especially since the Futurliner is there for a limited time (before going back to Michigan). Most of those tweetphotos were taken in the basement of the museum, where the buses, trucks, and some odds-and-ends cars are on display (you can only imagine the main floor!). The pic of the Camaros & Firebirds is in the exhibit room of the main floor, where the display changes every couple of months. Those F-bodies and the Futurliner won't be there after April :AH-HA:

Oldsmoboi - what could be happening in the month of February that would not allow the group one Saturday for a trip to the museum?

• 4 weeks later...

Since we were talking about a potential March meet, and in that a date is totally unset @ this point, just want to put it out there that I am not going to be avaiable the first 2 weeks of March. Still interested in meeting up & seeing the stuff - hope something the latter half of the month works out (the later the better).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm passing the baton on to whomever would like to organize this event. I have too many other things going on right now (work, baby, professional organizations, etc) that are consuming my free time to arrange anything else. However, if the weekend works out for me, I will try to attend.