Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Join the C&G Frappr!

If you don't know what a Frappr is, its an interactive friend-mapping site. Just go here to our Frappr...

http://www.frappr.com/cheersandgears

...fill in your C&G Username and Zip code (and a little comment and picture if you choose) and volia!

I think it'll be neat to get a real representation of where everyone is. And, yes, works for Canadians, too, eh?

:CG_all:

Yeah, they've got me over by the park, totally the wrong side of town, althouth I think I've delivered to the house that my little marker is on. And that map is at least 3 years old, a lot of roads on there, in my area at least, have been re-named or re-routed and quite a few have been built connecting other roads.

Okay... everybody needs to view my frappr/profile/whatever-the-hell-it's-called. :D I've put in info, places, etc... I love this thing. It's cool. B) It's going to get used...

We... maybe not my places, must be private. :P Oh well.. still have my profile... Edited by blackviper8891

I did the same thing on automobileforum.com. it's a cool little thing. you can zoom dow to the streets to find that they put your location on the exact opposite side of town. :D At least its not as bad as one dude from the Vancouver Area that entered his zip code in and his flag ended up in the water a few miles somewhere off the coast of Victoria Island. Edited by Turbojett

I guess it's safe to say that, for the most part, C&G members follow the usual population pattern of North America. Black and Blue Landscaper I've only seen post on here a few times and he lives by me. Weird... Nice picture, though.

Um... I think where you view your frappr, on the map, it says you can click somewhere else on the map to move it. I'll have to recheck it, but I'm pretty sure that's all I had to do.. well, besides zooming in to get exactly where my house should sit. :D

EDIT... you have to go to "My Profile" first. There, is a map where it says that and you can change it. Edited by blackviper8891

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I'm in...

However, like others have already mentioned, it picks a random generic location when you enter the name of your city and such under location.

I ended-up in the middle of wheeler Blvd., a 4-laned highway that goes around town. Needless to say, I don't live in the middle of the highway. :banghead: Anywho... I'm in, I'm the only Maritimer here, it would seem and I might move the marker to a slightly more accurate position, if I can actually get it to work.

^_^

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess it's safe to say that, for the most part, C&G members follow the usual population pattern of North America.

Black and Blue Landscaper I've only seen post on here a few times and he lives by me. Weird... Nice picture, though.

Yeah I added myself and Black and Blue Landscaper is about 20 miles from me. Then I think it's you sciguy_0504 as the next closest to me.

• 7 months later...